Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

I'm pretty sure most japanese people ignored Killer Instinct and Mortal Kombat, even. MK's point was being "edgy" but then they realized being edgy wasn't cutting it and you needed more substance. While Japanese fighting games were more focused on high skill ceilings due to the success of arcades, which lasted much, much longer than in America or the west for that matter. There's also the thing about KI being a truly impressive game that managed to have an extremely faithful console port when nobody thought it was doable (seriously, Nintendo-centric mags would go on and on about it for months, even years). So KI was more of a tech demo and a bone thrown at people when the Project Ultra 64 was being delayed time and time again.

I was very surprised to see Mortal Kombat come up in that High Score Girl anime. Mortal Kombat wasn’t completely ignored by Japan. There are some Japanese games like The Kung-Fu Master Jackie Chan that are clearly influenced by Mortal Kombat. But largely Mortal Kombat didn’t seem to have any impact on Japanese developers. It was an influence on the interactive stages in Dead or Alive. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it was an influence of the stage transitions in X-Men: Children of the Atom. But the Japanese developers never much seemed to take anything from the gameplay of Mortal Kombat or KI.

Samurai Shodown 5 did end up adding fatalities years into the series.

The most Mortal Kombat thing, gameplay wise, I can think of in a Japanese fighting game is Guardian Heroes has move inputs more like Mortal Kombat than Street Fighter.

On the edgy thing, a good deal of Japanese fighting games had blood. Even Street Fighter 2 had blood (from high attacks) and characters vomiting sometime from middle attacks. While going bigger was the whole selling point of Mortal Kombat, the ‘90s fighting game Capcom and SNK put out like up to ‘98 had ‘80s and ‘90s anime levels of blood. It would however start getting cut from American releases for some stupid reason.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wow another female nigger, just what we needed (not).
Cammy looks awesome tho, with some nice fanservice ass angles. At least we still have that

just

Liturgist
i dont mind new characters, you have to keep shit fresh

anyway gief looks cool
will probably main him until something better comes
like laura

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wow another female nigger, just what we needed (not).
Cammy looks awesome tho, with some nice fanservice ass angles. At least we still have that
They made a supposed American Indian look like a negra. I think she is related to T-Hawk.
https://www.streetfighter.com/6/en-us/character/lily.html

Anyway, another annoying pixie, high pitch voice, diverse girl in the game. California delenda est.

Cammy and Zangief look good though. Specially like Cammy redesign.

You guys let any little perceived current year diversity thing make you fucking retarded sometimes. She’s a girl version of T. Hawk...which isn’t any different from when Capcom introduced Sakura in Street Fighter Alpha 2 back in 1996, 27 years ago.

Capcom introducing a girl version of some character isn’t even kind of like some new current year thing happening because of California. Now if in the proceeding months they yank out the more sexually looking stuff like they did with Street Fighter 5 between previews and release...then you can bitch about California or whatever. But the thinking behind Lily seems like a pretty standard thing Capcom has done, and done in Street Fighter, since the 1990s. If now was 1991 some of you fuckers would probably be bitching about Capcom putting Chun-Li in Street Fighter 2.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You guys let any little perceived current year diversity thing make you fucking retarded sometimes. She’s a girl version of T. Hawk...which isn’t any different from when Capcom introduced Sakura in Street Fighter Alpha 2 back in 1996, 27 years ago.

Capcom introducing a girl version of some character isn’t even kind of like some new current year thing happening because of California. Now if in the proceeding months they yank out the more sexually looking stuff like they did with Street Fighter 5 between previews and release...then you can bitch about California or whatever. But the thinking behind Lily seems like a pretty standard thing Capcom has done, and done in Street Fighter, since the 1990s. If now was 1991 some of you fuckers would probably be bitching about Capcom putting Chun-Li in Street Fighter 2.
Funny calling people retards, when you are unable to detect patterns. Enjoy your SF6 cast.

Also Lily is an american indian like T. Hawk that looks like a black girl, but "nothing to see here".

Funny calling people retards, when you are unable to detect patterns. Enjoy your SF6 cast.

Also Lily is an american indian like T. Hawk that looks like a black girl, but "nothing to see here".

I get you seem to be suffering from some form of reverse SJW mind rot that gets you to bitch about things that aren’t there...but I already pointed out the pattern. New versions of old characters isn’t some new thing for Street Fighter. Sakura is a younger girl version of Ryu. Sean is a black Brazilian version of Ryu and Ken. Yun and Yang were younger versions of Gen. Chun-Li replaced the two male Chinese characters from Street Fighter. Street Fighter also had two male English characters, when Street Fighter 2 got an English character it was Cammy. Ibuki can be seen as a replacement for Geki. Ryu and Ken (and everyone with a similar style of gameplay) get called Shotos because in America the SF2 manual listed their fighting style as Shotokan; when Capcom added a character that actually used something like Shotokan, that character (Makoto) was a girl. Maki is female Guy. All those examples are from games Capcom made in the ‘90s. This isn’t some new thing. On a side note, when Birdie made it back into Street Fighter (in Street Fighter Alpha) he became black, and when Eagle returned (as part of his whole Freddie Mercury thing) he became gay.

I’m going to guess that just like T. Hawk, Lily isn’t American. If Lily is black, she’s so light skinned that it just looks like a dark tan. T. Hawk is Mexican. That’s why his Street Fighter 2 stage is in Mexican.

T+Hawk+Mexico.jpeg

Using my astute powers of observation, I’m going to guess this Lily stage we see in the trailer is also Mexico. I know I’m going out on a limb with that guess, but I think I’m right.

lily_ss02.jpg

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
You have these three in initial SF6 release. And you think things are fine and the same as always in the game roster.

Street-Fighter-6---Kimberly-and-Juri-Gameplay-Trailer-1-7-screenshot.png

Copy-26-1024x576.png

maxresdefault.jpg

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Well, the fact that SF games always had a diverse cast is nothing new, but it is indeed worrisome that most of them look like absolute trainwrecks. With Marisa and that negroid girl being the forerunners.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, the fact that SF games always had a diverse cast is nothing new, but it is indeed worrisome that most of them look like absolute trainwrecks. With Marisa and that negroid girl being the forerunners.
They were world diverse. You had the whole world represented, and the differences were cool, mechanically and aesthetically.

Now they all look californians: annoying trannies, mestizos and black girls.

You have these three in initial SF6 release. And you think things are fine and the same as always in the game roster.

Street-Fighter-6---Kimberly-and-Juri-Gameplay-Trailer-1-7-screenshot.png

Copy-26-1024x576.png

maxresdefault.jpg

What’s your fucking point? I just gave you a list of Capcom doing the same thing in Street Fighter games throughout the ‘90s. You’re all like: Look at this fucking current year California horse shit bullshit. Yeah, Capcom added a black girl version of Guy. How is that any different from when Capcom added Sean into Street Fighter 3: New Generation in ‘97? Because it’s a woman? It ain’t even like it’s the first time Capcom replaced Guy with a girl.

Lily is just a girl version of T. Hawk. Capcom did that in Street Fighter Alpha 2 with Sakura and Ryu. You’re 27 years late on the bitching about a young girl version of a guy character in a Street Fighter game.

All you’re saying is: Look at this thing Capcom has been doing to one degree or another for more than 30 years. You’re going to need to further elaborate on how this is any different than when Capcom did this in the past. Because so far the only thing that makes it different is it being 2023 and you projecting your own stuff on it in comparison to when they did the same thing in the ‘90s. There’s also too much of a sexual aspect to this game to be some forced SJW thing. If Capcom was trying to make ResetEra happy they wouldn’t have put Lily in those shorts.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What’s your fucking point? I just gave you a list of Capcom doing the same thing in Street Fighter games throughout the ‘90s. You’re all like: Look at this fucking current year California horse shit bullshit. Yeah, Capcom added a black girl version of Guy. How is that any different from when Capcom added Sean into Street Fighter 3: New Generation in ‘97? Because it’s a woman? It ain’t even like it’s the first time Capcom replaced Guy with a girl.

Lily is just a girl version of T. Hawk. Capcom did that in Street Fighter Alpha 2 with Sakura and Ryu. You’re 27 years late on the bitching about a young girl version of a guy character in a Street Fighter game.

All you’re saying is: Look at this thing Capcom has been doing to one degree or another for more than 30 years. You’re going to need to further elaborate on how this is any different than when Capcom did this in the past. Because so far the only thing that makes it different is it being 2023 and you projecting your own stuff on it in comparison to when they did the same thing in the ‘90s. There’s also too much of a sexual aspect to this game to be some forced SJW thing. If Capcom was trying to make ResetEra happy they wouldn’t have put Lily in those shorts.
My point is that newcomer character design is a clear downgrade from past SF games. Just look at the pictures.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

I see Capcom threw any subtlety out the window and are going all in this time

Chun Li ->Thicc thighs

Juri ->Feet

Cammy ->Ass?

My Cammy prediction wasn't off after all

Also Zangief is moving more into pro wrestling this time or is it me,I saw Ric Flair chops,People's Elbow,vertical suplex and more

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom