Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starfield Thread - Shattered Space expansion coming September 30th

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
is pretty performant i have to say decent haul nice weapons and overall speed and resistance.

20230912134310_1.jpg
How many niggers on board this shitbucket? Will it be able to land on that png planet?

ArchAngel

Arcane
I swear only thing that is keeping me playing this game is because my brain is already busted from playing Diablo likes since Diablo 1.. there is nothing of real worth in this game, this is a game for aRPG fans and MMRPG fans. Quests are basically MMORPG level and the rest is murdering tons of same enemies and collecting loot with modifiers and leveling up your skills..
I'm sorry but are you hating on the game for codex cool points? You just said you're the target audience for the game :lol:

I do agree tho, the looter shooter mechanics tap into that random loot dopamine trigger from ARPGs and MMOs, but while there is a lot of weapon variety, it is urgently lacking in interesting set pieces. In regards to MMO-type quests, I think a lot of them are designed early on to get you to explore and send you to various places, ie fetch quests. Some are quite good and overall the writing is above their previous games, but it suffers a bit early on due to their intent of getting you around places.
Hey, I am realistic about my bad taste in games. I just cannot help it :(

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
first time seeing this weapon in the game, does certain gear not drop below a certain level? Because I keep finding new stuff. Maybe just RNG.

Starfield-9-12-2023-7-00-47-PM.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
BG3 still outselling flopfield

And many people feared that the previous launch date for Baizuo's Gate 3 would mean the death of BG3... BG3 still the most played single player game on steam ( https://steamcharts.com/top ) . I have many critiques towards Larian but is thanks to Larian that TB games are becoming popular again.

But I would't say that Starfield flopped. Bugthesda has so many fanboys that if they sell literally shit, people would buy it.

abija

Prophet
TB will just become more hated, unskipable gameplay between romances and virtual pants sniffing ...

Yosharian

Arcane
You've only got to look at the player numbers. Starfield is getting absolutely bodied.

YouTubers are shilling hard still though, one the other day was like 'STARFIELD DOMINATING WITH 250K PLAYERS'

I lol'd

Johnny Biggums

Learned
And then Starfield has higher specs than BG3, so you have to factor in PC players who would buy but cant run it on their own rig. You might be surprised at how many there are.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It is outselling it on Steam but you are ignoring Gamepass and Xbox. Starfield is one of the selling points for Gamepass atm with it being day 1 release.
If gamepass doesn't lead to direct sales, which is how indies report they get their worth out of it, it's going to be one hell of a letdown.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
And then Starfield has higher specs than BG3, so you have to factor in PC players who would buy but cant run it on their own rig. You might be surprised at how many there are.
Do they? I played both on an ancient 10 year old rig with only otherwise 5 year old card. Of course both on minimum details but perfectly playable. I think all this "SUCH HIGH HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS" are a meme, only people who cannot play on anything below high/ultra complain.

abija

Prophet
I'm curious now, how many fps did you get on a Haswell in any of the big cities in Starfield or in BG3 act 3?

Mortmal

Arcane
BG3 still outselling flopfield

And many people feared that the previous launch date for Baizuo's Gate 3 would mean the death of BG3... BG3 still the most played single player game on steam ( https://steamcharts.com/top ) . I have many critiques towards Larian but is thanks to Larian that TB games are becoming popular again.

But I would't say that Starfield flopped. Bugthesda has so many fanboys that if they sell literally shit, people would buy it.
I think Cyberpunk sold 11 million copies at release, and everyone remembers the lackluster release and heavy criticisms. So Starfield's numbers would come as a big disappointment for a company of that size.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm curious now, how many fps did you get on a Haswell in any of the big cities in Starfield or in BG3 act 3?
25-30 (I didn't play Starfield much but I assume New Atlantis counts?), I guess if you tried looking hard enough you would probably find something below, but I don't play watching FPS counter all the time.

Admittively, there were also some micro-stutters in some area transitions (entering a building etc).

Surprisingly enough though, in combat I rarely had any stutter or noticeable FPS drop, but AI did sometimes think for a while during turns in BG3).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
About hardware requirements, why someone even buy a expensive pc nowadays? Except for work? Because lets be real, imagine buying a high end gaming pc and having ... Forspoken, Starfield and other games that try as hard as possible to have ugly characters to play...

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But Starfield is not the same, the loading screens every time you want to do something is the mayor part that prevents this game from feeling like a Bethesda game,
Can you explain this loading screen business to me? In Starfield, like in every other bethesda game, the outside world is one area (no loading screens) and inside buildings/caves etc. is another area and you enter with loading screen. It's the same in Starfield. What's the problem?

This is my first Bethesda game I am playing using an SSD. It makes it so loading screens don't really bother me at all.

I am used to having to put up with some fairly long loading screens in years gone by when I used a mechanical hard drive and now even 3 load screens in rapid succession still aren't as long as 1 with a non-SSD hard drive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom