Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter STASIS 2: BONE TOTEM - new isometric adventure in Stasis universe set in deep sea installation

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Thanks all! Really awesome that the game seems to resonate with so many people.

It's strange - because I always had Mac dying - but a lot of people have said that Charlie should have been the one who sacrificed herself.

I think a part of that may have come from the writing of the story happening during Covid, and as I got married. I was in a 'what would I do to save my wife/family' mindset for a big chunk of time. Lockdowns in South Africa had this additional sense of forboding, because so many people were certain that there would be a lot of civil unrest. Luckly, there wasnt, but the emotions of 'when they come, be ready' are hard to ignore.
I think that I naturally put myself into Mac as a character - and those feelings of being the protector, no matter what.

Interestingly, the story was originally much more 'Charlie' focused (I think I just had a bit of fatigue in writing men from Beautiful Desolation) - but by the end of it I saw it as more of Macs story. He is the one who really grows and changes - while being stoic and strong.

And yeah - Moses and Faran turned out wonderfully there. I can't take any credit for that - that was all Jack! In the version that I handed over to him, Faran is never heard from again once Moses leaves the chamber. Jack took him and grew his relationship with Moses into one of the best ones in the game.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'll pick this up for summer whisky gaming nights (honorable gaming slot) after I've gone on vacation. I liked the first Stasis, wasn't a huge fan of BD, and I've barely read anything about this. It'll be fun to see what you've done this time

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
The game is out!

GOG have a very sweet deal going on.

Now give me your money. I have more games to make.

http://www.stasis2.com/
I just wanted you to know that I haven't even started on Cayne, let alone Beautiful Desolation, but I bought STASIS 2 on GOG so that you can use my hard-earned shekels for your next game. Maybe some time within the next 5 years I'll be able to play and complete all 3!
:love:

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Wow man - thanks so much for this really nice an indepth review!

And yeah - it would be awesome to get some of that sweet frontpage action.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
While technically accurate, I would agree dreadful wouldn't be the best word to use there. It's too commonly associated with "poor in quality" rather than something that instills dread. It's really too bad how warped the English language has become.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
While technically accurate, I would agree dreadful wouldn't be the best word to use there. It's too commonly associated with "poor in quality" rather than something that instills dread. It's really too bad how warped the English language has become.
Terrifying?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Thanks guys, got it and having a blast despite being shit at puzzles. I swear that first bar graph puzzle was gonna kill me until I discovered there was no actual timer.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
I wanted a timer there with a drowning death - but Nic made the call that the music was enough to drive home the danger!

oasis789

Arcane
saw that it was on steam sale and snagged it, thanks pyke

(tbqh i was planning to buy it full price if i had game money left over after the summer sale)

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wanted a timer there with a drowning death - but Nic made the call that the music was enough to drive home the danger!

Yeah, I waited there for a very long time to get another death achievement. After waiting for 5 minutes only I realized I'm in a Monkey Island easter egg ...

Mortmal

Arcane
It was truly brilliant in every aspect: the storytelling, atmosphere, puzzles, interface, and even managed to evoke some emotions towards the end. Yes, even for someone like me who might be considered a psychopath... I hope your next game will be set in the Stasis universe again. It will definitely be a day one purchase for me

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
Recently heard about this. Sounds like the codex opinion is very favorable?
One of the best adventure games in decades.
Felt like I was going to have an heart attack due to the pressure at first but since I didn't solve it quickly enough some of the air went out of the tension when I noticed I wasn't drowning.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Finished this.. overall very positive experience .. BUT

1. I wish you would light up alot of the scenes. I realize its supposed to be a horror game, but its fucking DARK, and can't see shit half the time, even zoomed in, alot of good detail is lost, and its just annoying and not spooky or immersive.
thats my main gripe. it's too bad, becuse obviously its beautiful 2d game, i just cant enjoy it in full
2. Stasis universe is cool, but I would have loved a different take on the story, where I enjoyed STASIS 1 one, because its in space, and well, it has alot of futuristic shit. STASIS 2 does too, but the main story and main villains werent really that engaging for me and the overall plot.
3. I thought the bear was really annoying.. but maybe its juts me, and the constant back and forth in dialogue with the AI and shit... got abit tedious and dumb towards the end.

Good work guys, hope we get STASIS 3 sometime :p

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
If you go to the accessiblity menu, you can turn off the lighting effects. :D
Glad you enjoyed it!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom