Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think this is the first game that actually makes Ryu look Asian instead of like a white guy with a weird name who's (apparently) from Japan.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Brudda she's mad basic in SF6's graphics
What made you think so? Is it the fact that she's not wearing stockings and instead has standard Chinese garb?
This is like an entire new art direction for the series with a brand new engine that was never used for Street Fighter before, I think it's unfair to compare 6 to previous games.
Plus, she still has the size, if you want to talk "core values".
IMG_20220607_134725.jpg

She´s fat.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
I have zero clue what Gootecks or Valle have been doing the last 8 years, but I'm positive Gootecks is involved in something crypto and Valle is grooming teens to come to his pad for "fight night".
gootecks is a cool dude and isn't keen on //currenthing//, so obviously he quit the cesspool that is the "FGC". Valle still has LevelUp and does some events here and there, but from what I understand is pretty much a full-time dad nearing 45 years old. I respect him for his history.

I think the whole January 6th nonsense broke him but he still does some videos. He is mostly doing very soft ones about the new KoF.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If people accept a cellulitic Chun-Li, next time will be much worse. Californian capcom pedos are taking too much influence in the franchise.

Vincente

Arbiter
I have zero clue what Gootecks or Valle have been doing the last 8 years, but I'm positive Gootecks is involved in something crypto and Valle is grooming teens to come to his pad for "fight night".
gootecks is a cool dude and isn't keen on //currenthing//, so obviously he quit the cesspool that is the "FGC". Valle still has LevelUp and does some events here and there, but from what I understand is pretty much a full-time dad nearing 45 years old. I respect him for his history.

I think the whole January 6th nonsense broke him but he still does some videos. He is mostly doing very soft ones about the new KoF.
Yeah IIRC Gootecks is knee-deep in Q-Ánon stuff now. Mike Ross is, if im not mistaken, doing bartending and plays anime fighters every now and then.

Irata

Scholar
also ken looks like he snapped
Ken looks more like a grunge rock fan than a bum to me. I mean, that's a nice coat for a hobo.
Dogtags aren't oval. Who would wear their kid's dogtags anyway? Is the kid dead? If he is on skidrow that could explain it.

Compared to some of their other ridiculously proportioned characters a 215cm woman made completely out of muscle is sort of tame.

Some minor things I'd like to see changed in the series:
Standardize the SF2 boss names across all regions. Dictator - Balrog. Boxer - Bison (drop the M). Claw - Vega. Boxer doesn't even look like Tyson and everything associated with him has a buffalo theme.

Have the characters voice their lines in their native language. It can't be too hard to hire someone to say a few lines in Mandarin for Chun Li or Russian for Gief for example. I imagine they already get regional voices for the English speaking cast.

Last thing:
Crossplay?

Yeah, he's wearing a coat that low end is probably like $1500. And his necklace is definitely not dog tags. I could see how someone might think they are when you're just looking at tiny versions of those leaked drawing, but it's clearly just a necklace in the leaked video. The leaked info that got posted on Reddit was clearly just someone looking at the leaked drawing and spinning a story out of it...a story that didn't even match up with the leaked gameplay videos that come at about the same time.

I didn't notice it the first time I was watching it, but in that leaked Cammy gameplay where she's doing her Super Art it's draining the other Cammy's Drive Gauge.

Last edited:
Wonder if some of this leaked stuff was from stuff they'll show during their stream? Would be interesting if it is because that'd mean there'd be following up the most recent trailer with another look at new characters. Then again this game could just be like eight or nine months away.

The Capcom stream is on the 13th, got a few more days until that's happening.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Have the characters voice their lines in their native language.

It sounds cool until you realize it's two ESLs shit talking one another in their native languages and nobody understands the other.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
If it's only for move names it's fine but if there's dialogue and two characters are speaking in their own language but still understanding each other I find absolutely laughable. Tekken does that and I couldn't take it's story mode serious when you have a Japanese CEO and an Italian exorcist having a perfect dialogue while speaking their own language. It works for joke characters like Kuma and King but when the story tries to take itself somewhat serious it falls aparat.

That "Strikers" written on the jet reminds me a lot of the Strider font for the first Strider game. Like the Strider font mixed with the tail you'll see in like Baseball fonts.

52129713863_decdaf917e_h.jpg

52129711923_5a79699d1b_h.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Now that the gravity of the roster leak has set in it's really fucking lame there's no Final Fight characters on the roster considering it's in Metro City. Cody (criminal version though), Guy, Haggar, Poison, Hugo, Rolento, Sodom, fuck Abigail he doesn't count, hidden waifu Roxy, Lucia, etc.

Like lemme play that big burly corrupt nigga cop Edi E.

eddye-gif.gif

just

Liturgist
Now that the gravity of the roster leak has set in it's really fucking lame there's no Final Fight characters on the roster considering it's in Metro City. Cody (criminal version though), Guy, Haggar, Poison, Hugo, Rolento, Sodom, fuck Abigail he doesn't count, hidden waifu Roxy, Lucia, etc.

Like lemme play that big burly corrupt nigga cop Edi E.

eddye-gif.gif
he forgot mexican ninja carlos
maybe they're planning to have thematic character dlcs. final fight, sf3, rival schools ...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom