Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate The Baldur's Gate Series Thread

Baldur's Gate 2 portraits with StableDiffusion.
Minsc - Decline. Not Andalusian enough, too gruff.
Jaheira - Looks like every female hockey/rugby player ever. Better, but not massively so.
Imoen - Needs the scar, but overall improved.
Viconia - Massive decline. Looks like a man, way uglier.
Korgan - Too friendly looking, nose isn't big enough.
Cernd - Too white, dudes supposed to be native or larping as one.
Jan - Nose is way too small, beard isn't grey enough.
Keldorn - More salt, less pepper. More scars.
Aerie - Quite wouldable, warm up the oven.
Haer'Dalis - Overall improved.
Anomen - Meh, alright I guess. Head needs to be squarer, skin needs to be darker.
Nalia - Massive incline, prime candidate for the D'Arnise Keep Repopulation Program.
Valygar - Meh, alright I guess.
Yoshimo - Too Han, good otherwise.
Mazzie - Too black.
Sarevok - Too black, dude's supposed to be Arabic.
Edwin - Meh, alright I guess. BG1 portrait is still better.

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
Baldur's Gate 2 portraits with StableDiffusion.
Cernd - Too white, dudes supposed to be native or larping as one.
MOV_LoneRanger_Depp2_2375.jpg

:troll:

The Jester

Cipher

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Mazzy has been turned into a Keshawna.
Light brown cutey > ambiguous mutt
Sarevok and Valygar look like generic Hollywood basketball americans.
I agree about Sarevok but Valygar's original portrait already looked like generic black dude.
lennox10.jpg

Jaheira and Aerie look like typical pretentious fantasy elves.
So Dungeons and dragons?
Valygar is supposed to look depressed, which is original portrait conveys. The new one looks like a typical burnlootmurder antifa angry black bitch.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Valygar is supposed to look depressed, which is original portrait conveys
Indeed.
He does have the reasons, considering his backstory.
What is his backstory? Don't remember that guy at all.
He is descended from a long line of necromancers who used vile magic to extend their lifespan (including killing family members).

From his biography:
"When asked about his past, Valygar is silent for a long time and his face becomes grim. He explains briefly that he is the last of the Corthala noble line, a family that was once one of the wealthiest in Amn. The Corthalas have always been cursed with magical ability, however, and Valygar spits the words with great derision. Every Corthala who has used their magical talents has become obsessed with them and ultimately come to a grievous end. His mother was the most recent victim, although the ranger does not elaborate on the point. Valygar intends to fulfill his family's oath to find and destroy their ancestor, Lavok, and then he intends to let his cursed bloodline die out once and for all."

octavius

Arcane
Patron
"When asked about his past, Valygar is silent for a long time and his face becomes grim. He explains briefly that he is the last of the Corthala noble line, a family that was once one of the wealthiest in Amn. The Corthalas have always been cursed with magical ability, however, and Valygar spits the words with great derision. Every Corthala who has used their magical talents has become obsessed with them and ultimately come to a grievous end.

For some reason this made me now (bit not before) think of the Cardona family in Pool of Radiance. Didn't the Councilman Cardona have a similar background?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dadd gets it. Hand drawn art has soul and can convey character. AI just seems to translate images and loses the character. Judging from these ones, I doubt it could even manage a Looney Toon cartoon.

Edit: Just remembered what Viconia reminds me of:

superman+3-3020099858.jpg

cdx

Novice
Imoen looks like a crack addict with a goat pupil. Something with less detail but a bit less bad, in the correct size:

nyKrQVC.png

l6YDJ21.png

They are indeed soulless, but I'd imagine within a year there would be proper models for facial expressoins and emotions and they should get some soul.

Last edited:
BG2's portraits are kinda ass, they have weird features and went for a different feel than the ones in the first game. Which I get, but the portraits in 1 were literal perfection. The renfair cosplay vibe just adds to it. Like M&M6's characters.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
BG2's portraits are kinda ass, they have weird features and went for a different feel than the ones in the first game. Which I get, but the portraits in 1 were literal perfection. The renfair cosplay vibe just adds to it. Like M&M6's characters.
They are alright, but way too many earrings.
I like the bald fighter portrait who looks like Steve Austin, the Keldorn one, Imoen is also pretty good, Anomen is decent, Sarevok is great and so is Edwin.

bloodlover

Arcane
So I am in Chapter 6 and
I was arrested and accused just because Koveras, a random guy that just arrived in town said I did something? Everyone's known me since I was a kid and everyone knows that Gorion was a bro but they believe some random suspicious new guy?
Am I missing something here or this is just lazy writing?

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
So I am in Chapter 6 and
I was arrested and accused just because Koveras, a random guy that just arrived in town said I did something? Everyone's known me since I was a kid and everyone knows that Gorion was a bro but they believe some random suspicious new guy?
The top guy at the Library hates your guts right from the start. He was looking for any excuse to get rid of you.

Parabalus

Arcane
Mazzy has been turned into a Keshawna.
Light brown cutey > ambiguous mutt
Sarevok and Valygar look like generic Hollywood basketball americans.
I agree about Sarevok but Valygar's original portrait already looked like generic black dude.
lennox10.jpg

Jaheira and Aerie look like typical pretentious fantasy elves.
So Dungeons and dragons?
Valygar is supposed to look depressed, which is original portrait conveys. The new one looks like a typical burnlootmurder antifa angry black bitch.
How does the original portrait convey depression?

So I am in Chapter 6 and
Sarevok had been plotting and scheming while you were having your picnics in the first half of the game. I don't know if you wore the ring but that's used as evidence against you iirc, een though you are still arrested and all.

Krivol

Magister
So I am in Chapter 6 and
The top guy at the Library hates your guts right from the start. He was looking for any excuse to get rid of you.
Also, IIRC, there were doppelgangers involved so it's easy to find more witnesses.

The doppleganger conspiracy was truly horrifying and they just threw it away as a convenient plot device without much weight. they didn't even brought that back in the sequel save for one extremely brief and inconsequential encounter.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Theres a doppel in varenikus dungeon. But I think they missed on opportunity to add one of your past companions a doppel who followed you since bg city.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom