Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Guild Wars 2 Thread

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Those shore zones were fucking shit. I mean, that was the open world end-game. Only zombies and abominations, and only events involved them. "FUN". They were everywhere too, so I always accidentally chain-pulled a bunch.

Snerf

Learned
GW2 is a perfect example of what happens when pre-release designers get replaced by a post-release corporate micro-transaction business team. Everything sacred and good from GW1 was gradually thrown out for WoW influences, a single-mind focus on monetization and micro-transactions up the ass.

Dual classing, deckbuilding, horizontal progress, interesting pvp meta-games - gone gone gone gone.

BUT WE HAVE UNICORNS AND QUAGGONS BITCHES.

The down-ward spiral is horrifying.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
i duno bro, i stopped caring about the story and dropped the game altogether. ME3 co op is more fun.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Afaik you won't miss any dynamic events by siding with one faction or another, the only thing that changes are the story missions.

Snerf

Learned
The game turned to shit the second Ascended and other vertical progression became design priorities. GW was good because of the horizontal progression model and without it, GW2 is just another post-WoW copycat failure.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, my Human Thief is now level 80. Now I'm just going to use him to feed money for levelling alts.

I'm starting a Charr because their back-story and the strong Roman influences in their society is actually pretty interesting. Which class, though? I don't want something squishy again like the Thief and nothing really seems to appeal to me. Necromancer is the only one that looks interesting. Is it any good?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Did they force people to login yet? Cause the only thing that can force me to login right now is a gun to the head.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I don't even know what fractals are. D:

That said, WvW looks interesting, but my framerate in there is shit. I ran with a giant group raiding enemy bases a few days ago and my average framerate was about 15FPS.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, I always have to wait ages for shit to spawn in in Lion's Arch. NPCs can sometimes take up to a few minutes to show up.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yeah, I'm done with this game. There's actually very little point to playing after you hit 80. Want to participate in WvWvW? Grind your ass off to get gear that will allow you to stand your ground in there.

Not thanks. I'm not particularly fond of games whose end-game content is basically just a giant grind.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Yeah, I'm done with this game. There's actually very little point to playing after you hit 80. Want to participate in WvWvW? Grind your ass off to get gear that will allow you to stand your ground in there.

Not thanks. I'm not particularly fond of games whose end-game content is basically just a giant grind.
Enlist in Starfleet. We may be farming like crazy, but at least the grind is optional.

Riel

Arcane
Come on geting a full level 80 exotic set is damn easy in this game. Most of the people who don't come from GW1 actually complain about not having anything to do after achieving top tier equipment too fast.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Yes, I'm almost fully kitted with exotics. Then I need to get Ascended, then Legendaries.

Riel

Arcane
You haven't pondered much that reply.

Exotic has the same stats as Legendary
Ascended has slightly better stat than legenday ... barely noticeably.
In the future ANet's said legendary == ascended tier, just not yet.

Only thing ascended is necessary for is for fractals level 10+ everywhere else you'll never notice a difference between exotics and ascended stuff, and only becuase of anguish and anguish resistance.

Not to mention there is no legendary armor or jewelry, just weapons and the distinct stuff about legendary is their legendary lame animations .... Legendary long bow shots unicorns!! :S

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes, I'm almost fully kitted with exotics. Then I need to get Ascended, then Legendaries.

I am one of the main wvw officer in a wvw guild on a tier 1 server and i can tell you that you are full of shit.

Take Exotic to Ascended.

My Soldier's Field guide of the soldier got the stats.
Pow 56
Toug 40
Vit 40

I put a Crest of a solder in it

Pow 20
Toug 14
Vit 14

All in all 76 pow Though 54 Vit 54

The Ascended option is the Durmand's Pen

All in all un-infused it is 91 power 60 though 60 Vit

And you can get 5 of what ever stat you want with a full infusion. So yeah it is a small upgrade and if you have full ascended you will do a tiny bit more DPS and have a tiny bit more HP and that it. Yeah it help's, but Exotic is good enough and most of the ascended can be gained through Dailies and guild missions.

That is how i got my 1 Ascended. Also Legendary's do the same amount of Damage that a Exotic weapon dose. They are pure vanity.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Zewp obviously does know jack shit what real grinding is. GW2 is grindy only if you can't handle not doing 5% more damage.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
I got lost in this game. Namely, I'm level 14 or something and have no idea where to go except for a few areas in Queensdale. There are other areas that are too high of a level or too low, the thing feels walled-off.

And I am doing my best to ignore the railroaded storyline. Fuck that single-player garbage. Didn't they learn anything from Age of Conan?

Riel

Arcane
Yes the personal story sucks, and makes ME3's storytelling look almost good in comparisson, lol. The only good news is that it is totally optional, other than decent XP and some not so useless rewards there is no reasson that forces you to do it unless you want.

There are in total 5 starter areas suitable for characters in the 1-15 level range, Queensdale is just one of them, unfortunately the game does a very poor job pointing you in the right direction lol. Just do this, get into Divinity's Reach city and take the asura gate in the top level of the city to Lion's arch, that's the main city in GW2 and a travel HUB, just around you there will be 5 asura gates, each taking you to one of the starter cities (char, asura...) go to the one you like more and enter the starter zone to level a bit more.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
60 relatively short levels. Also not that grindy when you combine hearting with dungeons and wvw. Dailies xp also helps.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd say there were at least twenty levels too many, and sense of meaningful progression stopped around level 35-40.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
GW had it right with 20 levels. The rest is just fluff and unnecessary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom