Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Stellaris - Paradox new sci-fi grand strategy game

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Are there any mods that reduce influence gain or otherwise slow down grabbing turf? I find the exploration phase to be the nicest.

Ravielsk

Magister
Are there any mods that reduce influence gain or otherwise slow down grabbing turf? I find the exploration phase to be the nicest.
None, that I know of but here: https://files.catbox.moe/9urmub.txt

I just increased the cost of expansion to 250. Not sure how that will affect the AI but it could slow it down a little. Just put it into "*game location*\Stellaris\common\defines" and it should work on new game.

this may be a dumb question since I have not played it much, so there could be an obvious reason why this would not work. I do have the game like I said, but have played it maybe 5 hours. Could you make habitable planets rare and slow down the tech tree advancements or some combination of things like that?

this may be a dumb question since I have not played it much, so there could be an obvious reason why this would not work. I do have the game like I said, but have played it maybe 5 hours. Could you make habitable planets rare and slow down the tech tree advancements or some combination of things like that?

I think part of the problem is also that it's a little too easy to claim territory overall, but certainly Stellaris does play better when you lower the number of habitable planets. By default, they feel far too abundant - personally, I like the idea of habitable planets being rare and something to be fought over due to their scarcity.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

It's about territory specifically, not only planets. In fact, I wouldn't mind* frequent planets that you need to take your sweet time to claim.

*the other problem with that is the game poorly supports such settings - the more you have, the more you have to micromanage.

None, that I know of but here: https://files.catbox.moe/9urmub.txt

I just increased the cost of expansion to 250. Not sure how that will affect the AI but it could slow it down a little. Just put it into "*game location*\Stellaris\common\defines" and it should work on new game.

This should be exactly what I need. Thanks! If it's not a bother, is there a way to boost starting influence to 900, then? Didn't see anything like starting resources in that file. I'd like to be able to grab 3-4 systems easily and then slow down for exploration.

Last edited:
- Be me, playing a nice game.
- Its 2400
- Great Khan is a joke I kept bottled up to keep some aliens from taking the FREE REAL STATE, got killed by Concunbine and then I turned the resulting sucessor into my vassals.
- Annexed some vassal, in process of annexing another.
- Everything alright, my sprawl for once is less than capacity
- Got advanced genetic traits
- Getting into repeatables territory
- Thanks to Great Khan, just nabbed four planets of a neighbooring empire after he wrecked them.
- Everything is going alright.
- The plan is once I finish incorporating my vassals, to go south and take over a big but weak civilization as vassals.
- SURPRISE UNBIDDEN, BITCH

- Its ok, they're far and I got a science ship playing lookout.
- The Plan is simple: Bunch up around 100-200k of fleet power I got (average fleet power: 25k something) and kill some weaker Unbidden fleets until I am ready for prime-time.
- Nevermind that, they're close to L-Gates
- FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
- I CONTROL TERMINAL EGRESS
- 400k fleet power of pure Unbidden doom shows up and destroys Terminal Egress and one of my fleets, totally ruining my plan to bait the Unbidden into a Fortress of Doom with all my fleets at once.

Holy shit. I can't see how I will be able to compete with that much bullshit firepower. I got a nice wealthy economy, but damn.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
- Its 2400
- Great Khan is a joke I kept bottled up to keep some aliens from taking the FREE REAL STATE, got killed by Concunbine and then I turned the resulting sucessor into my vassals.
- Thanks to Great Khan, just nabbed four planets of a neighbooring empire after he wrecked them.
- The plan is once I finish incorporating my vassals, to go south and take over a big but weak civilization as vassals.

- The Plan is simple: Bunch up around 100-200k of fleet power I got (average fleet power: 25k something) and kill some weaker Unbidden fleets until I am ready for prime-time.
- FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
- 400k fleet power of pure Unbidden doom shows up and destroys Terminal Egress and one of my fleets, totally ruining my plan to bait the Unbidden into a Fortress of Doom with all my fleets at once.

Holy shit. I can't see how I will be able to compete with that much bullshit firepower. I got a nice wealthy economy, but damn.

How is this possible? The game never manages to be challenging for me. Are you using the earliest possible endgame date?

- Its 2400

- FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

How is this possible? The game never manages to be challenging for me. Are you using the earliest possible endgame date?

Vanilla endgame date (2400) I think.

I'm not exactly a pro player.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
- Its 2400

- FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Vanilla endgame date (2400) I think.

I'm not exactly a pro player.
Don't worry, the Crisis AI is pretty retarded. They'll just fly around and blow up starbases without actually attacking any worlds.
If you had a habitat at Egress you could have trapped them there and still kept control of it.
Also, spam shields and arc emitters. The Unbidden really hates those.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah at game creation you can change habitable planet frequency and tech research speed.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So, proclaimed myself Galactic Emperor for the first time. Immediately, my very successful Federation (of me and my vassals) got dissolved, and I lost my 4 Federation fleets, as well as all those sweet, sweet level 5 resource production bonuses. In exchange I got... not much, honestly? The Imperial Palace on Terra might look nice, but meh. The Imperial Armada is named nicely, but I already controlled it as Custodian when it was called the GDF. Meh.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
So, proclaimed myself Galactic Emperor for the first time. Immediately, my very successful Federation (of me and my vassals) got dissolved, and I lost my 4 Federation fleets, as well as all those sweet, sweet level 5 resource production bonuses. In exchange I got... not much, honestly? The Imperial Palace on Terra might look nice, but meh. The Imperial Armada is named nicely, but I already controlled it as Custodian when it was called the GDF. Meh.

OK, so supposedly no member state of the Galactic Imperium can declare war on me. Giving up my Federation fleets is not fair trade, seeing as how the only remaining things to do is to conclude the War in Heaven and the Ubidden Crisis. The fleets would have been more useful. And the resource bonuses! It ITZed my gas/crystal/motes production. Also, I get +6 influence and +20% diplo weight. Still not fair trade.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom