Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
What I hope for in the next TES game is that we finally get shops that aren't their own separate instance. This was okay in Oblivion, but surely they can stream the items in a shop without putting a hard loading screen there.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
What I hope for in the next TES game is that we finally get shops that aren't their own separate instance. This was okay in Oblivion, but surely they can stream the items in a shop without putting a hard loading screen there.
There are a couple shops out in the open that don't require a loading screen to access. The first that comes to mind is Jemison Mercantile. But it doesn't have any items lying around that you can steal, the shops that require a loading screen to enter do have them tho.

Starfield_Screenshot_2023.09.05___14.11.34.85.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Are the factions at least interesting in this shit game? Since exploration is trash, combat is trash, the lore is trash, immersion is trash, guns are toy trash, optimization is trash, the setting is trash, a space game without any cool sci fi tech or aliens, characters are trash, there is any redeeming quality in this shit game? In open world, quality > quantity. Just look to Gothic's 2. Only one main city(Khorinis), and that game is amazing.

people are saying starfield is at its best doing cargo delivery quests like Death Stranding. as long as the gameplay is good modders can fix whatever dumb bullshit bethesda shipped with the game
But why play Starfield then when you can play the superior Death Stranding?

Vic

Savant

Ryzer

Arcane
Frankly, I'm baffled this game doesn't have a backlash on the same magnitude than Cyberpunk.
Everything in it is outdated and is absolutely shameful in 2023.
The AI is at least 20 years old delayed, even worse since Fear's AI was certainly better in all areas.
The environments are incredibly dull, empty and could be rendered on a PS3.
The gameplay is certainly awful and worse than half-life 1 but when this is your principal focus on a game, it's should be a death sentence.
The story is shit and makes no sense from an human point of view, nobody would call a complete stranger to fetch an artefact and enroll into an important mission.
The looting is mediocre, only rewards you get are standart weapons +% modifiers, same goes for the skills.
The graphics, lightning, shadows, water physics are at the very LEAST 20 years old delayed.
When Ground Zeroes released on the PS3 outmatch it in these categories, you know there is a problem.
The space combat is inferior in every regards compared to Rogue Squadron 2, a game released on Gamecube with a tiny budget.

Their engine is a massive POS and should be thrown into a dustbin.
400M$, this scam, lmao.
ground zeroes is an hour long, of course it's more polished. i beat GZ and loved it but that's a stupid comparison
Take Phantom Pain, it's the complete game, and there was no downgrade in terms of graphics despite running smooth on 30fps on a freaking PS3 with 256 MB of RAM.
It's not an excuse.

Levenmouth

Cipher
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
There are a couple shops out in the open that don't require a loading screen to access. The first that comes to mind is Jemison Mercantile. But it doesn't have any items lying around that you can steal, the shops that require a loading screen to enter do have them tho.
Yeah, that's a good point. I guess they can't make their engine load items when you get closer to them or something instead of just spawning them once you enter. There's also that weapons shop in the Well where you can steal items from the shelves, but the antiques/clothes shop on Neon is a separate instance despite being no larger than my living room.

abija

Prophet
It's one of the few AAA devs that allow modding. I don't understand the complaints about "optimization" or asking for an engine change.
Not like any of their games ran at high fps and I think it's the first one that actually runs smooth.

Ryzer

Arcane
Loading screen to load a planet.
Loading screen to get to a planet and load the JPEG space environment.
Loading screen to load a labo in a planet.
Loading screen to get off a planet.
Loading screen to land on a spaceship.
Loading screen to use the metro.

Say whetever you want about Cyberpunk but at least there is very few loading, plus add the fact that Starfield loads not to generate an open world but a tiny 1km2 cell.
Besides Starfield is not an open world but a point and click shooter adventure.
It's not even a space game since there is no space.
It's one of the few AAA devs that allow modding. I don't understand the complaints about "optimization" or asking for an engine change.
Not like any of their games ran at high fps and I think it's the first one that actually runs smooth.
Who cares about modding when not a single aspect of the game is good and next-gen?
The game is worse in every aspects than games released 20 years ago.

Ryzer

Arcane
The fact that you care so much about modding is a self-admission that the games needs external works to make it tolerable. You're just accepting the fact that the game itself isn't good but hopes that it will be better.
so.. why are you still posting (and shit rating) in a game's thread you don't like? Do you see me in the Bear Sex Simulator 3 thread?
Well, Baldur's Gate 3 at the very least has good combat, I can't say the same about Starfield.
Besides, What is there to like in this game? There is nothing new or original or fullfilling in this game.

Last edited:

Vic

Savant
The fact that you care so much about modding is a self-admission that the games needs external works to make it tolerable.
Yes, like every bethesda game.
You're just accepting the fact that the game itself isn't good but hopes that it will be better.
Yes, game was just released. Didn't get any updates yet. There are still DLCs planned. The current issues will be fixed either by Bethesda or by modders and in a few years it'll be as good as it gets, but we are far away from that now. It's kind of obvious but maybe it's cool to hate on the game now, so... bored maybe?
Well, Baldur's Gates 3 at the very least has good combat, I can't say the same about Starfield.
apples and oranges. SF is FPS while BG3 is turn based. SF's combat is an improvement over FO4 imo.
Besides, What is there to like in this game? There is nothing new or original or fullfilling in this game.
Idk ask the people who have already played 100+ hours and are still enjoying it. For me it's mostly the combat and RPG progression a la Diablo to hunt for better loot. Quests are fun too. Crafting and base building is okay. Space combat gets quite tense on higher levels.... etc.

Ryzer

Arcane
Yes, game was just released. Didn't get any updates yet. There are still DLCs planned. The current issues will be fixed either by Bethesda or by modders and in a few years it'll be as good as it gets, but we are far away from that now. It's kind of obvious but maybe it's cool to hate on the game now, so... bored maybe?
Nice of you to admit the game is utter shit and you just cling with the hope that it will be better afterwards.

Nigga a game should be a good on release, day 1.

Vic

Savant
Nigga a game should be a good on release, day 1.
it's good, don't put words in my mouth. I am at almost 100 hours played and I'm enjoying it, so do many others. If you think that's cope you're an autist who doesn't have the capacity to see things from other people's point of view

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Are the factions at least interesting in this shit game? Since exploration is trash, combat is trash, the lore is trash, immersion is trash, guns are toy trash, optimization is trash, the setting is trash, a space game without any cool sci fi tech or aliens, characters are trash, there is any redeeming quality in this shit game? In open world, quality > quantity. Just look to Gothic's 2. Only one main city(Khorinis), and that game is amazing.

You forgot: graphics are trash.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Loading screen to load a planet.
Loading screen to get to a planet and load the JPEG space environment.
Loading screen to load a labo in a planet.
Loading screen to get off a planet.
Loading screen to land on a spaceship.
Loading screen to use the metro.

Say whetever you want about Cyberpunk but at least there is very few loading, plus add the fact that Starfield loads not to generate an open world but a tiny 1km2 cell.
Besides Starfield is not an open world but a point and click shooter adventure.
It's not even a space game since there is no space.
Who cares about modding when not a single aspect of the game is good and next-gen?

Loading screens to leave or enter your ship, even though it's already landed on the planet.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
This amount of butthurt about the best RPG in a decade and simultaneous irrational shilling for an unmitigated pile of shit reminds me of SDG's Diablo IV screeching :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom