Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Steam Approval at 69.999%, Be The Legendary Codexian Who Defeated The SJW Horde

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Steam approval is hovering now at 69%, when I see the last vestiges of NPC review bombers defeated I will begin work on V3.

Seriously, if 1% of the people who enjoyed Grimoire would simply write a review for it, this rating would be 80% within a few hours.

The SJWs only win when good men do nothing.

My incredible burnout when I put up V2 has faded and I might move onto some really nice features like Steam achievements and custom portraits.

I was also trying to expand the future region a little, maybe even with a superscience quest to get some more sci-fi items, some of which I noticed are at present almost unobtainable.

Watched FRANKENSTEIN UNBOUND by Roger Corman the other day and really loved how the main character has the showdown in the remote future at the climax. Sort of inspired to put something equally wild into the future region currently in the game.

Last edited:

Duralux for Durabux

Steam approval is hovering now at 69%, when I see the last vestiges of NPC review bombers defeated I will begin work on V3.
You should take into consideration every criticism instead of denying every negative post even though they are made by SJW.
There is no way to enhance a game if you don't listen to the community (I have read negative post, sometimes it well-receive criticism (make an option to change the UI, the difficulty,or the controls(there is nothing political in this or wrong with this)(BTW i didn't buy this game i don't know if those problems are fixed in V2)). You could make a list of what works and what doesn't for V3.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
You should take into consideration every criticism instead of denying every negative post even though they are made by SJW.
There is no way to enhance a game if you don't listen to the community (I have read negative post, sometimes it well-receive criticism (make an option to change the UI, the difficulty,or the controls(there is nothing political in this or wrong with this)(BTW i didn't buy this game i don't know if those problems are fixed in V2)). You could make a list of what works and what doesn't for V3.

It's not criticism, it is personal attacks. Most of the negative reviews barely mention the game. It's SJW garbage by people who don't even play these kinds of games and never would have even reviewed the game other than for personal attacks, many of them so far off-topic I have trouble believing Steam would keep them up.

Duralux for Durabux

It's not criticism, it is personal attacks. Most of the negative reviews barely mention the game. It's SJW garbage by people who don't even play these kinds of games and never would have even reviewed the game other than for personal attacks, many of them so far off-topic I have trouble believing Steam would keep them up.
Check out steam reviews again, you will see that not all of them are SJW's garbage or personal charge against you.
First negative review i have checked :

"JFC... the UI.... I played the old Wizardries, Ultimas, old Atari 800 quasi-RPG games... I have literally never seen a worse, more obtuse and inconsistent UI. It's really difficult to get past it. Why doesn't mouse clicking work to advance text? When do you need to use space, and when do you need to use enter instead to advance text? It's like nothing I've ever seen... like the UI is being programmed by a team of people who don't communicate with each other, have differing ideas, and haven't really paid attention to game UIs since the games of the late 80s.

Aside from that, the game mechanics seem inconsistent and sort of inscrutable... like characters getting D&D style HP, but then a little giant rat in the introductory area one-shotting your guy with 20 hp, and your guys hitting that rat with hammers and dracon claws and not penetrating its armor, over and over. ... what?

I was really hopeful about this one, but, god, playing it is *excrutiating*.

How old is this game? Fix the damned UI. This is 2019, not 1988."
He doesn't seems to be a Casul. IMO.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
There's a legitimate complaint to make about the UI. Why do you have to click Use, then click the item in some cases, but in other cases you have to click the item and then click Use? That's hardly grounds for a negative review though.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I played the old Wizardries, Ultimas, old Atari 800 quasi-RPG games

This doesn't mean anything.

I, too, can truthfully say that I've played Wizardry I and Might & Magic I. I booted them up, created parties and then immediately had my ass handed to me, quit, and have yet to return. Can I now go around the webs proclaiming that I'm not a casual?

And yes, Grimoire's UI has issues. It's far from unplayable, though.

Citizen

Are you fucking insane? My botnet of stolen steam accounts works around the clock just to maintain that sweet 69% rating

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
That just about did it! This was all it needed it was so close!

It is teetering at 69% about to fall over to 70% and this will change the rating from "Mixed" to "Positive."

All it will take is one or two more positive reviews to tip it to 70% where hopefully it will continue to climb after that.

Be the Codexian who tipped the scales and avenged the incline!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom