Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bard's Tale The Bard's Tale IV Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Bara

Arcane
I could be wrong about this but I think it's releasing in about 1 hour and 5 minutes. On the web browser page over on gog it saying "This game will be available for full download on Sep 17, 2018. Only 01:05:42 left"

Has gog ever done pre-loads before?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I could be wrong about this but I think it's releasing in about 1 hour and 5 minutes. On the web browser page over on gog it saying "This game will be available for full download on Sep 17, 2018. Only 01:05:42 left"

Has gog ever done pre-loads before?

Sounds like GOG might be running on Cyprus time (which is also my time), where midnight strikes in 40 minutes. But I don't think the game is supposed to come out then.

Bara

Arcane
Well it doesn't say coming soon anymore on the web page... but yeah that's about it. Tomorrow then I guess.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Maybe something that is a couple of years old or still has Windows 7 on it. Not a computer that has been purchased in the last few months.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Has anybody received a key already?
I got the selection mail (4 times actually), made my selection yesterday and it says I will likely get the key before the game unlocks, but no new mail so far.

Same here. Damm it, Fargo, where is my fucking key?

I just did the crowdox survey again. The key was locked but I opened the survey, and clicked 'next' to get through to the end and my key came through about 5-10 minutes later.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Has anyone done a beta review? Is this even worth downloading from the "jolly seafaring buccaneers" bay? I am 1000% more hyped about playing the BT1 remaster, this game looks very meh...

Then play the BT1 remaster. Why would you ask about another game when you are so hyped to play a game you can play right now and that takes three seconds to download over a dial-up modem?

Gord

Arcane
Has anybody received a key already?
I got the selection mail (4 times actually), made my selection yesterday and it says I will likely get the key before the game unlocks, but no new mail so far.

Same here. Damm it, Fargo, where is my fucking key?

I just did the crowdox survey again. The key was locked but I opened the survey, and clicked 'next' to get through to the end and my key came through about 5-10 minutes later.

Have tried this yesterday in the evening and again today in the morning. No key so far. :negative:

Seems I'm one of the lucky guys for which Crowdox screwed up. They had one task, only one task...

Cross

Arcane
I'm watching some videos of the character creation and they seem to have given every character the same 3D skeleton, regardless of their gender or race. So a dwarf is the same height as a human, and a male character has the same womanly curves as a female character.
:prosper:

Why did they even bother, considering the game is first-person?

redactir

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
I'm watching some videos of the character creation and they seem to have given every character the same 3D skeleton, regardless of their gender or race. So a dwarf is the same height as a human, and a male character has the same womanly curves as a female character.
:prosper:

Why did they even bother, considering the game is first-person?

Do your research punk. Bow to the queen.

4pz9Rnp.png

imweasel

Seems I'm one of the lucky guys for which Crowdox screwed up. They had one task, only one task...
The link Inxile sent out in the E-Mail sends you to part two of the survey, but you need to click on part one and then select either Steam or GoG from the pulldown menu under Bard's Tale 4. The key should arrive about five minutes later if you do that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm a bit suspicious about there not being ANY reviews before launch. Bad sign.

Reviews a couple hours before release or even on the moment of release is completely standard.
Completely standard? Hardly. At least it wasn't when I was still working in games journalism. Very few games without review copies ahead without any embargos.

Review copies are out there. Fargo's been tweeting preliminary impressions from reviewers for the past few days.

The suspicious thing is when review keys are only handed out very close to a game's release so there's no time to write reviews for release day. Review publication on the moment of release is normal. You still occasionally see games that have reviews published days before their release (the recent Tomb Raider game for instance) but that's increasingly uncommon in my experience.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Brian getting bored of retirement already

His last game barely sold 100k, and even Grimrock 1 barely broke 1 million, he knows this is pure bullshit and is just trying to create hype and bait journos into giving him free promotion.

It's what bothers me the most about him recently: I don't feel a single bit of sincerity in anything he says, it's all calculated PR speak. At this point, Todd Howard is more genuine.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Brian getting bored of retirement already

His last game barely sold 100k, and even Grimrock 1 barely broke 1 million, he knows this is pure bullshit and is just trying to create hype and bait journos into giving him free promotion.

It's what bothers me the most about him recently: I don't feel a single bit of sincerity in anything he says, it's all calculated PR speak. At this point, Todd Howard is more genuine.

:dontbelievehislies:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom