Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

ind33d

Educated
I just can't stand the wokeness and the nigger hip-hop culture.
World Tour is a cringeworthy joke, battle hub is full of cringy creations, making faces before the fight is pure cringe, the fake commentary is just dumb and very artificial, Luke is stupid and clearly having a stroke on the cover... The worst part is none of those "features" actually add anything to the game when you're playing someone 1v1. Also, starting roster of 18 chars is just sad.
Feels like the game is aimed at blue haired Twitch whores to be honest, it doesn't even feel like Street Fighter.
To be fair, you don't have to interact with most of the really bad stuff. You can get ranked matches from training mode and never have to set foot in the battle hub. I haven't touched World Tour. The initial roster is fine in terms of numbers (there's so much shit to learn in this game even for experienced players), although they blatantly took out 4 characters to have them as DLC, but that's expected in today's crummy corpo practice. Capcom is no saint.

I don't like the new characters but as I said earlier, all 8 classic WWs are in the game and they all look great. Almost all stages look really good (Dhalsim is my fav) and there's a good number of them.

It's a vast improvement over all aspects of SF5. I'm having fun with Ryu for now. Buttons feel satisfying, combos do a lot of damage, there's risk/reward involved and the corner is terrifying. Something I feel is particularly impressive is how the game doesn't feel overdesigned despite having the Drive bar and old mechanics reworked around it. The developers are competent and obviously put a lot of thought into them. They all feel very powerful but there's ways around them and/or significant risk.

Arthandas

Prophet
To be fair, you don't have to interact with most of the really bad stuff. You can get ranked matches from training mode and never have to set foot in the battle hub. I haven't touched World Tour. The initial roster is fine in terms of numbers (there's so much shit to learn in this game even for experienced players), although they blatantly took out 4 characters to have them as DLC, but that's expected in today's crummy corpo practice. Capcom is no saint.

I don't like the new characters but as I said earlier, all 8 classic WWs are in the game and they all look great. Almost all stages look really good (Dhalsim is my fav) and there's a good number of them.

It's a vast improvement over all aspects of SF5. I'm having fun with Ryu for now. Buttons feel satisfying, combos do a lot of damage, there's risk/reward involved and the corner is terrifying. Something I feel is particularly impressive is how the game doesn't feel overdesigned despite having the Drive bar and old mechanics reworked around it. The developers are competent and obviously put a lot of thought into them. They all feel very powerful but there's ways around them and/or significant risk.
I know there's a good game buried somewhere under all that crap, but why even bother. I have T7 and KOF 15 (with incoming crossplay and characters) for now, and there's T8 and Granblue Rising on the horizon.

Nathir

Liturgist
Bros I'm owning scrubs with JP down in the iron ranks. Fullscreen throw, fullscreen high/low and instant fullscreen projectile ftw. Still haven't gotten used to the parry/crush system, but so far it's good. Way better than Strive.

Cope motherfuckers. The game you've been hyped for is total shit. Coomer bait and ridden with DLC/micro-transactions/passes. SNK supremacy is real.

Some of you fucks are stupid as shit. DLC bad? Almost ever DLC character in KoF 15 is made up of animations created for the last game. Almost every character in KoF 15 is just KoF 14 reused animations dropped into a new model. I think some of the models might even just be slightly altered models from KoF14.

As for Tekken...Tekken is full of reused animations, it’s got stuff going back to the first game. I think they might also license animations out from like AKI; (syn Sophia) it’s not something I ever really noticed in Tekken, but then Urban Reign came out, and it sure looked like it was using animations from AKI’s games; and Urban Reign and Tekken share animations.

monilloman

Educated
what is the issue with animation being persistant throughout games, tekken is a legacy game with hundreds of key moves to learn, if anything I applaud them for keeping them instead of going for the flashy zoomer cash-grab and fucking over OG players that want to stay competing without relearning the game every 5 years.

what is the issue with animation being persistant throughout games, tekken is a legacy game with hundreds of key moves to learn, if anything I applaud them for keeping them instead of going for the flashy zoomer cash-grab and fucking over OG players that want to stay competing without relearning the game every 5 years.

It’s stupid when someone is bitching about DLC characters in this while jerking off SNK when KoF15 has DLC characters that are just slightly altered reused versions of characters from the previous game. I doubt the person bitching about DLC in this game would be cool with Capcom doing the same thing. Lets say this game launched with 40 characters. They’re still making 18 new characters like they did here, while the other 22 are just new skins with animations for SF4 and 5. And then Capcom sold DLC characters, lets say 10, but 9 of those 10 characters are just new models on top of mostly old finished animations. I’m going to guess if Capcom did something like that, Arthandas and Melcar would be bitching about that too.

The roster in this game, which is the biggest roster any Street Fighter game has had out of the gate outside of Capcom vs SNK, also can’t really be compared to something like Tekken. One game is making completely new characters from the ground up. The other is new models on top of stuff that goes back to the ‘90s. I’m not even saying that’s bad, but it is why Tekken can put so many characters in a game.

The way Capcom historically handles Street Fighter almost makes me wonder if they were reusing animations like Bandai Namco does with Tekken, if they would even change the numbering...even if that did make better looking models at some point. If they were still using Street Fighter 4 stuff it’s not too crazy to think instead of Street Fighter 6 this would just be some oddly named Street Fighter 4 even if they were adding in all new systems...Street Fighter 4: Third Edition.

Sunri

Liturgist
Dunno i played ryu and hes doing the same thing as always didnt see much difference

Arthandas

Prophet
The roster in this game, which is the biggest roster any Street Fighter game has had out of the gate outside of Capcom vs SNK, also can’t really be compared to something like Tekken. One game is making completely new characters from the ground up. The other is new models on top of stuff that goes back to the ‘90s. I’m not even saying that’s bad, but it is why Tekken can put so many characters in a game.
Except they've made everything from scratch for T8 and it will still probably launch with 30+ chars. Not to mention every Tekken char is worth like 10 SF chars in terms of movesets.
The only thing I can agree with you is KOF XV dlc, which indeed seems like just selling chars from XIV.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Except they've made everything from scratch for T8
cqq6gf7j9oza1.jpg

You aren't dumb enough to believe in Harada's lies again, right? You're literally going to pay 60 dollars for the same roster as T7 with a heat system, it's MA'AM Paul and the worst fucking supers I've seen in a modern fighting game.

Arthandas

Prophet
You aren't dumb enough to believe in Harada's lies again, right?
I'm not believing anything but I'm not gonna jump to conclusions based on wip footage of an unreleased game. If you look at other animations of the legacy moves you'll see they don't look exactly the same.
As for the picture you posted, it's the same fucking kick, why would it look any different? Just because it looks like in the previous titles doesn't mean it wasn't made from scratch.
And his neck? It's still a wip (I'm sure it'll look less detached in the finished game) and it's supposed to look like that.

Caim

Arcane
Dunno i played ryu and hes doing the same thing as always didnt see much difference
Ryu's moveset is so iconic it spawned an entire fighting game archetype, the shotoclone (named after Ryu's fighting style, shotokan karate). Changing Ryu's fighting style would be sacrilige.

Melcar

Arcane
Mario and Luigi in the first SSMBs where basically Ryu and Ken. Most every fighter since the 90s had their Ryu and Ken characters, down to the inputs.

Except they've made everything from scratch for T8 and it will still probably launch with 30+ chars. Not to mention every Tekken char is worth like 10 SF chars in terms of movesets.

They haven’t, you can already see shared animations in the footage they’ve shown.

There’s new models and stuff. And there are new attacks too, (unless Nina’s new gun attacks come from Death by Degrees or something) but they sure as shit aren’t making everything from scratch for Tekken 8.

And like I said, I’m pretty sure a lot of animations they use are from AKI’s giant pool of animations from their wrestling games. Or at least some shared pool owned by someone. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of grapple attacks come from some library of moves AKI owns. Tekken also shares attack animations with Soulcalibur.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom