Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware System Shock 3 by OtherSide Entertainment - taken over by Tencent!

ADL

Prophet
New Lead Designer in Otherside Austin, Mike Maza: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsamontemaza/

He worked as lead designer/director at Novalogic, Treyarch, Vigll Games, and Gunfire Games, on games like Tachyon: The Fringe, Delta Force: Land Warrior, console version of Call of Duty 2, Darksiders series, and most recently Remnant: From the Ashes.
This is exactly who I want working on a System Shock 3. He might not have the immersive sim experience I want but Delta Force had a lot of emergent gameplay moments and pretty good AI. Remnant: From the Ashes demonstrates that he can handle a game with lots of itemization and modern game development and isn't just some washed up boomer that hasn't been a part of the industry in twenty years.

Higher Game

Arcane
New Lead Designer in Otherside Austin, Mike Maza: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsamontemaza/

He worked as lead designer/director at Novalogic, Treyarch, Vigll Games, and Gunfire Games, on games like Tachyon: The Fringe, Delta Force: Land Warrior, console version of Call of Duty 2, Darksiders series, and most recently Remnant: From the Ashes.
This is exactly who I want working on a System Shock 3. He might not have the immersive sim experience I want but Delta Force had a lot of emergent gameplay moments and pretty good AI. Remnant: From the Ashes demonstrates that he can handle a game with lots of itemization and modern game development and isn't just some washed up boomer that hasn't been a part of the industry in twenty years.

Tachyon was awesome. Land Warrior barely made it as it came out just before Operation Flashpoint which completely surpassed it.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Operation Flash point... fuck. I have a vague memory of fishing a melted knock off Riva TNT out of my old rig because of this game (and a good game at that).

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

From his Linkedin:

Hey y'all, Otherside Entertainment is looking for a few talented developers to join the team and help create the next "big thing" in immersive sims. If you are an experienced Programmer, Technical Designer or Technical Artist please drop me a line. The position is full-time, remote so if you enjoy working from home alongside a highly collaborative and experienced crew then this might be the right opportunity for you!

It looks like Otherside as a whole, not just Warren's team, adopted remote work structure.

Harthwain

Magister
Operation Flash point... fuck. I have a vague memory of fishing a melted knock off Riva TNT out of my old rig because of this game (and a good game at that).
Which Operation Flashpoint? Operation Flashpoint from Bohemia Interactive was a blast to play. I heard it went south when Codemasters took over the series.

kangaxx

Arbiter
Which Operation Flashpoint? Operation Flashpoint from Bohemia Interactive was a blast to play. I heard it went south when Codemasters took over the series.

I'm referring to the old one by the Czech developer. I didn't actually know the series went on after that.

Katana1000S

Angrier OtherSide Refugee
I have every thing for ARMA 3, its engine has always favoured just 1 CPU core though and I'm on a 16 core 32 thread CPU now, hopefully ARMA 4 will address this.

Good news on a rumoured remake of the original OFP, hadn't heard that.

I have every thing for ARMA 3, its engine has always favoured just 1 CPU core though and I'm on a 16 core 32 thread CPU now, hopefully ARMA 4 will address this.

Good news on a rumoured remake of the original OFP, hadn't heard that.
Essentially there were rumors of something called "Arma Reforger". Which is a small game being made to demonstrate the new engine they're using for ARMA 4. There were many rumors it was a remake of OFP and then they released a video recently. Lo and behold, every single thing in the video is a high res remake of OFP assets.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Otherside Entertainment is looking for a few talented developers to join the team and help create the next "big thing" in immersive sims.

Given their track record on just making an official Ultima Underworld sequel in all but Ultima name, this means OSE will first develop a mobile title for a dead-end VR system, deliver some social media score-posting dungeon runner Razorfist will simp for, and then they'll sell the rights to System Shock 4 to EA.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Otherside now has General Manager. Jeff Goodsill, a guy with almost 30 years of manager/executive career (Ensemble, Iron Lore, etc.) https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-goodsill/

I’m happy to share that I’m starting a new position as General Manager at OtherSide Entertainment! More news from OtherSide out shortly.

Well while announcing this with a press release they released a concept art for Warren's new game (based on a new IP): https://www.gamedeveloper.com/press...stry-veteran-jeff-goodsill-as-general-manager

XS2Ewxw.jpg

OtherSide Entertainment Confirms New Warren Spector Game in Development

The pioneer behind System Shock and Deus Ex is working on an immersive sim under a new IP

Concord, Mass. - March 2, 2022 - OtherSide Entertainment, the video game studio founded by industry visionaries Paul Neurath and Warren Spector, confirmed that a new Warren Spector game is in development. The pioneer behind seminal titles like System Shock and Deus Ex, Spector is now working on an immersive simulation based on a completely new intellectual property developed by OtherSide.

“It feels great to be working with a talented team on a new title and new IP,” said Spector, the Chief Creative Officer of OtherSide Entertainment. “Fans of my work already know what to expect: an immersive world and engaging narrative that players will directly impact through their choices and playstyles. We are still in early development and are looking forward to sharing more information soon!”

Based in Concord, Mass., with staff in Austin, Texas and throughout the United States, OtherSide builds immersive experiences in which the player has the power to affect the world and narrative through gameplay choices. The studio is hiring for a variety of roles across the United States: https://otherside-e.com/wp/jobs/.

BlackGoat

Arbiter

kangaxx

Arbiter
Otherside now has General Manager. Jeff Goodsill, a guy with almost 30 years of manager/executive career (Ensemble, Iron Lore, etc.) https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-goodsill/

I’m happy to share that I’m starting a new position as General Manager at OtherSide Entertainment! More news from OtherSide out shortly.

Well while announcing this with a press release they released a concept art for Warren's new game (based on a new IP): https://www.gamedeveloper.com/press...stry-veteran-jeff-goodsill-as-general-manager

XS2Ewxw.jpg

Bets on the name. BioWhale? WhaleShock?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom