Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Street Fighter 6

Sunri

Liturgist
Post image

much better

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Just got this game along with Colony Ship over the weekend.

Been playing World Tour so far as it has been over the decade since I last played a Street Fighter game.

Since Luke plays kinda similar to Ryu, it hasn't been too hard to get up to speed with his special moves.

When trying to execute Chun-Li's special moves using Classic mode, I've only been successful a fraction of the time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, as I used to play this character quite a bit during the times of the dinosaurs.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Just got this game along with Colony Ship over the weekend.

Been playing World Tour so far as it has been over the decade since I last played a Street Fighter game.

Since Luke plays kinda similar to Ryu, it hasn't been too hard to get up to speed with his special moves.

When trying to execute Chun-Li's special moves using Classic mode, I've only been successful a fraction of the time. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, as I used to play this character quite a bit during the times of the dinosaurs.
World Tour may run at 30fps, so the timings are meh. Charge times for the moves are twice as long too.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
I got placed on the diamond rank when I tried Juri lol, her drive dash is so broken. Right now I'm on Platinum (two stars) with Ryu and Cammy, those are the characters I use.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
At this point i would be in master if i learned how to do combos

HfX2llm.png
Gold is the kiddie's pool in this game. Platinum and above is where most old players are being settled.

Last edited:
She would work fine as a man, her design probably started as a man. But committee took over and we got the abomination. I hate all the new characters with a burning passion, except maybe for Jamie.

She was probably always a take on Go Nagai‘s Iron Virgin Jun. I doubt there was a time when she was a man.

2.jpg

But looking at some of the art for her, some of the art in the game of her, she was probably built differently than the final version at first. The drawing in the game of her in her wedding dress, she looks like she’s built like She-Hulk is in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
She would work fine as a man, her design probably started as a man. But committee took over and we got the abomination. I hate all the new characters with a burning passion, except maybe for Jamie.

She was probably always a take on Go Nagai‘s Iron Virgin Jun. I doubt there was a time when she was a man.

Considering that Capcom made sure to satisfy various ... er tastes with the female characters the inspiration for this one is pretty clear

Sunri

Liturgist

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I'm glad they fixed the Drive Rush bug but I also hope they fix the input buffer in this game. Probably my biggest pet peeve right now with the game.
Also interested to see if some high level player is going to bring a pocket rashid for EVO since it's only a week and a half away.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'm glad they fixed the Drive Rush bug but I also hope they fix the input buffer in this game. Probably my biggest pet peeve right now with the game.
Also interested to see if some high level player is going to bring a pocket rashid for EVO since it's only a week and a half away.
One of the Birds, and maybe Oil King. We'll see.

The patch to Rashid's bug is being applied server-side sometime tonight too.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is this game worth it if you just want to play the story mode? (Yes, I am serious :-D )

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
I'm enjoying Rashid so far. Never cared much for him in SFV, but I also never cared much for SFV period. So far it seems like he's got a lot of sauce and creative tools that I felt was sorely lacking with many of the cast. I'm on Jamie normally but his simple, yet effective oki gets pretty dull after a while.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
Is this game worth it if you just want to play the story mode? (Yes, I am serious :-D )
I liked it but I'm not sure if I would pay full price just for the story mode. It's a nice Yakuza clone I guess.
I think my only problem with the story mode is the abysmal ending and the fact that none of the important characters ever do anything in the main story. They just stand around waiting for your MC to talk to them. At least have Ken be involved in the last chapter of the story since JP and his tournament is the whole reason why he's a hobo.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I liked it but I'm not sure if I would pay full price just for the story mode. It's a nice Yakuza clone I guess.
I think my only problem with the story mode is the abysmal ending and the fact that none of the important characters ever do anything in the main story. They just stand around waiting for your MC to talk to them. At least have Ken be involved in the last chapter of the story since JP and his tournament is the whole reason why he's a hobo.
Thanks, I'll get it for $20-25.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom