Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Division by Ubisoft

Angthoron

Arcane
I should give it a try again, remember playing it close to the start, it did have issues with HP scaling and other such things, but the visuals were awesome.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You should try survival if you can get it cheap.

Any news on discounts for Div 2? Some of the stores have around 10-13% discount. Dunno if I want to shell out AAA price early or wait till it is cheaper with less problems.

Spockrock

Augur
as someone who believes DayZ was the best thing that happened to gaming in years, and that all modern fads like PUBG and shit only exist thanks to it, I have to say, Survival is the best thing since the original Arma 2 mod, that actually tries to push the original idea forward. I don't understand why it was never made into a stand-alone game.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Tried the Division 2 open beta, it plays like you expect, an improved iteration of the first game.

The engine seems to have remained basically the same but while i can play version 1 on my completely obsolete 6 year old pc (which desperately needs replacing) loaded with a mighty GTX760 without much problems on mostly medium, i can just barely play Div2 on low (bordering on unplayable). Not complaining since it is obvious my pc needs upgrades or replacing.

Minimum req. is a gtx670 btw which is more or less comparable i think, with a slight edge to the 670?

If you want to try the open beta now you are out of luck since the server is down for 3 hour maintenance.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Hah I have GTX750!
Tested a bit in Beta, seems ok on low setting, don't know if it can handle large environments.
Added: Gets bad later, since I don't want to play in lower resolution which makes long distance combat an eye strain I guess I have to upgrade.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Looter shooter genre doesn't actually need hyper smart AI, but these fuckers really impressed me in the beta.

For a cover shooter, enemies in this game are really responsive to your state and action. Low on armor/health? They gonna push you immediately, but once you recover health to maximum, they are quick to back down to cover. They don't seem to push one by one either, they're on move at the same time, always try to reach places out of your vision while on the move. Flanks happen often, especially when they notice I'm shooting at one angle the whole time. All of these are always accompanied with sound cue and voicelines, like someone's about to reload and one near him said out loud he's throwing suppresive fire so the other can switch mag. Some amusing stuffs like one dude reviving teammate, I shot the downed guy and he said "welp, guess I'm no use for you now buddy".

They don't cheat either. Black Tusk soldiers throw grenades often but they don't always land at your feet (I got some instances where their grenade disabled their own mobile turret); they can lose sight of you when you either move smartly behind cover or your turret draw their attention for you to slip away; they focus firepower on your healing drone (because the fucker hovers on the sky) if they don't have a clear shot at you; some enemies especially snipers even prone. All these combined with passable/good level design really turn The Division's bullet spongefest into actual engaging gunfights, at least for me.

I only play a few hours of this game but Ubisoft clearly knows how to compensate for repetitive gameplay loop: if you don't have anything other than shooting, then change scenery, change how gunfights take place, give players a reason to be always on the move, and AI and level design accomplished that. Funny how a popamole shooter makes use of mobility more than Biofag's loota shoota where you can fly and hover in an Iron Man suit.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
AI is not that smart, it just looks like that because enemies that push you are bullet sponges. LMB types are the most annoying.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
On hardest difficulty, funny thing is that if the enemy push right from the start the players have no chance, they can absorb hundreds of rounds, esp that super hunter at the end where players just surround him and spray & reload and spray for a very long time.

typical user

Arbiter
Both betas had memory leaks. I expect the game will receive ton of flak for running like crap during 2 hour and longer play-sessions. The UI is weird, especially controls and all that fake chromatic aberration.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If this game turns out to be fun, will it be called Joy Division?
thinking.png

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I liked that factions seemed to interact with each other. Going hunting for supplies etc. Fun with dynamic firefights that you can happen upon.

Hellion

Arcane
Apparently, in the game's timeline, Mexico has built a wall on their US border to keep out refugees fleeing the virus.

Also, according to some cell phone collectibles I found during the beta events, the US president is called President Waller :lol: And he eventually dies of a heart attack due to the stress of coping with the virus crisis.

Gerrard

Arcane
The game doesn't really look very impressive either (or at least the beta didn't have any locales that would showcase that). Ghost Recon Wildlands looks much better.

Hellion

Arcane
Playing it now, and the only thing that's really bothering me is the repetition during missions. Pretty much 90% of the missions (main and side-missions, not the open-world stuff) follow the exact same routine: enter building, kill 3 waves of enemies, move along the corridor, kill 3 more waves, activate a computer, defend computer against 3 waves of enemies, leave. I hope the endgame will add some more variety.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Playing it now, and the only thing that's really bothering me is the repetition during missions. Pretty much 90% of the missions (main and side-missions, not the open-world stuff) follow the exact same routine: enter building, kill 3 waves of enemies, move along the corridor, kill 3 more waves, activate a computer, defend computer against 3 waves of enemies, leave. I hope the endgame will add some more variety.

You just made up my mind between buying this and days gone.

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Bizarre thing in Division 1 is only at your final level 30 does the game open up and you have access to High Value Targets, exotic loot, gear sets, West Pier and Resistance, Underground, Survivor, Incursions, PvP modes and world tier 5 Dark Zone where the action is.
The meat of the game is endgame, tough legendary missions with hunters and players working together to complete them.
Gear set bonuses heavily change the way you play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom