Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tekken 8

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
lmao what did they do to him?

Just Locus

Educated
plus it seems the game isn't has juggle heavy anymore
That isn't the case at all. The game is still juggle-heavy as it was in the previous games minus 4. You're very much encouraged to do launchers the same and even the combo challenges present in the game's practice mode mostly include moves that juggle the opponent nicely.

ind33d

Educated
whoever decided to put projectiles in tekken needs to be waterboarded

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
3 months after release and already 30% off
sm.png

Oh, what's this

t8.jpg

d1r

Patron
Absolutely deserved. What a fucking disgrace to the Tekken series.

Spike

Educated
What exactly did they change to spark all this uproar? Haven't gone in for a while
Steam reviews are mostly complaining about paid new battle pass and lots of microtransactions
It's also Tekken fans being whiney bitch niggas. They changed things up a lot because everyone said the latter part of 7's life cycle was boring, so they tried doing things to make more decisions and more kinds of decisions necessary. Battle pass/microtransactions suck yeah but there's more to the story than just the usual. I do not even own Tekken 8 I just like watching tourneys.

I am waiting patiently for Virtua Fighter 6 and am mega hype about that. Hope it retains the purity of 5.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
They managed to throw a way a lot of the good will they got at release.
There were some things that gamers were more accepting, a few years ago of stuff that don't fly the same way now. And the timing wasn't that great either.

Still it can still be salvageable, if they put their minds to it.

Shurakan

Novice
Would you guys say it's still worth getting? Of all the recent fighters I was thinking this one had the most potential but battle passes and mtx in a full priced game just smells like ass to me. In truth, I'm more of a Soulcalibur and DeadorAlive kinda guy but both those titles are dead. So I'm on the fence.

Retardo

Learned
Would you guys say it's still worth getting? Of all the recent fighters I was thinking this one had the most potential but battle passes and mtx in a full priced game just smells like ass to me. In truth, I'm more of a Soulcalibur and DeadorAlive kinda guy but both those titles are dead. So I'm on the fence.
It is the sole 3D fighter right now, excluding T7 and soul calibur 6 that are half-dead.
Main opponent is Street Fighter 6, but it has the same shitty monetisation and designed by/for foot coomers.

d1r

Patron
Really depends on how willing you are to learn the game, and how much bullshit you are willing to tolerate. This is the most mash friendliest Tekken that has ever been, and a game which forces you to only be on the attack, because every second you're not unga-bunga'ing, you will handicap yourself. So basically, if you're a player who loves to constantly be in someone's face, you probably will like TEKKEN 8.

d1r

Patron
The genre seems to be gravitating towards 2D again, along with 2.5D.
I'd say that most of the games in that genre are gravitating towards being completely offensive/mash-friendly, by eliminating any form of midgame by giving you thousand options to bridge that gap in a millisecond. And let's not forget about all the comeback mechanics.

Spike

Educated
Or join me in waiting for Virtua Fighter 6.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom