Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

52118104716_ff46b156d6_4k.jpg

Shit is ugly.

But Drive meter is also a guard break gauge - your opponent isn't just going to wait there until you regain meter, they're going to keep up the offensive once they see you only have 1/3 of the bar left, especially since burning out is such a crippling disadvantage.

In any case, as I said it's all conjecture at this point. Let's see how they tweak the values.

Your original worry was the Drive Gauge would make things too defensive and discourage offensive play, now you're again talking about it encouraging offensive play. My whole original point was that it would encourage offensive play...which it will. You get more Drive Gauge by attacking, and you'll get out of your weakened state faster by attacking. If your low on Drive Gauge the way you get it up faster is by either attacking, or getting a Parry.
I never said that the Drive Gauge would make things too defensive, you're confusing me with someone else.

I don't know if holding parries is that big of a deal. At least not for some of the cases mentioned here, like parrying lightning legs or Chun's super. Unless it's a perfect parry (which it won't be if you hold the button) you won't get a better reward than just holding down block and punishing. I've seen the mechanic compared to flawless defense from guilty gear.
Now for fireballs it's a different case. I do wonder if you can do some shenanigans against people trying to parry your fireballs by canceling into Drive Rush since parry has 20-something frames of recovery.

Multi-hit parries refill a fuckton of Drive Gauge. Blocking doesn't.

Yeah, I mixed you up with the other guy. Still, the Drive Gauge can be filled so quickly in this game that you're going to be building more meter that can be used on EX moves than any previous Street Fighter with EX moves. I wouldn't worry about a lack of EX moves being used in this game.

Another new build. Looks even better.

Characters now take battle damage.

Time to bring vomit back too.

Battle Damage at the moment doesn't seem as crazy as the old lose portraits.

sf2stloss_chart.jpg

sfiiing-loss-ryu.jpg

Last edited:
I bet the final game won't look nearly as good as that if it has to run on base PS4s. Either that, or people on base machines will probably be getting frame drops in half the stages so we'll get training stage spam just like every SF since 4.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone mentioned this,it seems that Capcom has added some kind of Perfect moves in this game that are a better version of special move when you hit it just right,Guile seems to have a Perfect Sonic Boom that is faster and it's easier to combo into something other.That would be another interesting gameplay change in 6

Has anyone mentioned this,it seems that Capcom has added some kind of Perfect moves in this game that are a better version of special move when you hit it just right,Guile seems to have a Perfect Sonic Boom that is faster and it's easier to combo into something other.That would be another interesting gameplay change in 6

Yeah, it and the battle damage are in the same video.

Throwback skins. Ryu has his Super Street Fighter 2 hair, (although no Street Fighter 2 Turbo stubble) and Street Fighter 3 gloves with the Street Fighter 4 writing on them.

FYTZpFgUIAAWtfT

FYTYQfTXoAABCQ6

FYTZpFfVQAI-IBO

FYTYQcsWIAE54qt

FYTZpFhUYAUuhJZ

FYTYQcaXwAMcdaT

Falksi

Arcane

Wow. Such innovation.

Looking forward to his perfect Somersault Kick in 2052. S'gunna be wild

Was wrong, it turns out he does have stubble. It's different from Turbo, but he does look kind of mean like in Turbo; which is probably the meanest Ryu ever looked.

gFr6jKr.png

street-fighter-6-ryu-classic.large.jpg

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Great now it has been confirmed that Guy won't be on SF6 either, because he gave his moves to a woman of colour.

Well this way i don't have to keep my hopes up for a Guy release on each season.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom