Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Denuvo DRM Thread

Codex Year of the Donut
Don't care in the least about the performance impact, I just want denuvo removed so games are easier to pirate because I hate game developers.

ADL

Prophet
If anyone didn't already know, the people who created and abandoned SecuROM are the ones behind Denuvo.

ADL

Prophet
According to PCGamer's 12900K review, 32 Denuvo games are broken on Intel's new architecture.
The games listed below are known to be impacted by the Digital Rights Management (DRM) software issue with Windows 11*. The games listed in bold are expected to be patched sometime in mid-November with the upcoming Windows 11 update. We are working with developers to resolve issues with the rest of the games listed. In the meantime, the Scroll Lock workaround can be used.

This list will be updated as patches are released.

• Anthem*
  • Bravely Default 2*
  • Fishing Sim World*
  • Football Manager 2019*
  • Football Manager Touch 2019*
  • Football Manager 2020*
  • Football Manager Touch 2020*
  • Legend of Mana*
  • Mortal Kombat 11*
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2*
  • Warhammer I*
  • Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla*
  • Far Cry Primal*
  • Fernbus Simulator*
  • For Honor*
  • Lost in Random*
  • Madden 22*
  • Maneater*
  • Need for Speed – Hot Pursuit Remastered*
  • Sea of Solitude*
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order*
  • Tourist Bus Simulator*
  • Maneater*
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088261/processors.html
Seems like MK11 is getting an updated version of Denuvo rather than removing it but at least Injustice 2's removal patch went live https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7433017/

Duraframe300

Arcane
According to PCGamer's 12900K review, 32 Denuvo games are broken on Intel's new architecture.
The games listed below are known to be impacted by the Digital Rights Management (DRM) software issue with Windows 11*. The games listed in bold are expected to be patched sometime in mid-November with the upcoming Windows 11 update. We are working with developers to resolve issues with the rest of the games listed. In the meantime, the Scroll Lock workaround can be used.

This list will be updated as patches are released.

• Anthem*
  • Bravely Default 2*
  • Fishing Sim World*
  • Football Manager 2019*
  • Football Manager Touch 2019*
  • Football Manager 2020*
  • Football Manager Touch 2020*
  • Legend of Mana*
  • Mortal Kombat 11*
  • Tony Hawks Pro Skater 1 and 2*
  • Warhammer I*
  • Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla*
  • Far Cry Primal*
  • Fernbus Simulator*
  • For Honor*
  • Lost in Random*
  • Madden 22*
  • Maneater*
  • Need for Speed – Hot Pursuit Remastered*
  • Sea of Solitude*
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order*
  • Tourist Bus Simulator*
  • Maneater*
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000088261/processors.html
Seems like MK11 is getting an updated version of Denuvo rather than removing it but at least Injustice 2's removal patch went live https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7433017/

Why?

Keeping Denuvo on multiple year old games (whose singleplayer has already been cracked) probably costs more in licensing payments than it actually saves in sales. FFS.

ADL

Prophet
Denuvo servers are down. Games with Denuvo DRM cannot be played. All hail Denuvo.
The more this happens the better. People won't give a fuck about DRM until they're put in situations that simulate what it would be like if their servers were to go down permanently.

Monk

Arcane
"Denuvo-Protected Games Rendered Unplayable After Domain Expires"

With the problems now affecting a large number of users, the complaints inevitably spread to Twitter where one eagled-eyed user explained what he believed had happened. According to Alex Buckland, the DRM provider for all of the affected games had let a key domain expire, rendering the system inoperable.

“@PlanetZooGame @shadowofwargame your DRM provider has let their domain name lapse, and it’s killed your game startup… along with multiple other games I imagine,” he wrote.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
"Denuvo-Protected Games Rendered Unplayable After Domain Expires"

With the problems now affecting a large number of users, the complaints inevitably spread to Twitter where one eagled-eyed user explained what he believed had happened. According to Alex Buckland, the DRM provider for all of the affected games had let a key domain expire, rendering the system inoperable.

“@PlanetZooGame @shadowofwargame your DRM provider has let their domain name lapse, and it’s killed your game startup… along with multiple other games I imagine,” he wrote.
Goddamn, I hope the domain got sniped, and that the madlad never lets go.
Or goes full Dr Evil and demands 100 Billion Dollars.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
[REDACTED]

-- I realize you're not posting a link to a pirated game, but you're certainly flirting with it. Don't do that again.

-- The Sheriff

Last edited by a moderator:
meh, it's always been available since day0. only now it's free from denuvo. not "proper" (damn, i miss the nuked/proper wars on nforce) cracked but available nonetheless.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
vrLrGL5.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom