Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"LOL No, Mary is definitely of the female gender."

I sit corrected. :) Man or woman this mysterious Mary kirby did a heck of a job with Varric. One of the best npcs ever.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
okay, fine! I just sucked. it didn't even occur to me that that line meant anything. althooough I -do- think once I lit the final beacon in the area that my PC said something like "no more corpses?" there were sooo more corpses. I wouldn't've minded so much if they were melee, 'cause Whirlwind in a stamina duration build is fucking -absurdity.-

I listen to audiobooks andor podcasts while I play and don't always pause them for incidental dialogue (curse you seductive rumble pack keeping me to a controller, really need to learn to map my global on/off button to a controller input) and didn't have subtitles on for a long time, so I've missed a lot of offhanded comments up to now.
I cleared out the Mires today. BTW if you find an item called "Fereldan Codex" or manage to unlock the door above the castle gate, please let me know where/how.
Respawning enemies are indeed shit. No RPG should ever, ever have respawning enemies. It is a thing of hell.

The "no more corpses" line which doesn't have a visible result is most probably a bug. I had the same hopes as you when I finished that quest.

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
Come to think of it, was Gaider always gay? He wrote a lot of heterosexual romances back in the day.

:hmmm:

I don't know about 'gay' but he seemed to suddenly turn in to an asshole when EA bought them. The basic disrespect for what the audience had been up to that just started oozing out of him.

Edit.. This post wasn't meant to slag him off, I found it a little sad when it happened. Heroes with clay feet and all.

Ezrite

Learned
This game is so bad I get tempted to try it.

I mean, it probably got some redeeming qualities for newbie gamers and more casual people but damn, as an RPG? What in the...I would blush less playing Sakura Spirit.

it's really fine. it's not great. it's not terrible. please stop with the same moronic OMG TOO COOL TO PLAY UNIRONICALLY bullshit. it's been said a thousand times before by a thousand people just as disingenuous as you are. go, get it, think about it, come back and tell us how it made you feel and where it could've been better. this hipstrocious nonsense is not a contribution.

I was a super fan of Bioware. Im not paying 60 bucks for this.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
I see it as:
1. DA:O fared well, let's make a Dragon Age MMO!
2. DA2 ratings are shit, make changes.
3. Skyrim is a huge success, make DAI world huge.
4. Keep MMO world and make it singleplayer.
5. Add fag romances.
6. ????
7. PROFIT!

SarcasticUndertones

Prospernaut
I see it as:
1. DA:O fared well, let's make a Dragon Age MMO!
2. DA2 ratings are shit, make changes.
3. Skyrim is a huge success, make DAI world huge.
4. Keep MMO world and make it singleplayer.
5. Add fag romances.
6. ????
7. PROFIT!

I see it as:
1. Add fag romances.
2. Add fag romances.
3. Add fag romances.
4. Add fag romances.
5. Add fag romances.
6. Add fag romances.
7. Add fag romances.

"Think of all the moniez"

Tehdagah

Arcane
q2ib.jpg

Contrary to what you are probably wondering, no, I'm not romancing the Bull and that's not a romance line.
What context?

Branm

Learned

Lol you do realize that QA most likely found those issues but they weren't deemed to be of high enough severity to get an immediate fix...Seriously i'd love to know how many that constantly rip on QA have ever actually done QA for a game...When I was working at Ubisoft Montreal many years ago I tested among other things IL2: Pacific Fighter. The vast majority of issues that plagued that game post release had been identified but due to some faggot pencil pusher games simply get pushed out....

In this case i'd assume a couple testers ran across it but due to it being hard to reproduce and not necessary game breaking its deemed acceptable.

Last edited:

I didn't realize it before, but after watching this video, I realized that this game has pretty blatant level scaling - I made it through Crestwood yesterday and enemies were in the 12-13 range, same as my party.

I wonder if there's a maximum level limit for scaling.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
okay, fine! I just sucked. it didn't even occur to me that that line meant anything. althooough I -do- think once I lit the final beacon in the area that my PC said something like "no more corpses?" there were sooo more corpses. I wouldn't've minded so much if they were melee, 'cause Whirlwind in a stamina duration build is fucking -absurdity.-

I listen to audiobooks andor podcasts while I play and don't always pause them for incidental dialogue (curse you seductive rumble pack keeping me to a controller, really need to learn to map my global on/off button to a controller input) and didn't have subtitles on for a long time, so I've missed a lot of offhanded comments up to now.
I cleared out the Mires today. BTW if you find an item called "Fereldan Codex" or manage to unlock the door above the castle gate, please let me know where/how.
Respawning enemies are indeed shit. No RPG should ever, ever have respawning enemies. It is a thing of hell.

The "no more corpses" line which doesn't have a visible result is most probably a bug. I had the same hopes as you when I finished that quest.

You need the inquisition perk "deft hands, fine tools", or something like that, to unlock that door, and other doors that are locked like that. There are usually one or two of them per area.
Thanks. I thought there was always a key as well, and btw there should be, because if these doors can only be unlocked by using this perk, this means some quests can't be completed without the perk, which is idiotic. But with a game of this quality, I wuppose we can't rule out this possibility right...

AwesomeButton

Patron

Sorry, I'm not a native speaker of English, but is there a language in which "And I you" means something when said as a reply to "I look forward to working with you"?

Which reminds me how sick I am of the business English I keep hearing in DAI: Who the hell says shit like "I look forward to working with you" in a medieval fantasy world? Did Bilbo say this to the dwarves? And it's not just tht, I can't count how many times I've heared the word "appreciate" after clicking the "Thank you" option in the dialogue wheel. It's pathetic. Did their writers pick inspiration from their weekly meetings with EA suits? Judging by the overall creative power this game shows, it wouldn't surprise me.

I said creative... so we now have facebook missions (Per RK47), MMO quests, we are awaiting when single player potions will become paid, and on top of all that, we have the beginnings of a FarmVille clone in our fortress... By the way, let me remind you that the fortress is customizeable! Who's got $5 for a DLC featuring draperies and banners with a bare-chested Cullen?

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Thanks. I thought there was always a key as well, and btw there should be, because if these doors can only be unlocked by using this perk, this means some quests can't be completed without the perk, which is idiotic. But with a game of this quality, I wuppose we can't rule out this possibility right...
Well, that's choices and consequences, aka diversity. You either invest into correct skills and tools, or you are hosed in certain situations.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What context?
That's the battlecry he yells during combat, translated from Qunari.

I didn't realize it before, but after watching this video, I realized that this game has pretty blatant level scaling - I made it through Crestwood yesterday and enemies were in the 12-13 range, same as my party.

I wonder if there's a maximum level limit for scaling.
Each zone and story quest has a min and max range. If you are below the min level, enemies scale down to the min level. If you are above the max range, they scale to the max. This is very obvious in Hinterlands on going back to fight the high dragon.

On a related note, I've also noticed that some of the loot containers are level scaled and also randomized, but if you get too close to the loot and then save, the contents do not change on a reload. Doing the same from a distance, I've managed to get different loot. Doesn't matter much though, as loot becomes a non-issue at higher levels.

DemonKing

Arcane
To be fair here, Bioware belongs to EA, everything that comes from EA is common denominator popamole, even if Bioware wanted to do a Dark Souls, fuck that EA would allow them. Besides Dark Souls is a sucess because its publisher was smart enough to know that maybe... maybe its not a good idea to throw 200 million dollars on a game so the budget is compatible with the sales. I don't think EA has enough wisdom to realize that.

From the look of this, DAI's fascination with same sex romance options might also come down to their corporate master:

http://www.ea.com/news/ea-named-one-of-the-best-places-to-work-for-lgbt-equality

AwesomeButton

Patron
Well, that's choices and consequences, aka diversity. You either invest into correct skills and tools, or you are hosed in certain situations.
I hope you're just being sarcastic. This (that I said wouldn't surprise me) would be the exact opposite of choices and consequences.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom