Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
I'm not understanding the point of the Scorpio. The Phil Spencer guy says that you'll only get the benefits if you have a 4k TV but most people don't. Does that mean that even if the console is more powerful, games will just run the same as a regular Xbox one? Seems like it
Can't you just benefit from downscaling?

I'm still highly skeptical a $500 max console will be able to render all games at 4K with acceptable performance.

---

Arcane
Hitboxes seem to be very precise, unlike in the rest of the series. Just look how the goblin is not able to hit Link when he is outstretched on the ground:
cGUKmYP.gif

And here, one of the goblins stops 'cause he noticed the flaming club on the ground and he wanted to set his weapon on fire:
s3HuOas.gif

Caim

Arcane
For a series first there are now also some minor ragdoll physics in the game. This is most visible when you fall a short distance and Link goes all ragdoll.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This Zelda is going to be a sheer amalgam. I wonder if they will do the same seamless roaming concept showed in Zelda from Nes.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
It's curious, a lot of people are surprised about the "new" mechanics of this game while I didn't found anything new on it. All that we saw is the evolution of things that were already in previous games of the franchise: Changing Link equiment, crafting, interaction with the overworld... the things showed in this game are the next level of all of them. That's why I'm excited about it. The only thing I'm worried about is the overworld content and dungeon design.

Another evil volcano cursed by a resurrected dragon

:incline:

Keldryn

Arcane
I wonder if this game is set in the "downfall" timeline. I know we haven't seen much of the game world yet, but it has a bit of a post-apocalyptic vibe to it that really fits in with the more desolate worlds of the two NES titles.

Caim

Arcane
I wonder if this game is set in the "downfall" timeline. I know we haven't seen much of the game world yet, but it has a bit of a post-apocalyptic vibe to it that really fits in with the more desolate worlds of the two NES titles.
People have linked it to the Wind Waker timeline, it being the Hyrule swallowed below the waves having returned to the surface or something like that.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Yes, probably. I already made a thread in a spanish forum with "evidences" about it. Also, I explained the posibility of the Link from BotW being probably the Hero of time, the same from Ocarina of time.

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2396978/page-1

zelda010.jpg

9aa2ee57f07601b14edeac0deb8bf38bo.png

the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-die-neuen-dungeons-24_large.jpg

I know manga is not canon but...

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The Downfall timeline is hugely underrepresented in modern Zelda, so there's a distinct possibility.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom