Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community The Great Avatar Purge

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
My package of instant country gravy seemed fitting, but I have been working out and SCII is an awesome game, so whatever.

Erebus

Arcane
Good thing I decided to change my custom avatar to one from the Ravenloft gallery just a week ago !

Syl

Cipher
We didn't remove old custom avatars at the time though, because we wanted to make sure the gallery was working properly. In the end, apart from some issues with GIF avatars (hence we've removed all GIF avatars from the gallery), everything seems to be working well. So the time has come to remove those custom avatars.

It does not work. The avatar page tries to load all 10 thousands (or so) images at one time and it stalls my computer.

It used to work with Javascript enabled but not anymore.

Repressed Homosexual
All the big meme-based emoticons end up adding so much stupidity and chaos to this place, just remove them all.

One of the reasons the shoutbox is much more civil than 98% of the threads here is that people can't emoticon spam their way out of conservations.

Coyote

Arcane
And thus in one fell swoop, the ranks of the default avatar army swell by thousands! We are a powerful trollish force! We are the harbingers of IGN's doom! And the forces of incline will applaud us as we stride through the gates of Codexia carrying :pete: on a pike!

Repressed Homosexual
Stop complaining, all game avatars is what added cachet to this place.

Says the guy who used the picture of that old dude who was probably some religious figure I was too lazy too look up for the longest time.

That I used it or not made no difference in what the thousands of other users would do, now there is uniformity. It adds some sort of sobriety and class.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Totally forgot about those PS:T sprite avatars I once uploaded, gonna rezip and send them ingain.

Also funny to see people whining about gallery only avatars when it was pretty much always like that.

TripJack

Hedonist
this is a fucking outrage my avatar guy is sad now :cry:

o0xqvr.jpg

RIP smiling avatar guy

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Fear not friends, I uploaded some good ones from Dredmor for them to add to suit all your wacky needs:

OgTo01V.png
2AtSGmV.png
abaOCrK.png
ba3ENWv.png
3KXkmcQ.png

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And Dark Underlord said, "let there only be video game avatars," and there were only video game avatars. And Dark Underlord saw that the avatars were good.

CWagner

Augur
Crappy selection of SRR avatars :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom