Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Generic-Giant-Spider

At least Juri looks more in league with her SF4 iteration than SFV's hatchetjob.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Juri looks weirdly ugly. Like they went of out of their way to make her look that way. Even Kimberly face looks better.

I feel a profound sadness because i really wanted to like the new street fighter. At this rate i will have to devout myself to Tekken and play some classics on the side.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Now let's not go too far, Kimberly looks like an absolute car cash. One of the ugliest SF girls I've seen since MvCI Chun-Li.

But yes, Juri looks more trashy this time around.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
This game looks amazing and you people are crazy.

gusegao1.jpg

You guys just can't appriciate a good gesugao.

That character creator system looks like Dragon's Dogma. It say they're leveraging technology from other Capcom titles...that has to be from Dragon's Dogma 2.

Silentstorm

Learned
Meh, i bet it's male/female which is fine, anyways, it seems some leaks may be wrong, Capcom just recently announced that a leak was completely wrong at least plot wise.

Ken Masters does look far more like a hobo than ever before, to a point where a story leak saying he got divorced and his wife took his money and son away was widely believed...turns out that he's still married, it's just his company is accused of being involved in shady business and he got framed as being involved in that and instigating it across other crimes he is innocent of, so he is running away from justice looking for the people who framed him so he can come back to his family, he is now a wanted criminal apparently deciding the best way to prove his innocence...is to enter a global martial arts tournament and punch people?

...Sadly, this is Street Fighter, so this incredibly stupid plan will work, for all i know, one new character framed him or it will be the final boss of this game who framed him, i wonder if Chun-Li, Guile and other cops or authority figures will be trying to throw him into jail or believe and thus know he was framed.

The Ken being divorced thing was part of a story leak, wonder if the other parts are wrong too, as for the new plot...i don't really care about couples in fighting games but being a man running from justice is cooler than being a divorced dad that let himself go and has more story potential in a fighting game than a divorce.

Shadowfang

Arcane
That's a really mediocre trailer.
They managed to completely kill any hype that i initially had for this game. Still i wish they are successful.

At lest the Tekken 8 trailer managed to hype me for a series i thought i would stop playing after 7, despite enjoying most of it.

Shadowfang

Arcane
They managed to completely kill any hype that i initially had for this game. Still i wish they are successful.
Maybe they'll make an interesting fighting game again someday.
Yes, lets hope.

I think part of the problem is the fact that they keep trying to re-invent street fighter with each game instead of just improving it.

Those splashes effects look overwhelming and distracting. In constract a over the top cut scene from tekken 8 story mode not only looks much cleaner it also looks a lot better.

The free world also looks like an unfinished crap. The player made characters the bystanders and their animations also look bad. I rather they spent their resources elsewhere.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm really impressed with the effort in the SP content. Contrary to SFV they are releasing a great package.

I hope they are rewarded with a lot of success, and the game has the best player retention in Fighting games history.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Well, they kinda "had to" address the problem, since SF5 got massive flag in the normie sphere for not having any SP content at all. I think some execs up there took it a little bit too much to heart and "condemned" the whole dev team to spend some extra shifts on the SP content this time around. Well, not that it really matters. Game's, besides the fucking abomination that is Spray Can Girl, looking great, and it really feels like as a lot of heart went into this game.

just

Liturgist
yes tekken8 trailer, harada added some rain and lightning to tekken7 gameplay i am very hyped

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom