Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Ezrite

Learned
How can you folks be so negative! This is the best humans invented since the machine gun. It just kills your
So the game is decent if you reprogram yourself to judge it as a console game rather than as a PC game? What kind of bullshit argument is this?

The point is this IS an action RPG designed first for consoles. If you don't want to play that, don't play the game period. If you do play it, the controls are fine for the kind of game it is. People complaining about the controls are mostly focused on how not-Origins it is, but that's the core game more than not having click-to-move. Witcher 2 didn't have click-to-move either.

I wasn't talking about the controls. I'm talking about a shitty game suddenly becoming decent if you think of it as belonging to a different genre or platform.

But if you want to go that route, fine. So how does this game compares to Dark Souls?

From the looks of it, it looks like a shitty Dark Souls clone. Also what I said when I first saw it. A mix of WoW or Skyrim and Dark Souls. And a bad one at that.

Slow James

Savant
I look at it from the other end. Once those encryptions and asset management systems are properly reversed engineered, We will have a one shoe size fits all for every EA game. It will be much easier to mod and reverse game files if they all use the same engine / encryption / asset pipelines / libraries.

Other then that, I whole heartedly agree with you.

This isn't some tax evasion conspiracy. Good software companies SHOULD be developing and maintaining their own engine and that engine should be modular enough to support more then one game genre. I'm surprised game companies don't do this more often.

Aside from marketing campaigns (pffft) and distribution channels (which give us the oh-so-amazing GameStop DLC exclusives) providing a publisher-wide engine is the only value I could see a developer getting from a publisher, besides their annual budget itself (which with EA seems to come with more puppet strings than the Age of Ultron trailer).

EDIT: Also, I hadn't considered the consolidated reverse-engineering aspect. I don't know enough about the efforts to map BF4 vs. something like DA:I or how much overlap there would be, but it could help. Then again, Frostbite games also seem to really lock down the .exe to prevent MP cheating, which is a big obstacle when trying to utilize foreign/non-native resources.

I'm not convinced, but it is possible that there could eventually be a coordinated effort to harness Frostbite. A compiler program or decryption app from DICE would go a long way, but I doubt we will see that this side of the Apocalypse.

made

Arcane
Hey guys I haven't been following the game, only just seen this trailer:

Is the whole game like this? If so imma grab the torrent.

Slow James

Savant
hahahahaha fuuuuuck

Embrace it... embrace the teen movie antics and writing. This is the future!

ba62dc8fe5f869695d9c22de96a23590.jpg

Can you see?

CAN YOU SEE?!

Angthoron

Arcane
No we can't, the image is broken.

Also, that voice acting, holy shit. The passion, the tenderness, the shocked reveal.

Renevent

Cipher
That video...man...I just can't...I don't understand...how did that ever...damn fuck it. I'm speechless.

Ulrox

Arbiter
That video...man...I just can't...I don't understand...how did that ever...damn fuck it. I'm speechless.

This is know as cheesyness overload. Too much of it and you'll turn into an weeaboo. The creature known as the weeaboo too once resisted the temptations of too much cheese but as they experienced more and more of it their souls became slowly corrupted by the cheese and suddenly they transformed into the pitiful state of weeaboo. It is much akin to the transformation a dark elf may experience into drider, a state of constant agony, and where the weeaboo once hated cheese, they now crave it with every breath they take.

Bioware must have learned that many have become corrupted by the powers of cheese and so seek to market their games to this crowd of beings as they cannot say no to something which contains too much cheese.

Ninjerk

Arcane

This is know as cheesyness overload. Too much of it and you'll turn into an weeaboo. The creature known as the weeaboo too once resisted the temptations of too much cheese but as they experienced more and more of it their souls became slowly corrupted by the cheese and suddenly they transformed into the pitiful state of weeaboo. It is much akin to the transformation a dark elf may experience into drider, a state of constant agony, and where the weeaboo once hated cheese, they now crave it with every breath they take.

Bioware must have learned that many have become corrupted by the powers of cheese and so seek to market their games to this crowd of beings as they cannot say no to something which contains too much cheese.
No one has as many friends as the man with many cheeses!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I wasn't talking about the controls. I'm talking about a shitty game suddenly becoming decent if you think of it as belonging to a different genre or platform.

But if you want to go that route, fine. So how does this game compares to Dark Souls?

I dunno, I don't play console action games. :smug:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron

It's nothing like dark souls really, its not a crawler and there's not much player skill involved. The target audience of this game is very clearly mass effect + skyrim.

Delterius

Arcane

I dunno, I don't play console action games. :smug:
So you don't know that Dragon Age isn't a very good action game either?

Mortmal

Arcane
So the game is decent if you reprogram yourself to judge it as a console game rather than as a PC game? What kind of bullshit argument is this?

The point is this IS an action RPG designed first for consoles. If you don't want to play that, don't play the game period. If you do play it, the controls are fine for the kind of game it is. People complaining about the controls are mostly focused on how not-Origins it is, but that's the core game more than not having click-to-move. Witcher 2 didn't have click-to-move either.

Compare it to dragon's dogma rather, its quite similar combat system except you wont see mage joint casting and localized damage on big monsters.Theres no timed roll and dodge , not the feeling of danger like in dark souls.You can program your companions to use potions at a % of health and attacking the same target , they are like the side kick of dragon's dogma , with a lot more dialogue than "wolves hunt in pack".Prettier with better areas to explore, easier too. It doesnt deserves the irrational hatred some give it here, especially when it doesnt prevent to play true PC rpg this year.
You know you could just buy it for cheap in a third world online shop via proxy or vpn and just activate the key on origin , its not that a big deal .

Delterius

Arcane

Compare it to dragon's dogma rather
I wouldn't since Dragon's Dogma would actualy come on top.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom