Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Angthoron

Arcane
http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/135175179

I'm not going to bother posting the best quotes or saving the OP image, which shows TOR's population trends, apparently taken from the game's official site

supposedly most of the servers have severe underpopulation problems, I'm not going to bother checking the facts either

LOL BIOWARE
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Picture is supposedly
nOh7o.jpg
and "light" is supposedly < 300 connected at once, according to the OP. Not sure how much is fact, but I do know that the subs were bleeding at a pretty decent pace just a while ago - some people that went TORing have since quit and mentioned that it's impossible to start a raid going.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Funny (no, not really), as it's mandatory to play multiplayer in order to get the so-called 'best ending' in single player."

No, it isn't. It's a flat out lie that's been proven wrong over and over again...

It's also hialrious consideirng one of the buig crying points aboutt he ending is that there's only one actual ending.. so, if there's only one ending how the FUK can there even be a 'best' one and the how FUCK can MP effect it?

FFS morans... err.. trollls... err... people.. get the facts staight.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
No, it isn't. It's a flat out lie that's been proven wrong over and over again...
Well, it's possible that it's impossible I think, based on some of your choices in previous games RE: the Geth. It's true that it's not and out-and-out requirement to play the MP to get the 'best' ending though.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
If "best ending" involves Shepard surviving then it's pretty much onfirmed that you need the multiplayer to get that. Or that tablet game app thingie.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
'Confirmed' how FFS? By random morans who make up shit? It's been confirmed on the BIo forums in a sticky that yu don't need the MP to get the 'best' ending.

Keshik

Arcane
Depends on what you mean by the best ending. You can get Synthesis without MP, just need to farm pretty much everything, Citadel sidequests (boy are those annoying) and maybe get the Geth and Quarrians in. The 'Shepard breathing scene' is only at 4000 and above, which isn't possible without MP/iOS game.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
'Confirmed' how FFS? By random morans who make up shit? It's been confirmed on the BIo forums in a sticky that yu don't need the MP to get the 'best' ending.
And it's been confirmed by the game-files and the game itself that the sticky is bullshit.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
From an interview with Patrick Weekes:

-What was up with the Rachni story? Why did we get railroaded?
Welcome to game development. In some games (Alpha Protocol) they make a bold choice where some decisions can knock entire missions out of the story. At BioWare, we never want people to be locked out of content due to a decision several games ago. We just didn't have the resources to do an alternate for the Rachni mission, so we decided that the Rachni mission could occur whether or not players saved the Queen.
"Our games are not like Alpha Protocol where your choices have consequences!"
As a sidenote, I still love Alpha Protocol this much!

DraQ

Arcane
Depends on what you mean by the best ending. You can get Synthesis without MP, just need to farm pretty much everything, Citadel sidequests (boy are those annoying) and maybe get the Geth and Quarrians in. The 'Shepard breathing scene' is only at 4000 and above, which isn't possible without MP/iOS game.
:what:
This game is a fucking joke.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Welcome to game development. In some games (Alpha Protocol) they make a bold choice where some decisions can knock entire missions out of the story. At BioWare, we never want people to be locked out of content due to a decision several games ago. We just didn't have the resources to do an alternate for the Rachni mission, so we decided that the Rachni mission could occur whether or not players saved the Queen.
So they criticized a game for one of its best features?
:x
Die Bioware die.
:mob:

Nobbynobbs22

Novice
HI again. I haven't posted here in a long time since a mod got butthurt because he was a giant pussy, I've mostly just been lurking and posting threads (this is kingcomrade, if anyone remembers). Mass Effect 3 was a butterdick assfuck penis dragon.
The game itself was pretty decent, it was the same format as Mass Effect 2, I don't have complaints, and the multiplayer was okay, kind of fun for a couple days, not that deep, but whatever. But the ending was so goddamn retarded jesus titty cinnamon that I was upset. It boils down to the entire reasoning behind the Reapers. It was a dumb idea and the writers should feel ashamed of putting an idea that dumb into a product. It wasn't properly forshadowed, in fact the foreshadowing lead to a different conclusion. It's kind of sad that the fan wank explanations of the ending are miles more complex and interesting than what Bioware (sorry I meant BIODERP ROFL) came up with.

DraQ

Arcane

So they criticized a game for one of its best features?
Die Bioware die.
:mob:

I hate.
I hate so very much.

Stinger

Arcane
It sounded like he was praising Alpha Protocol to me "Unlike Mass Effect, Alpha Protocol has consequences, we at Bioware can't do that". Also, I've been on the fence for too long, but now I TOO LOVE ALPHA BROTOCOL THIS MUCH!

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It reminds me of the KoA coverage where some guy was going "well KoA doesn't force you to make brutal choices like in Fallout 3 and stuffs".

Since when is having actual consequences for decisions you make considered hardcore or brutal or bold? What the fuck?

Also: I LOVE ALPHA PROTOCOL THIS MUCH!!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I never played Alpha BROtocol :(
I heard too many bad things about it, and I couldn't bring myself to pirating a MCA game to form my own impression.

I never played ME3 either.
I don't want that shit contaminating my computer. :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom