Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Bike thief girl. :flamesaw:

Yuri looks good.

Great now it has been confirmed that Guy won't be on SF6 either, because he gave his moves to a woman of colour.

Well this way i don't have to keep my hopes up for a Guy release on each season.

I'd kind of expect DLC of the main Final Fight characters...or for them to be in some updated version of the game. There was a Final Fight remake in those leaks, so it wouldn't really surprise me of they introduced some playable Final Fight characters to go with that.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I'd kind of expect DLC of the main Final Fight characters...or for them to be in some updated version of the game. There was a Final Fight remake in those leaks, so it wouldn't really surprise me of they introduced some playable Final Fight characters to go with that.
Yes, because of SF6 theme and references to Metro City i am also convinced that we are going to have some Final Fight characters, probably Cody, Hugo, Poison and Rolento. What i no longer expect is Guy, since Kimberly is mechanically the same character.

Generic-Giant-Spider

How she looks on Instagram:

sample-5e859ecc731e6eac2f681c9df4a47ab8.jpg

How she looks in person:

hqdefault.jpg

Yes, because of SF6 theme and references to Metro City i am also convinced that we are going to have some Final Fight characters, probably Cody, Hugo, Poison and Rolento. What i no longer expect is Guy, since Kimberly is mechanically the same character.
I'd much rather have old, grizzled Guy in the game than this fucking abomination. Spray can moves? Come on

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'd much rather have old, grizzled Guy in the game than this fucking abomination. Spray can moves? Come on
I didn´t expect the californians to have so much influence in Capcom. Or the Japanese are also surrendering to Neo Babylon?

They'll probably add her master Guy in too. Cody got a whole new move set in Street Fighter 5, I don't know why you wouldn't think they'd do something similar will Guy here if they've created a new character that does similar things to his old version. They haven't even given Guy some of his Final Fight 3 stuff.

It's also not like Street Fighter is opposed to having multiple characters similar to Ryu. Ryu being around doesn't mean you're not going to see Sakura, or vice versa; and this character is basically Guy's Sakura.

I didn´t expect the californians to have so much influence in Capcom. Or the Japanese are also surrendering to Neo Babylon?

The American side of Capcom sounds like it has less influence now than at any other point in the last 20 years. I'm not even sure the American side of Capcom even has fighting game people like it did in the past.

Shadowfang

Arcane
They'll probably add her master Guy in too.
I am not very confident of that.
Cody got a whole new move set in Street Fighter 5, I don't know why you wouldn't think they'd do something similar will Guy
Because Guy wasn't on SFV and and in his stead was Zeku, whose gameplay isn't as near as Kimberlin who even has the Bushin Senpukyaku that Zeku was missing.

It's also not like Street Fighter is opposed to having multiple characters similar to Ryu. Ryu being around doesn't mean you're not going to see Sakura, or vice versa
Sakura is a very different beast than Ryu and isn't a very good example. Ryu is a balanced, while defensive zoning character while Sakura is a rushdown one. While her moves resemble Ryu's in appearance, they are quite different in terms of of use.
Sakura fireball isnt a zoning too, Sakura shoryuken doesn't have the invulnerability of Ryu's and covers a lot more ground.
But if you would have said Akuma, Ken, Evil Ryu or any other shoto i would have agreed and would then have to point out that the shotos are an exception and that you don't see this in Street Figther with any other kind of character.

They'll probably add her master Guy in too.
I am not very confident of that.
Cody got a whole new move set in Street Fighter 5, I don't know why you wouldn't think they'd do something similar will Guy
Because Guy wasn't on SFV and and in his stead was Zeku, whose gameplay isn't as near as Kimberlin who even has the Bushin Senpukyaku that Zeku was missing.

It's also not like Street Fighter is opposed to having multiple characters similar to Ryu. Ryu being around doesn't mean you're not going to see Sakura, or vice versa
Sakura is a very different beast than Ryu and isn't a very good example. Ryu is a balanced, while defensive zoning character while Sakura is a rushdown one. While her moves resemble Ryu's in appearance, they are quite different in terms of of use.
Sakura fireball isnt a zoning too, Sakura shoryuken doesn't have the invulnerability of Ryu's and covers a lot more ground.
But if you would have said Akuma, Ken, Evil Ryu or any other shoto i would have agreed and would then have to point out that the shotos are an exception and that you don't see this in Street Figther with any other kind of character.

Gen, Yun, and Yang are all in Street Fighter 4 together. So they've done it with other characters too.

When Capcom is releasing Final Fight Remake in like 2025 (unless they keep the 2024 date) they'll probably add a playable Guy as DLC, or in the Ultra SF6 that was originally set for release one quarter after the Final Fight game. Seems like pretty obvious synergy between the two. Capcom releases a Street Fighter 6 set within a Metro City the players can run around in the single player mode. Later, originally a little more than a year later, Capcom releases a remake of Final Fight. Shortly after the remake they release a new version of SF6. I'd say odds are you're probably getting Cody, Guy, and Haggar in that update at the least. If you've timed your Final Fight remake to come out that close to a update that takes place in the same setting, it would make sense for the three playable characters to make it it. You're probably also going to be seeing Guy in Kimberly's ending (or endings) before that remake, which would also build hype for him to appear at a later date.

My guess would be Guy in this game, when he's added, will be a different playing character from Alpha and 4 just like how Cody was changed for SF5. Maybe SF6 Guy has his energy attack and Fist of the North Star looking punches from Final Fight 3. Maybe they'll use Guy to basically have a character that's Kenshiro. Maybe Guy's Bushin Izuna Otoshi will function more like Gato's Fuuga. They could easily turn Guy into a more heavy hitting variant of the character he previously was to make him different from the new student character that does what he did when he was a younger character.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Or maybe it will be Kimberly on Final Fight, again instead of Guy.
Either way, we shall see...

Edit: Assisted Living Godzilla if anything of your post ends up being true you should change your profile location to "hidden in Capcom's HQ.".

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The good thing is we will know all we need about the "men" picking the black graffitti girl.

Never picking a character has told so much about a person.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
There's some Juri and Nigja gameplay here:

1. Change in stance when... uh... HP is low? The new thingy is low?
2. Juri critical art has a different ending. I assume it's different if it doesn't end the round.

Last edited:
Your stance changes when you use up the Drive Gauge. That's not new news, it's been known since E3. You use up the Drive Gauge and you get put into a weaker state with new stance animation to reflect that. It'd probably be better if they called the gauge a Stamina Gauge, because that's how you should think of it, the Drive Gauge drops to zero either from you doing Drive Moves or being hit and your character gets weaker and takes more damage...might even be slower.

The move Juri is doing is the non-Critical Art version of her Level 3 Super Art. If your life isn't below 25% you don't do the Critical Art version of your Level 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom