Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Played a little today, it was alright. For some reason the character models are smaller than I'd like.

Netcode is ok. Drive impact (hp + hk) seems too cheap for just 1 stock of the new meter, potentially huge payoff and safe on block. Yes, you can jump over it and do other things like throw or drive impact another DI on reaction, but it seems very strong regardless. Especially in the corner as intended. I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted it to cost 2 stocks.

Damage levels seem fine to me, I like high damage FGs. Normals from frame drive (the dash) get +4 bonus on hit or on block, and if you normal someone in a burnout state you also get an extra +4 on block. These are cumulative, so you can potentially get an additional +8 for a normal on block if you do it from a frame drive against an opponent in burnout.

So it's not really true that it's boring like sf5. There's some good depth to the system and it feels fairly well thought out - other than value tweaks, I think it's fine. Parrying felt weak to me - even after a perfect parry your combo gets scaled to shit, so it's just better to do a drive impact most of the time in the same situation. But I didn't really play enough to figure things out. Online only without local vs. is shit, I have a few local friends that I could test this with.

Another thing I thought was a little weird was the jump - not sure if it's the animation or what, but jump and jump buttons seem floaty and unpredictable.

Not super excited about it or anything, but I already like it a lot better than 5, which admittedly isn't saying much.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
And DMC since they canceled Langdon...
Wait, what do you mean they cancelled Reuben Langdon? That guy looks like someone works hard and good at his job. Also, he IS Dante, good luck a DMC game without him. It will be as memorable as Venom Snake without David Hayter.

Self-Ejected

HereticGuy

Self-Ejected
Wait, what do you mean they cancelled Reuben Langdon?
Capcom doesn't want him anymore. He no longer voices Ken.
Also, he IS Dante, good luck a DMC game without him.
Here you go.
DmC 2013 didn't have Dante; it had El Donte :

he didnt put enough trust into vaccines
What is it to do with his professional job? It's like saying "Jackie Chan is a bad martial arts actor, because he said something positive about China".

Played a little today, it was alright. For some reason the character models are smaller than I'd like.

Netcode is ok. Drive impact (hp + hk) seems too cheap for just 1 stock of the new meter, potentially huge payoff and safe on block. Yes, you can jump over it and do other things like throw or drive impact another DI on reaction, but it seems very strong regardless. Especially in the corner as intended. I wouldn't be surprised if they adjusted it to cost 2 stocks.

Damage levels seem fine to me, I like high damage FGs. Normals from frame drive (the dash) get +4 bonus on hit or on block, and if you normal someone in a burnout state you also get an extra +4 on block. These are cumulative, so you can potentially get an additional +8 for a normal on block if you do it from a frame drive against an opponent in burnout.

So it's not really true that it's boring like sf5. There's some good depth to the system and it feels fairly well thought out - other than value tweaks, I think it's fine. Parrying felt weak to me - even after a perfect parry your combo gets scaled to shit, so it's just better to do a drive impact most of the time in the same situation. But I didn't really play enough to figure things out. Online only without local vs. is shit, I have a few local friends that I could test this with.

Another thing I thought was a little weird was the jump - not sure if it's the animation or what, but jump and jump buttons seem floaty and unpredictable.

Not super excited about it or anything, but I already like it a lot better than 5, which admittedly isn't saying much.
Can you neutral jump Drive Impact and punish it?
Can you perfect parry Drive Rush and punish it?
Are there target combos? Can you free style combos ala Third Strike?
Does it really play more like the Alpha series or SFV? I'm talking about handling, game speed, etc.
How does whiff punishing feels? The animations to me doesn't feel right in some instances.
Are there throw loops? The fact that I haven't seen anyone do these things speaks volume.
One frame links?
I'm also guessing that being in the corner will be extremely punishing, so people will want to aggressively play neutral mid. I'm noticing that a lot of the design is intricately made to be played/pushed to be more aggressive and to force you to be more combative. Which in a way is how Fighting games are played at high levels, but people play this shit like a turn base RPG early on, but that's due to a lack of knowledge.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
he didnt put enough trust into vaccines
To say the least. I've seen that man's twitter feed and it was 90% conspiracy theories. That being said, it doesn't mean that he should be blacklisted though I doubt he is.

Yes. Probably the best way to punish as it doesn't leave you too far.

I think you meant parry a Drive Impact (the rush is the dash cancel). But parry combos are scaled to shit. In that situation (of getting a clean read on your opponent) it's just strictly better to punish a DI with another DI.

There are lots of target combos. Ken (which is what I played) has MK MK HK. I'm not sure what you mean by "free style combos", but you can link c. LK into c. LP into special/super. There are also stricter links, but not sure about 1f stuff like in SF4 - probably not.
Does it really play more like the Alpha series or SFV? I'm talking about handling, game speed, etc.
Game speed felt pretty similar to SFV to me (in terms of walkspeed etc.). Jumping felt very different and off for some reason as I mentioned.
How does whiff punishing feels? The animations to me doesn't feel right in some instances.
Whiff punishing feels good enough, I'd say. Some moves leave you in a specific "crush counter" state, like in SFV, but it has a different name in SF6.

Are there throw loops? The fact that I haven't seen anyone do these things speaks volume.
Throw pressure is similar to past titles. As there are invincible EX DPs on wakeup, I wouldn't call any of it a "throw loop", unless the enemy is in Burnout - in which case, they're especially fucked. Burnout is really, REALLY bad.

One frame links?
See above. I haven't seen any but my playtime was very limited.

I'm also guessing that being in the corner will be extremely punishing, so people will want to aggressively play neutral mid. I'm noticing that a lot of the design is intricately made to be played/pushed to be more aggressive and to force you to be more combative. Which in a way is how Fighting games are played at high levels, but people play this shit like a turn base RPG early on, but that's due to a lack of knowledge.
Yes, the game seems to me to be very offense-oriented. Being pressured against the corner is true terror and if you're in burnout in the corner there's very little you can do. So far I think it's a good thing, but keep in mind I also think Drive Impact is too cheap at 1 stock as I wrote before.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tone down Burnout a little bit (against someone who knows what they're doing it's almost impossible to get your meter back, you're just dead) and up the cost of DI.

Yes. Probably the best way to punish as it doesn't leave you too far.

I think you meant parry a Drive Impact (the rush is the dash cancel). But parry combos are scaled to shit. In that situation (of getting a clean read on your opponent) it's just strictly better to punish a DI with another DI.

There are lots of target combos. Ken (which is what I played) has MK MK HK. I'm not sure what you mean by "free style combos", but you can link c. LK into c. LP into special/super. There are also stricter links, but not sure about 1f stuff like in SF4 - probably not.
Game speed felt pretty similar to SFV to me (in terms of walkspeed etc.). Jumping felt very different and off for some reason as I mentioned.
Whiff punishing feels good enough, I'd say. Some moves leave you in a specific "crush counter" state, like in SFV, but it has a different name in SF6.

Throw pressure is similar to past titles. As there are invincible EX DPs on wakeup, I wouldn't call any of it a "throw loop", unless the enemy is in Burnout - in which case, they're especially fucked. Burnout is really, REALLY bad.

One frame links?
See above. I haven't seen any but my playtime was very limited.

Yes, the game seems to me to be very offense-oriented. Being pressured against the corner is true terror and if you're in burnout in the corner there's very little you can do. So far I think it's a good thing, but keep in mind I also think Drive Impact is too cheap at 1 stock as I wrote before.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tone down Burnout a little bit (against someone who knows what they're doing it's almost impossible to get your meter back, you're just dead) and up the cost of DI.
Interesting, sad to hear that it's just another evolution of V in terms of how the game handles it's speed, movement, and so on. Also a shame that 1FL are probably gone for good, modern scrubs cannot handle it. Based on your description and watching videos it seems like DI is going to be huge, I'm sure that learning how to beat this mechanic will at least put you in Gold since all the scrubs will be spamming this shit nonstop. DR seems to be the true star of this technical mechanic that will give a good player either advanced movement or options and can style on your opponents. Hearing that parry isn't that good is no surprise, many Japanese have a love and hate relationship with that mechanic.

aweigh

Arcane
jsgohyc9lzs91.png

Machocruz

Arcane
Opposites have always been used to subvert western culture. Said culture is identified with straight, white, males. So the ultimate human type for subverting the culture on the demographic front is black, female, and homosexual. It was always intended to be this way I think, but they needed to elevate white women and gays first to set up a foundation of support and influence. Why Capcom is on board now I don't know.

It comes off so forced, it distracts from the game, which I don't have high hopes for anyway. SF was already diverse. Some of the cast weren't even human ffs. The decline is undefeated

Last edited:
Opposites have always been used to subvert western culture. Said culture is identified with straight, white, males. So the ultimate human type for subverting the culture on the demographic front is black, female, and homosexual. It was always intended to be this way I think, but they needed to elevate white women and gays first to set up a foundation of support and influence. Why Capcom is on board now I don't know.

It comes off so forced, it distracts from the game, which I don't have high hopes for anyway. SF was already diverse. Some of the cast weren't even human ffs. The decline is undefeated
While it is unmistakable that there is an attack on the Western world and specifically White Males, and this push is being done on all sides, I see Capcom's decision of adding more blacks as a way of acknowledging or catering that for the past ten years the ones that have heavily played and consumed fighting games have been blacks. Don't get me wrong, in the '90s and early 2000s there was an even number of all demographic, but then it shifted to strictly be Asian and black with some Whites sprinkled here and there. What's interesting is that as I've already posted before, blacks and Asians have never complained about a lack of black characters, in fact one of the most heavily used characters by blacks ever since 09ners came in with the success of IV, and the Alpha series has been probably the whitest character ever, which is Cody. Street Fighter V has the most blond hair White people and no one has complained.

Then again the addition of the gay flamboyant black in the opening of the Battle Hub does give credence that there is something amiss at Capcom. In my opinion they seem to play both sides.

Machocruz

Arcane
While it is unmistakable that there is an attack on the Western world and specifically White Males, and this push is being done on all sides, I see Capcom's decision of adding more blacks as a way of acknowledging or catering that for the past ten years the ones that have heavily played and consumed fighting games have been blacks. Don't get me wrong, in the '90s and early 2000s there was an even number of all demographic, but then it shifted to strictly be Asian and black with some Whites sprinkled here and there. What's interesting is that as I've already posted before, blacks and Asians have never complained about a lack of black characters, in fact one of the most heavily used characters by blacks ever since 09ners came in with the success of IV, and the Alpha series has been probably the whitest character ever, which is Cody. Street Fighter V has the most blond hair White people and no one has complained.

Then again the addition of the gay flamboyant black in the opening of the Battle Hub does give credence that there is something amiss at Capcom. In my opinion they seem to play both sides.
Every black player I knew in the pre-4 days mained Ken. Every single one. Only time I heard a person of color complain about race in a fighting game was when Birdies stage in alpha was a bathroom. And I'm not completely sure that he wasn't jesting.

just

Liturgist
they went all out for juris feet, supers, taunts...

if only theyd put so much love for chun, but she gets shit
this should be her lvl3 not some retarded kungfu

Last edited:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
I see Capcom threw any subtlety out the window and are going all in this time

Chun Li ->Thicc thighs

Juri ->Feet

Cammy ->Ass?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom