Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

eremita

Savant
So now it's pretty clear reviewers didn't lie when they said that the first 10-15 hours is just a boring filler with MMO-like design philosophy. A lot of them say the game gets much better after that and some even said it's possible a lot of players won't see that because of boredom. I'm interested if it's actually true, otherwise, I think I won't bother with the game...

dryan

Arcane
I am gonna try to give it a fair chance and be open minded, you know, do my best to embrace the decline and enjoy myself.

Zyryanoff

Literate
Wow i must say most of the haters group seems to be overreacting children with 1st world problems, like "oh now my iPad is blue, not yellow" etc.
And what is more fascinating why they are spending so much time to hate this game if they are not going to play it? It's crazy, if i don't like something i could criticize 1 or 2 times and let it be, while stay away and forget.
But buying the game that i don't like and then making shitty movies after is just sick. So i wish you a lot of mental health, peace.
My 5 cents [ i don't care about other reviews as always, becouse it tells nothing for me and in this case a lot of people just hate becouse its "trendy" to hate EA, and Bioware ]:

It looks like amazing game, already bought it and i think it is best crpg this year next to Divinity: Original Sin or Xulima. Ammount of lore, attention to detail are impressive here. Very talented people must work at this crpg, and ammount of work they put to make this one of the most "living" and "breathing" crpg world is HUGE, if i can describe Inquisition in one sentence it will be: DA:Origins meets Mass Effect and Skyrim plus classic crpg "feeling". It has everything you need from fine crpg, good story [of course its naive - like in every fukin game , they are just games, even Torment was just "fairy tale"], interesting universe with deep lore, great characters [ and trust me they are great - somewhere between Mordin or Wrex from ME in Bioware terms]. As for combat, you can play it in more classic way with pause or almost like Mass Effect plus Origins way. And argues about comabt are "everlasting" disscusion as long as crpgs exists, i remeber how many was shocked when Ulitma Underworld hit the shelves haha. In real life you don't have pause when fight, same in some crpg titles starting with very old titles to this day games like Skyrim, problem is that it is very hard to implement proper "effect" of reality when you "fight" on screen with mouse and keyboard/ pad. On the other hand turn-based combat with it's slow pace is great too, like in D:OS , Fallouts, but far from "real world" dynamics. It's matter of taste only and i think each of these solutions be it real-time combat or turn based, is good when properly implemented into game. One thing i was afraid the most before i played personally was characters. They looked pretty strange, uninteresting and just "not as i expected them to look" . But after some time i must say they are really good, different from each other and for sure memorable. All that shitting about them is just a crap. They are very good Npc's, with fine writing , strong backgrounds and as in ME series they play huge role in the story. They are not just generic, and static npc's like in most crpg's with few dialogue lines and over. So it's big plus. Graphics and musics are just groundbreaking, especially music is excellent. Ammount of quests and activities could make your head hurt and that's good.
Game is also polished nice, i don't have any bugs so far, crashes or problems with bad optimization. And game is far, far better as crpg than Skyrim [and im die-hard and dedicated Elder Scrolls universe fan], much more interesting, and at least don't need 40gb of mods to be fine crpg. User Interface is clear and handy, Codex in game is just great, lore ammount just makes your head explode.
And biggest pos. for me in this game: it's world looks and feel like real fantasy world as a whole, that just exist somewhere. Great thing. Every good crpg should give it's players that feeling.
One thing im interested most is mod support and possiblity to have any modding tools like creation kits for ES or Nwn2 editors. It will be great to have such strong base of real mods here, not just poor "big bobs" and "nice hairs" shit mods like for previous DA games. I think Bioware should go for full community base and release that kind of tools, but with Ea as owner i think it's close to impossible. And it is one main letdown as mods for crpgs are great way to make them live "forever".

So if you want bitch about it further but truth is that DA:I will be remembered as one of the finest crpgs in modern history of that genre, period. So my answer for "buy it or not" is: Buy, You won't regret unless you are retarded kid or just sad and "too serious" for games old dick, who hates everything but Torment and Fallout ;) .
You are on the hype-train, my "friend". And looks like you've already been "indoctrinated" by EA. All you do is insult people who don't like the game and way of development of the Dragon Age universe - you call them "overreacting children", mental, dick etc.
I reply only one thing: "Happy for you. Enjoy the ride and GTFO."
DA:I will be remembered as one of the finest crpgs in modern history of that genre
Oh yeah? Alongside with Watch Dogs I think. ;)

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I am gonna try to give it a fair chance and be open minded, you know, do my best to embrace the decline and enjoy myself.
I did too you know.
For the first 30 seconds maybe.
Then the menu exploded.

eremita

Savant
Well, if some fair codexer says he finished the game (it's supposed to be 100+ hours, good luck!) and that it is the same MMO-like shit the whole time, I'm done with the company. I think BG2 is probably the best RPG of all time and I hoped this might actually be its successor. This was the last chance for BioWare to prove they're still the same company (when given enough resources etc.)...

Last edited:

Azarkon

Arcane
56% on Metacritic User Ratings, 87% from Reviewers :lol:

Same ratio occurred with DA II.

Nonetheless, hope springs eternal that the game improves 20 hours in.

eremita

Savant
Nonetheless, hope springs eternal that the game improves 20 hours in.

Yep, I would also like to hear opinions from people who experienced the game, why they think the first area is such a boring filler - if there was some dev intention and it failed or wtf happened (if the game gets actually better later that is)...

Caim

Arcane
Isn't this game so bad it makes solid state drives destroy themselves rather than have it be installed on them?

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Wulfric your post is not very reader friendly, paragraph wise.

Are you playing dai with a controller or mkb?

RK47

Patron
You are now ready to chat with Pramod Kumar.
Pramod KumarThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Pramod Kumar. How may I assist you today?
youhi
youI'm asking why isn't Dragon Age Inquisition isn't eligible for refund on my account
youI read your great game guarantee
Pramod KumarHello!
youso I pre-ordered it knowing if it's not a great game, I can get a refund.
Pramod KumarDo you want to get the refund for this game?
youyes.
youjust remove it from my origin account.
youthis is not a great game.
Pramod KumarAlright!!

Achiman

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
20 hours before you have any real enjoyment? Like a probation period? No.

Who has that much leisure time to burn, 20 hours of shit before something enjoyable. :|

I gave up on Xulima after 10, no fucken way am I dropping 20 hours on a single player mmo. Fuck. That.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Pramod KumarThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Pramod Kumar. How may I assist you today?
youhi
youI'm asking why isn't Dragon Age Inquisition isn't eligible for refund on my account
Pramod KumarHello!
youyes.
Pramod KumarAlright!!

Will you still finish your LP? :M

Well, if some fair codexer says he finished the game (it's supposed to be 100+ hours, good luck!) and that it is the same MMO-like shit the whole time, I'm done with the company. I think BG2 is probably the best RPG of all time and I hoped this might actually be its successor. This was the last chance for BioWare to prove they're still the same company (when given enough resources etc.)...
Well, if the MMO structure with fetch quests and "resources" is present at the beginning (and it really is present), I sincerely doubt that in the middle of the game it will suddenly change and DA:I will transform into a BG2-like game.

MrMarbles

Cipher
The gameplay has degenerated into something 1mb nes games could do better (yet somehow it takes up tens of gb's). The characters are no longer appealing in any fashion, visual or otherwise.

One of DA:Is strong suits was supposed to be the graphix, but it looks like shit. Overdone WoW armour and weapons, no grit, flashy pinball colours and weaboo artwork.

I understand that people have different taste and I havent actually played it. Am I way off here? Shit gameplay aside, did anyone enjoy the visuals?

RK47

Patron
youhi
Pramod KumarHello!
youyes.
Pramod KumarAlright!!

Will you still finish your LP? :M

When are games eligible for return?
You may return any EA full game digital download (PC/Mac) purchased on Origin for a full refund:
  • Within 24 hours after you first launch the game <--- This has passed. :lol:
  • Within seven days from your date of purchase, or
  • Within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered
Whichever comes first. This is in addition to your standard return or refund rights.

And hence:
wonderful2.png

The LP Lives. Yay? :lol:

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I hate myself that I was not able ...
:lol: God damn. This guy takes customer support seriously, need more with this kind of passion. Perhaps he bought and refunded it himself and is really understanding your pain. Let him know that this means you have to do a full LP for our amusement, could start getting pity gifts.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Customer support needs more Pramod Kumars.

Excellent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom