Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
What makes you think they’re lying?
Because what they are saying doesn't match with what they are doing?

On their website they refered to modern controls as the standard when it clearly isn't since you lose access to a lot of options. They are supposed to be training wheels for newcomers that just want either to finish the single player campaign or are afraid of having a hard time doing specials online.

The wording is to reassure these newcomers that they dont have to grind and master the scary inputs, and can have it all by punching one button. Oh yes we also kept the old classic controls but don't you worry your little head about that. They are just a vestigial remain of a bygone era, and just make the game more difficult for those that want it.

Only if capcom was completely retarded would they have ever considered going for only the modern control. The outrage would be defeaning and Street Fighter would be seen as casting away its legacy to become even more dumbed down than SFV.

I remember old streamers reausring veterans that the modern controls wouldn't have an advantage over classic now imagine if they weren't even there.

Capcom can be greedy but it isn't retarded and knows its market.

Last edited:
Here’s what’s interesting about this character. It kind of seems like this may have been what they originally had in mind for how FANG would’ve played. Like AKI has these attacks where she’s using daggers on chains, and FANG doesn’t have anything like that in SF5, but his concept art does.

45dbdca5cc3bf521248a5eb39af09ccf843a53b9r1-1316-1053v2_uhq.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

After a naked Chun Li scandalised a fighting game tournament, Capcom sounds the alarm about PC game modding: 'There are a number of mods that are offensive to public order and morals'​

By Joshua Wolens
published about 22 hours ago
But Capcom, that's the best thing about them.

Bad news for everyone who ever turned Mr X into Thomas the Tank Engine: Capcom's got its eye on you. In a recent video on the studio's Capcom R&D YouTube channel focused on "Anti-cheat and anti-piracy measures in PC games," the Resident Evil and Street Fighter studio warned its own and other devs of the potential "Reputation damage caused by malicious mods" and said that—for the purposes of its engine's anti-cheat tech—"all mods are defined as cheats, except when they are officially supported."
The company never directly says anything about that nude Chun Li mod that scandalised young and old at the Corner2Corner Street Fighter 6 tournament a few months ago, but, well, you've gotta think that's lurking somewhere in the mind of the people that put this presentation together.

In a section titled "Another problem: Mods," Capcom's presenter remarks that mods are "another inseparable part of PC gaming," but that "for the purposes of anti-cheat and anti-piracy, all mods are defined as cheats" because unsupported mods are "impossible to distinguish from cheat tools, implementation-wise."
Up to this point, I have to admit I can see things from Capcom's point of view. I imagine it is difficult—if not impossible—to separate harmless mods and actual cheats in multiplayer games like SF6 without having a human being check each one on a case-by-case basis. It's clumsily worded, but the company seems to be saying mods aren't different from cheats on a technical level, rather than a moral one.
But then we get to the next slide, which is where the stuff about reputational damage comes in. "The majority of mods can have a positive impact on the game," says the presenter, but warns that "some mods, however, can be detrimental to the company both in terms of reputational damage and in terms of workload."
"There are a number of mods that are offensive to public order and morals. When these are disseminated," like at a major online fighting game tournament, for instance, "the image of the product is tarnished and branding is affected." You hear that, everyone who put Leon S. Kennedy in a thong? Didn't think about the potential tarnishing effects on Capcom's branding, did you? Worst of all, some mods "can be mistaken for legitimate implementations and can cause bad publicity."
The presentation then goes on to warn devs about the potential for players using mods to accidentally break their own games. At that point, they'll get in touch with customer support to complain and seek a solution, prompting an investigation that will inevitably conclude it can't help users with problems caused by modding. That's a waste of time and resources that "are supposed to be used for creating high quality games," says Capcom.
It seems like a stretch to me. A concern that might have sounded more reasonable, just about, in the days of Hot Coffee and the Fox News "Sexbox" segment, but that sounds like it comes from another universe today.
I'm not sure there's anyone out there who genuinely thinks Capcom is putting naked Street Fighter characters in its games or equipping Resident Evil protagonists with the Victoria's Secret catalogue (although it would if it had any damn courage, I tell you), and the failure to distinguish between mods in multiplayer vs single-player games in the presentation smacks of a business that still hasn't properly come to grips with the modding landscape or PC gaming in general.
It's very strange to hear a massively successful games company speak forebodingly about the dangers of modding to a company's reputation in a world where Bethesda exists, but here we are. As Capcom moves forward with development on its REX Engine, I wonder if we should take this as a sign that the company is going to try to make modding harder.

https://www.pcgamer.com/after-a-nak...hat-are-offensive-to-public-order-and-morals/

Sarathiour

Cipher
Female model are in fighting game only because adding coomer bait massively help advertisement. What's this bullshit about "tarnishing your product" when said product is about skimpily dressed ladies having a catfight.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Man, Capcom really didn't take that one online tournament where the host forgot to turn off his Chun-Li nude mod well at all.

Arthandas

Prophet
SF6 is a good game
I thought so too, until I realized how much of the gameplay is dominated by drive rush and impact. I played it for around 3-4 weeks since release and haven't touched it since. Now that T8 is here and GBVSR is a better 2D game I find SF6 obsolete.

SF6 is a good game
I thought so too, until I realized how much of the gameplay is dominated by drive rush and impact. I played it for around 3-4 weeks since release and haven't touched it since. Now that T8 is here and GBVSR is a better 2D game I find SF6 obsolete.
From a systems perspective it's a good game, but it needs balancing - the option for one balance patch a year is misguided. Constant drive rush neutral skip is annoying, but easily fixable.

I also like GBVSR, but it's not a better game. There's a lot of much worse bullshit there.

Arthandas

Prophet
From a systems perspective it's a good game, but it needs balancing
Meh, it may have a good core but balance wise it's a kusoge.
* Drive Rush should cost more than 1 bar and you shouldn't be able to use it 3 times in a single combo.
* The threat of a Drive Impact invalidates all noncancelable pokes.
* Tying EX moves to a regenerating meter is inherently stupid and makes the super meter have only one and single use.

I don't see GBVSR having worse bullshit. Even 66L is only half as good as a drive rush.

66L isn't the biggest of GBVSR's problems, in fact I don't even consider it a problem. Copping 40% of your lifebar off a single canned anti-air with no meter is very annoying, though.

There's basically no jumping vs competent opponents. If you jump against someone who's half good with meter, kiss 60% of your hp goodbye.

The alpha counter is also very OP, although at least it's stock limited. Like any other anime game, it's got very oppressive offense. I don't like the fact that there's almost no penalty for using easy inputs, but that's an inevitable movement of the industry as a whole. I also don't like that single button autocombos exist and are actually viable - I much prefer when these crutches are simply that, crutches for complete beginners, and not cancellable or otherwise usable in real matches. But maybe I'm just old.

However, all things considered, I much prefer playing GBVSR than SF6, because it's got better characters, better stages, and better music.

Arthandas

Prophet
True, also block button invalidating crossups and cooldown on special attacks, both 200 IQ big brain design choices...
However, all things considered, I much prefer playing GBVSR than SF6, because it's got better characters, better stages, and better music.
And it doesn't treat you like a fucking idiot with 23.99$ cosmetics and premium currencies.

just

Liturgist
i hope they fuck with his gameplay to the point nobody will ever pick him up fucking cancer for the last 30 years in every fucking game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom