Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Reviews are out and it's getting killer scores.

The genre itself, outside of Killer Instinct on Gameboy, was all the time under my radar, until I dabbled into the SF6 demo and was immediately lit up again.

Is this series worth investing in, or should I grab Mortal Kombat X for cheap right now as a warm up?
Any series that you start with is going to be enough, although the more complex the better since this will attune you to getting used to physiological mechanical actions. Every SF is different mechanical wise except when it comes to fundamental concepts that carry over in the fighting game genre, such as anti-airs, neutral, frame-traps, offense/defense, oki and much more as you get deeper into the genre. Fighting games in general are competitive and all the psychological theories and systems that many other competitive fields have, carry over. So even if you play Third Strike and practice the fundamentals, it will carry over, the only adaptation which honestly is a staple of competitiveness that you have to make is game mechanics. I would make the recommendation of playing V as that game is similar to VI.

deuxhero

Arcane
Makoto regularly ranks among the most popular SF characters and she didn't make 5 or this trash fire. Also it has tranny shit in character creation. Hope it bombs.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Don't worry citizen I am sure Capcom will change the camera angle and maybe the model when 5 people on twitter complain about the male gaze.
Well, let's see what happens at release date. Not like that I care though, since Street Fighter 5 completely ruined the series for me and I probably will never buy a SF title again.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
- Juri's biker suit doesn't have the extra layer covering boobs. Just like originally intended.
- You can almost see Cammy's Cooter.

Remember when fags ITT were complaining about censorship. Just what exactly do they need to get it up?!

Untitlehhhd-2.jpg

Untitled-ggb2.jpg

Untitled-g2.jpg

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Omg plz make resetera die god. They are going to ruin the game aren't they?

Ya know what if it was a fucking tranny with it's dick and balls hanging out they would love it and they would force their children to look at it. Fucking freaks.

ResetEra has a six page thread about Ryu’s dick from the reveal trailer for this game.

Cammy’s costume has also been drawn in that manner since '94’s Super Turbo, aka Super Street Fighter 2 X — Grand Master Challenge
2cde6041abbc6ca771fd2e2c6ad0b221.jpg

And even her original sprite in SF2 is like that
1446249853_0bad3f4788_o.gif

Reever

Scholar
Patron
what happened to all the new fighters from 4? i don't see these new characters catching on
4 had some really weak newcomers. Rufus, Abel, El Fuerte, Decapre. Even C. Viper I thought was boring as fuck but some people liked her. Gouken is just a Ryu clone which we have enough and Oni is an akuma clone (even though I really like him). It's no wonder the only one that survived is Juri. I do wish they'd bring back Hakan, though. He was fun.

just

Liturgist
there are no chars from alpha, 3, 4(except juri), 5, final fight, ...
they're going to milk those thematic season passes

Gouken is not a Ryu clone. The most similar thing about them is they both have Hadokens; although Gouken’s Hadoken can be fired diagonally into the air as an anti-air attack. Outside of that they have completely different Specials, with the only way Gouken can do a move like the “Hurricane Kick” is to do one of his Special move in the air.

I’m a little surprised they haven’t brought C. Viper back given they put her in Marvel vs Capcom 3, and she was the breakout character of that game along with Juri. Although Juri ended up being the bigger one. But also because she’s kind of Captain Commando put in a Street Fighter game.

We do know there will be two Street Fighter 5 characters added in.

Street-Fighter-6-Leaked-Roster.png

I also really wouldn’t be surprised if Final Fight characters get added alongside the Final Fight Remake coming out.

just

Liturgist

We do know there will be two Street Fighter 5 characters added in.

Street-Fighter-6-Leaked-Roster.png

I also really wouldn’t be surprised if Final Fight characters get added alongside the Final Fight Remake coming out.
those 4 were supposed to be in the base game anyway

The point was that we already know there’s going to be characters from Street Fighter 5 in this game as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom