Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Sword Coast Legends - RIP n-Space!

Black

Arcane
Fuck off with rps.

ozymandiusz

Novice
aa0.png

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Ugh, what's with going to a special dialogue perspective? Just makes it slow.

Grr.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Have you noticed how every reviewer now says same shit: With so little time to play I prefer such casual crap. It's like they've not heard of the concept of stopping playing today and then playing again tomorrow, do the dumbfucks not have any conception of the nature of time or something?

Then next week they'll talk about wandering around fucking Skyrim for a few hundred hours!

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
How the hell do you manage to take a magical world like Faerun and make it totally bland and generic.... ;/

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Faerun, and the Sword Coast region in particular, has always been bland and generic. That's probably why it's so popular, bland and generic is what most fantasytards want.

Shin

Cipher
Faerun, and the Sword Coast region in particular, has always been bland and generic. That's probably why it's so popular, bland and generic is what most fantasytards want.

Probably has to do with the age of their target demographic. Most 13 year old kids are not burned out yet on fantasy settings we find incredibly bland and generic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've noticed that ever since PoE, people have started to go "well, the combat looks like it might be decent" on pretty much every other RTwP RPG. Pillars of Eternity - unintentional rehabilitator of real time with pause on the RPG Codex!

(Of course this backfired very badly when some people suggested that Dragon Age: Inquisition looked like it would have better combat than Pillars :P)

And here we go again. Eternity Pillars remains the rtwp champ (hardly anyone played Stagland Serpents).

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
That's to obvious to be anything but trolling. :smug:

I don’t understand why everyone always says that Bubbles is trolling. He is being ironic, not trolling. A troll is someone who say something just to cause disruption. An ironic is someone who says something that is obviously something he doesn’t believe to imply the opposite in a humoristic manner.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"There’s a slightly perfunctory air to it all told, in both combat/movement mechanics and presentation, but it’s perhaps hard to ascertain how much of that is down to Sword Coast Legends itself and how much to the rather vanilla fantasy of the Forgotten Realms setting. The same, for instance, was true of the first Neverwinter Nights’ campaign. It was the later add-ons and the player-made stuff which made it sing."

FUCK OFF.

"Faerun, and the Sword Coast region in particular, has always been bland and generic. That's probably why it's so popular, bland and generic is what most fantasytards want."

BULLSHITZ,

Mustawd

Because I know the ravening Codex hordes just can't get enough!

This episode: Spiders, mercenaries and necromancers, oh my! Ok, just one necromancer but he does threaten us with "soul-devourment." Plus there's an enraged halfling running around with a two-handed sword.

thanks for the LP.

People's reactions to your "it's ok for what it is" comment on SCL confirms massive D&D butthurt over this thing. If you divorce yourself from the D&D aspect then this is no less tactical than other ARPGs. Torchlight, for example, was less tactical than this game and I enjoyed it.

I do admit that if this had been a franchise with Muh Nostalgia, say Robotech, and it was screwed over like D&D was, I'd be plenty butthurt myself. But really, I will agree overall that NWN owns this damn game any day of the week. It's hard to understand how they couldn't even replicate a fossil like NWN. Hell, they made a less complex version of it....why the fuck would that even happen in 2015?

Mustawd

"There’s a slightly perfunctory air to it all told, in both combat/movement mechanics and presentation, but it’s perhaps hard to ascertain how much of that is down to Sword Coast Legends itself and how much to the rather vanilla fantasy of the Forgotten Realms setting. The same, for instance, was true of the first Neverwinter Nights’ campaign. It was the later add-ons and the player-made stuff which made it sing."

FUCK OFF.

"Faerun, and the Sword Coast region in particular, has always been bland and generic. That's probably why it's so popular, bland and generic is what most fantasytards want."

BULLSHITZ,

Is it weird that almost no one gets triggered by your posts anymore? Not even joking. I've seen some massive triggering by your posts back in the day. Kind of impressive the butthurt you caused.

Too many newfags like myself I suppose.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Any opinions on this game?

Not far enough in it to have much of an opinion.

On Hard, the first couple of encounters went down like tissue paper. Then I went into the nearby woods/caves and got my balls rocked by Dire Wolves and Giant Spiders, so I'm rerolling and paying more attention to the abilities I choose.

It feels like the beginning of Dragon Age: Origins. Whether or not it can sustain that remains to be seen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom