Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tactics Ogre: Reborn - remaster based on 2010 release

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is it still Bows and daggers, or did thy fix weapons?

Jinn

Arcane
If you think that is fine you must have really low standards

If you can't understand the intention here then you are either severely autistic or severely English as a Second Language. Both are fine, but you have to be somewhat understanding in either case.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
If you think that is fine you must have really low standards

If you can't understand the intention here then you are either severely autistic or severely English as a Second Language. Both are fine, but you have to be somewhat understanding in either case.

It is so bad I legit thought that last pic was machine translation.

Hopefully it's only a handful of characters that speak retarded like that.

There's one retarded character that keeps finishing his sentences with "neh" or "meh". I disabled the VO but I assume that must sound as retarded as it is written.

If they tried to convey them as scots or something of the sort they've failed miserably.

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Which route was it that lets you recruit Vyse? I remember he was either the best or the 2nd best front line fighter.
Law path.

My main issue with this game is the sprite work was and remains ugly. The skill system they added in the PSP version is fine, this version gets rid of the class-wide levels and replaces it with an army wide level cap. That's a lateral move really, though balance fags will probably jizz all over it.

I can't tell if the HP/Damage scale is the same or not, I've beaten every version of this game so far and they never feel any different.

OB64 4life <3

notpl

Arbiter
Writing is fine

If you think that is fine you must have really low standards.
Is english your first language? The screenshots you posted are completely intelligible, ordinary character voices that anyone familiar with video games should be able to grok immediately.

Mind you, I agree with the general point that character voices are cringe, but they are by no means unheard of in RPG localizations and these examples are not especially egregious. You see far, FAR worse in the Dragon Quest series, for example.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I usually dislike VOs in JRPGs but when I heard that amateurish british accent I almost puked. It is so bad.

And the worse is that I know the voice actors are all ugly because they're british so the picture that comes to my mind when listening to that is even worse than what I hear.

hackncrazy

Savant
50 fucking dollars. Are people Square Enix completely lunatic at this fucking point? I'd happily pay 20 at most for a 1995 game with some QoL. This is just outrageous.

Jinn

Arcane
Any version of this game is worth playing. And with how replayable it is, it's actually great we have so many options.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
I've played a little longer and it seems the shit writing is limited to the prologue fight.

I'm glad because the game seems good but I don't think I'd be able to suffer through that bizarre retarded yoda writing every single fight.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I don't see the point of remaking this game a second time. All that they're doing again is completely watering down the difficulty in every way, only with slightly different gameplay systems. It's essentially a cash grab, that they have the audacity to charge full price for. Adding sounds effects of "OUCH!", slightly different arrangements of the PSP OST, and graphics that are not really any different than the ones from the remake do not compensate for it.

The original game is the only once that is any interesting because it's so easy to lose a unit, so you have to plan carefully with everything you do or else the unit is probably gone forever. It's so difficult to survive certain missions that you have to be very creative to go so. I admit I was surprised that they got rid of the pooled inventory, which made things way too easy, but then they ruin it with random power-ups that appear on the battlefield.

Not with these remakes that copied the "3 turns before you die" system from FFT, and then still make the character not die afterwards and go back to the party, unless he "dies-dies" 3 times. It's like are you fucking kidding me?

In the original game it's actually terrifying to try to survive the infamous battle at the end of chapter 1, or the very final boss in which you are likely to be completely overwhelmed and survive the fight with most of your characters killed, if you even manage that.

Truly all that would be needed is a fix for some of the exploits of the original and a slightly improved translation and that's it.

What's the point of retelling the exact same story over and over again?

If you actually think this remake is better, you're gay.

So would someone that bought this be able to get help with your gay conversion therapy?

DakaSha

Arcane
Definitely happy with the purchase. Looking forward to mods (but enjoy playing through the base game for the first time for now)

Repressed Homosexual
You quickly start playing missions where there soon are 15-20 temporary power ups that accumulate on the map. Obviously, enemies ignore almost all of them.

What were they thinking with this? This is nuts.

Jinn

Arcane
I figured this would do well - particularly on PC - but I didn't think it'd be doing this well. Holy man, ~10,000 concurrent players on Steam right now. That blows pretty much all of their recent releases out of the water. People who thought I was being too optimistic about this game possibly giving Matsuno a chance at directing a larger game may want to take a look at these numbers and think again.

Ent

Savant
I'm pretty sure Matsuno is also working on that Final Fantasy Tactics Remaster mentioned on the leak. Here's hoping he can actually make new game.

somerandomdude

Learned
I found a pretty major bug, union level is 17, and Xapan just joined me at level 50, lol.

majorbug.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I figured this would do well - particularly on PC - but I didn't think it'd be doing this well. Holy man, ~10,000 concurrent players on Steam right now. That blows pretty much all of their recent releases out of the water. People who thought I was being too optimistic about this game possibly giving Matsuno a chance at directing a larger game may want to take a look at these numbers and think again.

I haven't played one of these animu tactics games before, but I must admit I'm considering shelling out the full price for this. From the YT vids I've seen it looks exactly like my cup of tea.

I've tried getting into the genre before but the PC ports or emulators have put me off of the ones I've tried (among these FTT on the suggestion of felipepepe). This looks likes it was actually done pretty decently.

Dhaze

Cipher

I haven't played one of these animu tactics games before, but I must admit I'm considering shelling out the full price for this. From the YT vids I've seen it looks exactly like my cup of tea.

I've tried getting into the genre before but the PC ports or emulators have put me off of the ones I've tried (among these FTT on the suggestion of felipepepe). This looks likes it was actually done pretty decently.

I have zero idea as to the quality of this particular release, but I've spent what is a frankly shameful amount of time playing Let Us Cling Together on PS1 then on PSP, and it is without a doubt one of the greatest classics of the genre. I always highly recommend this one to any who think it might be something they could enjoy.

Arthandas

Prophet
You should try Fell Seal or Fae Tactics on Steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom