Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

ultimanecat

Arcane
Sony gets mad for getting “review-bombed” on this game, Metacritic silently rolls out a change in policy to combat it:
When you visit the Metacritic listing for a brand new game, you’ll see, “Please spend some time playing the game,” followed by the date and time that reviews open... This new waiting period for user reviews has been rolled out across Metacritic's Games section and was based on data-driven research and with the input of critics and industry experts

vota DC

Augur
The thing to watch if you hope for FAILZ is this and how quickly the curve flattens (right now its a huge ps4 exclusive). It will take a couple of months for it to be accurate (cause its based on public ps4 achievemetns). And correlate to prices accross used/new game sales.
ketMtzR.png

The Problem is, even if TLOU2 fails, it wont fail because of SJW... (its a game made for consoletards, bought by consoletards - they are not capable of thought) ... it will fail because Cuckman killed Joel. He could not stand a white male father having a positive, loving relationship with a loving daughter.
But why Ellie Is pure decline even as a lesbian woman? She Is psycho, boring and spoiled and nobody (even in game) likes her. She could be a funny and charming lesbollah warrior. What you said is true, but also Ellie was created when Straley was in charge and Dr. Uckmann wanted to destroy his legacy after forcing him to leave.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The thing to watch if you hope for FAILZ is this and how quickly the curve flattens (right now its a huge ps4 exclusive). It will take a couple of months for it to be accurate (cause its based on public ps4 achievemetns). And correlate to prices accross used/new game sales.
ketMtzR.png

The Problem is, even if TLOU2 fails, it wont fail because of SJW... (its a game made for consoletards, bought by consoletards - they are not capable of thought) ... it will fail because Cuckman killed Joel. He could not stand a white male father having a positive, loving relationship with a loving daughter.
But why Ellie Is pure decline even as a lesbian woman? She Is psycho, boring and spoiled and nobody (even in game) likes her. She could be a funny and charming lesbollah warrior. What you said is true, but also Ellie was created when Straley was in charge and Dr. Uckmann wanted to destroy his legacy after forcing him to leave.

This is the best character in the game.

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
This thing just keeps on delivering.
Dung pies.
This new waiting period for user reviews has been rolled out across Metacritic's Games section and was based on data-driven research and with the input of critics and industry experts
Why stop at 36 hours?
- Always buy a game at least 3-6 months after its official release (preferably pirate it first to see it for yourself, as media can't be trusted; no preorders, ever).
See, my solution even has the same numbers!
It rhymes.

Also, lol @
engadget.com/metacritic-score-bombing-game-review-changes-150200740.html said:
There’s no silver bullet to stop people from blasting their baseless opinions online.
Update 7/17/2020 12:00PM ET: This story was updated to include a statement from Metacritic.
For how long should a journalist play to be able to form an informed opinion? About 40 hours non-stop?

I've had more respect for Sony not that long ago. Japanese quality and responsibility did carry a meaning.

Black

Arcane
A lot of Sony's main stuff (including interactive entertainment) is in commiefornia, and it shows.

Metronome

Learned
"The game's co-director and co-writer Neil Druckmann, an Israeli who was born and raised in the West Bank before his family moved to the U.S., told the Washington Post that the game's themes of revenge can be traced back to the 2000 killing of two Israeli soldiers by a mob in Ramallah. Some of the gruesome details of the incident were captured on video, which Druckmann viewed. In his interview, he recounted the anger and desire for vengeance he felt when he saw the video—and how he later reconsidered and regretted those impulses, saying they made him feel “gross and guilty.” But it gave him the kernel of a story."
Emanuel Maiberg said:
But is intense hate really a universal feeling? It's certainly not one that I share. I, too, have seen the video of the 2000 mob killing of the Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, and it's horrific. Yet, my immediate response wasn't "Oh, man, if I could just push a button and kill all these people that committed this horrible act, I would make them feel the same pain that they inflicted on these people," as Druckmann said.

This is not a universal feeling as much as it's a learned way of seeing the world. There are many other ways to react to that video: compassion for the victims, compassion for the killers, questioning why these soldiers had to drive into the West Bank in the first place, questioning what would drive a mob to this kind of violence. Revenge and hate is just one option.

Dexter

Arcane
Can you show some examples to the opposite? I mean, you say that the devs/media not boasting about new sales records proves that the game failed because after the initial 4 million copies the sales died off.
Could you show us a successfull game where constant sales records were reported by the devs/media again and again, week after week?
TLOU, GTA V, Witcher 3: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-witcher-franchise-sales-revealed.120906/

Whilst Sony is a Japanese company, not all of their products are made in Japan.
Iirc, they have a US branch, and it was probably that branch that released TLOU2 and handled the PR.
SONY Interactive Entertainment/Sony Computer Entertainment/PlayStation and everything related to it are a California San Mateo-based operation since 2016:
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2011/09/30/sony-inks-lease-for-huge-san-mateo.html
https://www.mercurynews.com/2016/01/26/sony-moving-all-playstation-operations-to-san-mateo/
Sony moving all PlayStation operations to San Mateo
By George Avalos | gavalos@bayareanewsgroup.com | Bay Area News Group
January 26, 2016 at 12:08 pm

SAN MATEO — Sony said Tuesday it will move all of its PlayStation-related operations to San Mateo, enabling the consumer electronics giant to tap the talent of Silicon Valley, and potentially bringing new jobs to the Bay Area.

Japan-based Sony announced the creation of a new company, Sony Interactive Entertainment, that will be based in San Mateo.

The market environments of hardware, software, content and network services are ever evolving, making it crucial for Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment to unify their business strengths under one entity with a single focus, the company said.

“Strategically, it makes a great deal of sense to have the merging of these two operations,” said Tim Bajarin, principal analyst with Campbell-based Creative Strategies.

The move will help Sony intensify its focus on Web-based game services and streaming.

At present, Sony has about 1,300 employees at its San Mateo site, said Jennifer Clark, a spokeswoman for Sony PlayStation. The office complex totals 450,000 square feet, she added.

The Sony PlayStation platform has evolved rapidly from a stand-alone console to a networked and cloud-based system that enables streaming of games, movies, videos and other content.

“Sony’s decision is testament to the economic pull of the Bay Area,” said Scott Anderson, chief economist with San Francisco-based Bank of the West. “They are looking for the synergy of talent that is located in Silicon Valley and the innovation culture that is here.

Besides consumer electronics companies, cellphone firms as well as automotive companies have sought to establish major outposts in Santa Clara County or San Mateo County in a quest to be near the engineering, software, mobile technologies, hardware and Internet talent located in the region.

Sony’s consolidation in San Mateo won’t lead to a shrinking of the entertainment giant’s workforce. “We will continue to hire at this location and across other regions,” Clark said. “There is a possibility that a small number of staff will move to the U.S.”

Some of the consequences of that: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...g-dumping-ground.90469/page-2796#post-6101891

kangaxx

Arbiter
Tempted to hit the high seas on this one, but I'm not sure if I can be bothered to learn how to do that for a PS4 game. In which case I just won't play at all.

Last edited:

mogwaimon

Magister
it's barely worth going onto the high seas even if you could do it with PS4, unless the hacks have been advanced AFAIK you can't do anything on the firmware version that TLOU2 requires. Besides, this is the only scene you need to see to know how shit it is :smug:

Divinity: Original Sin
missed all this discussion... but as an owner of an original PS4 (not pro) that was gathering dust on the shelf, I decided to buy some console games just to play in this quarantine days. They were Ghost of tsushima, spiderman, days gone and last of us part 2. I installed all of thgem, but the one I wanted be be done with was TLOU2.

I had no expectations at all for this game. Played the first on PS3, enjoyed that walking simulator. I watched no trailers, saw no spoilers, just heard there was a controversy because of a lesbian scene... but that was all. I normally don't watch trailers or get hyped by anything.

I guess I can talk revealing spoilers, since I guess most of people here have already played or don't care.

That being said, I finished this game today. Oh my, what a slog. It's the same gameplay as the first game, but the pace is horrible. It's a very long game, full of clifhangers, jump cuts and flashbacks. There's the joel murdering scene, which made me really angry towards muscular lady abby. Game is extreme violent. The thing is you play with ellie searching for vengeance, divided in 3 days until you hit the showdown scene, and ellie's flashbacks between the day's transitions. When you reach that showdown scene, you go back and play through abby's point of view. and after that, you have a psedo epilogue and a whole new year later scene where you finally get thisngs to an end.

the thing is that I sometimes couldn't pay attention to ingame conversations because I was busy trying to solve a puzzle or looking for supplies. Thanks to that, I thought abby was a lesbian/transman that had issues because she was dating the pregnant doctor, and this was the cause for the review bombing, but in fact she was heterosexual and was ex-girlfriend of the guy that was mel's baby father. Anyway, the game takes to long because of big open areas approach of level design. It's a very linear game, but now you have two interconected corridos with two storey buildings in between, so if you are like me and like to explore, you will take a long time to traverse the game. Add 10 to 15 enemies in that area and it makes exploration even slower.

The thing is that the story is ok, but it really made me push through to see what would happen. It's an interactive movie with long stealth/shooting/popamoles/conversation/puzzles taking to long to show you what will happen next.

Also, naughty dog already did this slow gameplay with uncharted 4 before, with so many sidestories to delay the gameplay. Lot's of gameplay sections where you just wander and interact with the enviroment.

But, as tiresome this game can be, what made me go through it is because even the story is meh, it really sucks you in, and the game is fucking beaultiful and detailed. It is a top tier for a graphix whore. I guess the worked so hard on detailing the levels, that they couldn't cut content and wanted to keep everything. Bear in mind I played on an original PS4, and the visuals are impressive. Not only because of graphical fidelity, but how animations, and object interaction and physics work, and different wheather conditions. It's nothing new, but attention to detail is autistic. It comes with a photo mode that really makes me want to mess with.

About the story, they make you hate abby but then they force you to like her. It's very forced, but since they force you an obnoxious Ellie, I went on with it. Abby really is a likable character if you are ok with her being a 1st degree vengeful murderer. But her arms are too distracting, and even though she is physically strong, she is not a superwoman, and she can be beaten as any normal character in videogames. They should've tone down the man arms, specially since you can play with less muscular versions of her in previous years flashbacks. And the end scene, is really unecessary, it's a fistfight bertween an injured ellie and a famine almost dead abby, only to have ellie let abby go and give up vengeance. It would be better if there was no fight. At that point I just wanted the game to end.

Well, in the end, the game is OK and I see no real motives for a review bombing, or complaints about LGBT themes, as these are not even an issue or something that makes the game good or bad. But the end balance is that today I got migraines. When I started this game, I had intentions of replaying TLOU 1 and 2 on the hardest difficulty just to collect everything. But now that I finished, I won't touch this game in a long time, probably never again... Oh, I lie. I'll lauch it sometimes to take some beautiful screenshots.

TL; DR:

One of the most beautiful and detailed games graphically, a back and forth interesting but "meh" story, that takes too long to develop, and the devs forgot to cut a lot of filler content. Gameplay content is repetitive, therefore, a chore. Also, the controversy/review bombing is unjustified and I can't even say what the reason was: Joel's fate, SJW content, leaks or whatever.

Last edited:

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
Everyone who bought this game should neck themselves. Stop funding decline, stop funding kikes who want to see you dead, and stop funding SJWs. Bunch of dumbfucks I swear.

Last edited:

Sodafish

Arcane
Everyone who bought this game should neck themselves.

Seriously. It's the same thing with the dreck Hollywood pumps out. 99.9% of it is absolutely devoid of a single crumb of worth or originality, a fact which anyone with two brain cells to rub together can divine from the trailers, yet the morons still line up in droves to hand over their money and perpetuate the machine.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Everyone who bought this game should neck themselves.

Seriously. It's the same thing with the dreck Hollywood pumps out. 99.9% of it is absolutely devoid of a single crumb of worth or originality, a fact which anyone with two brain cells to rub together can divine from the trailers, yet the morons still line up in droves to hand over their money and perpetuate the machine.

Luckily the Maoists will complete their takeover soon and then all the popular IPs like Star Wars or MCU will be turned into platforms for feminism and critical race theory, which will finally force all the 30+ neckbeards to stop buying tickets and DVDs, throw out their plastic children toys and start living like actual 30+ men.

They'll just switch to anime instead won't they? Yeah I know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom