Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Showcase:

Only important bit - the last 4 characters will be released AFTER game release. Some in 2024. Welp, that sucks.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Tried the demo on Steam, and my god is the performance in this game abysmal.

Ingame intro cutscenes literally running half the speed, while super arts give me micro lags and 50% slowdowns all the time.

Sunri

Liturgist
It works for me but sometimes it slow-downs for some reason but most of the time it's smooth my specs

EovukMw.png

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Works fine on my machine as well. Chugs a little bit in world tour on some fights for whatever reason (might have to mess with some settings) but 1v1 is steady 60. Don't forget to turn off fps cap in world tour battles which for some reason is on by default at 30 fps.

biggs

Novice
Played a handful of versus matches with the demo and it definitely feels better than SFV.

Axing that move priority crush counter and V-trigger bullshit automatically makes it better.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah it's a good thing they built her like a T-Rex looked like she shouldn't be able to stand up straight., shame they didn't go and add some of that mass to her flat ass.

This Street Fighter has the strongest throws a Street Fighter game has had since 2. You can fuck people up and get fucked by the throws in this one.

Seeing videos online of Level 8 CPU make me feel a little better about getting my ass kicked by the Level 8 CPU. I can beat it now, but not consistently. Playing it tonight it took 30 minutes (counting the time when it kicks you back out to the menu screen after three matches) before I got a win on the Level 8 and an hour (and 20 minutes) before I was coming out on top of the three match limit.

I guess on the plus side of having the Level 8 fuck you up is you see different possible combos you can do, and some of the stuff that’s possible.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Reviews are out and it's getting killer scores.

The genre itself, outside of Killer Instinct on Gameboy, was all the time under my radar, until I dabbled into the SF6 demo and was immediately lit up again.

Is this series worth investing in, or should I grab Mortal Kombat X for cheap right now as a warm up?

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Is this series worth investing in, or should I grab Mortal Kombat X for cheap right now as a warm up?
MKX is a different kind of beast. Especially if you're planning to play online. Very fast-paced, 50/50 heavy, very little neutral. Still, if you want to just get a bit of practice I guess it will work.
Third Strike is always an option, very popular (and free) on fightcade. As for the other SFs I'm not sure how many people are still playing it. V might still have a playerbase, especially at low ranks but I'm not sure for how long. Dodgy netcode too.
USF4 has shit netcode but if you have friends you can still play it through parsec. I find it a bit more fun than V.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom