Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tekken 8

Reina is Heihachi's replacement.

Armor King isn't in the game but King has some AK moves and he's op as shit right now, top of the top tier.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
But having to pay for stuff that in previous games were there from the get go just doesn't sit well with me
I didn't play Tekken 5 nor 6, but i don't remember Tekken 3 and 4 having more than 32 characters to pick.
There are many predatory dlc techniques that i hate, but i can't really fault Namco on this one.
Besides, people say that without these dlcs they stop playing the games. I have seen people so addicted to updates of early access games, that when the game is finally finished they complain that its now dead.

Btw, now that Heihachi is dead, who is his replament in terms of gameplay?
Kuma?
Reina has some of his moves, but she is not a carbon copy of old Heihachi, far from it.
I actually think that she is a cool character to play it, but haven't played her for long.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I thought about torrenting the game to check out on the gameplay changes and play the campgain (I've heard it's the most elaborate one in the series, plus I'm curious to see how they wrapped up the Mishima telenovela).

What the hell, the game is 80Gb...
How!?

Melcar

Arcane
The last Tekken also clocked at 80GB or so. MK is also a large game install. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms that a fucking fighting game can be that heavy.

I thought about torrenting the game to check out on the gameplay changes and play the campgain (I've heard it's the most elaborate one in the series, plus I'm curious to see how they wrapped up the Mishima telenovela).

How!?
I played through the story (first time I've done so since Tekken 3) and it's the most ridiculous shit imaginable, I mean nuclear levels of complete retardation.

However, the very final chapter is pretty cool. If you know you know.

The last Tekken also clocked at 80GB or so. MK is also a large game install. I'm still having a hard time coming to terms that a fucking fighting game can be that heavy.
There's a lot of prerendered movies in the game - a lot. And it's laughable too because the in-engine graphics look much better pretty much all the time.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter

How!?
I played through the story (first time I've done so since Tekken 3) and it's the most ridiculous shit imaginable, I mean nuclear levels of complete retardation.

Yeah, that last chapter is some masculine shit, need more of those.

Loser

Novice
Those gigantic storage sizes usually come from the art side of things, such as character models or cutscenes. Those polygons don't come cheap, and video files are always a bit of a glutton

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I finally got around to more practice with my T7 main Law and boy did they change everything up annoyingly. All my old favorite launchers are no longer launchers, several of my old favourite tornados don't work like that any more.
And worst of all, there's no Game Of Death yellow tracksuit skin.
I guess I'm maining Paul for this one.

Maybe they'll sell it in that shop once that comes out.
Probably alongside the ridiculously high Paul hair that I also think is missing.

Pocgels

Scholar
I finally got around to more practice with my T7 main Law and boy did they change everything up annoyingly. All my old favorite launchers are no longer launchers, several of my old favourite tornados don't work like that any more.

Probably alongside the ridiculously high Paul hair that I also think is missing.
You can use Paul's T7 costume

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron

You can use Paul's T7 costume
But I can't get it to be stupid high (or maybe I just didn't spend enough time looking over the customization)
youll-poke-someones-eye-out.large.jpg

Steezus

Savant
Patron

How!?

The nuclear retardation is what makes it entertaining as all fucking shit tbh.

Sunri

Liturgist

I played Asuka in T7 and they fucked her so bad in this game lmao so I switched to Jun they share some moves so at least it wasn't that painful

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
What is that for a queer nigger in the main menu background?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

:lol::lol::lol:

Movement is alot better compared to T7, plus it seems the game isn't has juggle heavy anymore

Still, I've being some of the changes to the characters, but mainly the ones for Jin (as he's always been my favourite character)
Jin has quite streamlined
No longer a high execution char, he's basically T8 "tutorial" character (I guess because of the campgain)
Before Jin was a character of relatively small moveset, but every move had a purpose and he had all the tools of the game - i.e. he was not a master at anything, but he was very good at everything and as such you could play him however way you wanted
Now he's a begginer friendly mishima (they even gave him some of his old T3 moves back)
Sucks for me I guess...
He's not weak not though, because curiously they also buffed him quite alot

This, coupled with all the radical introductions to gameplay plus story and in a sense it seems to me we're back to the good old days of T4

Cheesedragon117

Educated
Can't wait for the smallest increment of Tekken Coins you can purchase to be slightly more (or worse, slightly less) than the amount you need to buy one costume. Street Fighter 6 has sadly recently betrayed us with such a practice.

What is that for a queer nigger in the main menu background?
That's Eddy Gordo, the series' resident Capoeira practitioner. Every fighting game needs one, I guess. He's always been a bit on the flamboyant side. Nothing new.

1518876-eddy_main_image.png

As you can see, he's also had the "standard black guy" hairstyle or something similar to it long before it became bemoaned as overused and stereotypical.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom