Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
"NBA 2K series > EA basketball."

If I agree with this statement.. does that make me smart?

EA has dominated football (both tyopes), NHL, baseball (not always soemtimes other games do better), basketball (at times), and hockey. They ar every consistent in putting out fun sports products. the fact they can make me enjoy soccer in the past says soemthing. Still, overall, barring some exception, EA is plainly fukkin' awesome at sports games. Outsuide of them now controlling BIO, I don't give a shit about their other games too much.

Dominated football? Not fucking hard when you have an exclusive deal so you have no competition. They sure as fuck better dominate in that case.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
They were fukkin' dominating with Madden even before the exclusive. Even the silly discuounted trash 2k was elease w- hile it sold - didn't stop Madden from selling millions.

It should be pointed out that during the years 2k had exclusive rights to MLB games.. they weren't exactly setting the house on fire with sales. R00fles!

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So today Bioware released the ''patch'' that addresses the face import bug, some supposed crashes and multiplayer stuff (the quest journal is still useless).

VNseK.jpg

Needless to say, the biodrones are raging.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Can't you customize your face even when you import, anyway? Why don't you just remake your character? Why does it matter if your character doesn't look 100% exactly the same anyway? Do your eyebrows and hairstyle have to be 100% identical? Jeez, these people.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane

how immature of them to not manage their expectations

they are not entitled to working facial feature transfer, they got a full game and are acting like spoiled children over little details that don't affect the quality of an otherwise flawless game

if they want bioware to do better they should vote with their wallets and preorder dragon age 3 to show that they still have their trust in this important juncture unlike these people who are nostalgic for mass effect 1 and 2 and cannot be satisfied

ps hold the line

Outlander

Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Can't you customize your face even when you import, anyway? Why don't you just remake your character? Why does it matter if your character doesn't look 100% exactly the same anyway? Do your eyebrows and hairstyle have to be 100% identical? Jeez, these people.

Apparently, there are assets missing from the ME3 editor (eye shapes, hair styles, etc) so it is possible that you can't even manually tweak your fucked up import.

ps hold the line

:lol:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I love that Bioware is now this evil company for not addressing fan feedback... on THE LOOK OF THE FACE. Everything else before that was forgivable but face import bug? OUTRAGE.

Some of them are... creepy. There's one that documents multiple passes through playing with Photoshop overlays to get the eye color just right.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Apparently, there are assets missing from the ME3 editor (eye shapes, hair styles, etc) so it is possible that you can't even manually tweak your fucked up import.

ps hold the line

:lol:
killing-joke-209349.jpg

And then Christ chose to be crucified on the green cross, for he was a hippie.

54.jpg
Not even a little close, different hair, different hair colour, different eyebrow/colour, lips/colour, eyes/colour, makeup, nose shape and complexion

But apparently 'close enough' :/ Woo...

I've been PAINFULLY holding off playing this game since release to play this game with the face fixed and now I get this....
crying.png
crying.png
crying.png
crying.png

delish

218.jpg
This is unacceptable. We waited a month for THIS??? REALLY?

exquisite

3753602.png
Every single one of my Sheps are changed for a "default" one

finger-lickin' good

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
RETAKE MASS EFFECT 3 CAMPAIGNS TO BUY ADVERTISING SPACE ON BILLBOARDS

Hold the line is currently in the middle of a Billboard campaign, which is asking it's members to spend the money they would normally spend buying an EA DLC, instead on a billboard outside of the EA HQs. This is the discussion of the billboard campaign in specific. $10 spent, to go someplace that isn't EA's pocket, and to show them that a billboard is more valuable to us, and to show them that we are willing to spend money, and act with our wallet and not just our words.

Hold the line!

:bravo:

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
BILLBOARDS

Okay, this is getting out of hand. Seriously? A BILLBOARD? As if I thought the Retake group couldn't get any more desperate. It's bordering on mass hysteria. It's a video game ffs. And retake doesn't understand why people call them whiney and immature.

At this point, I would welcome Bioware telling everyone enough is enough. Because the people in retake that are even considering this don't deserve anything.

However...

You do realize what you're aiming to do is illegal, right? Its considered a Smear Campaign and they can sue you for it.

yes yes fight each other over your dungheap

I haven't seen this much drama ever since fallout 3 was released

Outlander

Patron
Butthurt Biodrone said:
I'm so over this BS.

I'm playing new adventures with new characters already, my classic Shepard is shot. BioWare, I'll be damned if you ever get another dime from me. You can seriously kiss my ass. I don't even have the patch yet (360) and judging by the PC players on here and the pics they have posted, forget it. Disgusting display of an attempt to fix something that should have never happened.

Gibbed editor? I don't think so. I shouldn't have to resort to that...this is the lowest of lows. Can anybody think of a bigger mess up in gaming history? This thread will be closed tomorrow, problem solved.

If I saw Chris or whatever his name is, I'd consider knocking his teeth down his throat. And that's what he deserves. Ban me if you want, I'm done anyways. Pieces of **** no good mother****ers.
: x

Seems like all the decline, mainstreaming and mediocrity from the last decade is finally catching up to Bioware.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Somebody should compile ALL the plot holes, ALL the in-game evidence proving that Bioware flat-out lied to their costumer's faces, along with appropriate screenshots both from the game and from interviews/tweets/press releases and do a massive Bioware-ripping-Oblivion-style-epic-RPGCodex-review.

The lulz and the butthurt would be of majestic proportions.

I'm willing to help hunting down incriminating evidence from various websites.
too optimistic

really, I don't think anything would change(a RPGC review won't make (m)any butts hurt, because our majestic target audience won't read it), and the review wouldn't really be lulzy

besides there's probably too much bullshit for you to possibly catch it all, especially if we count their forum

:rpgcodex:

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
RETAKE MASS EFFECT 3 CAMPAIGNS TO BUY ADVERTISING SPACE ON BILLBOARDS

Hold the line is currently in the middle of a Billboard campaign, which is asking it's members to spend the money they would normally spend buying an EA DLC, instead on a billboard outside of the EA HQs. This is the discussion of the billboard campaign in specific. $10 spent, to go someplace that isn't EA's pocket, and to show them that a billboard is more valuable to us, and to show them that we are willing to spend money, and act with our wallet and not just our words.

Hold the line!

:bravo:

This actually could have been quite lulzy if done right. Unfortunately they already failed, no suprise here.

IronicNeurotic

Arbiter

Yes, yes. Compare the Mass Effect ending controversity to Christianity (and do it wrong, too). That won't backfire. At all.

What retard made this guy community manager? I mean for what skills does this guy actually get paid? I could get a hobo from the street and he would be better at it.

Stinger

Arcane
To be fair, the Book of Revelations i.e. the actual ending to the New Testament makes no fucking sense and would make me rage too if I actually gave a damn about Christianity.

But seriously, way to fucking go with the strawmen Priestly. Does anyone call him out on his bullshit?

Oesophagus

Arcane

Heh heh! Oh wow, no inflated ego at all! Yeah, the story of Motherfucker Shepard is surely on a par with the allegoric writing in the Book of Revelations, which influenced western culture for centuries, and the Illusive Man's story is obviously the next step from Milton's "Paradise Lost". Get over yourselves, dipshits. You made a shit story and you should apologise and not do that again.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
That's supposed to be a "so dumb it's funny" joke I think. Surely, even Priestly must have heard of Jesus' resurrection.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
That's supposed to be a "so dumb it's funny" joke I think. Surely, even Priestly must have heard of Jesus' resurrection.

What you apparently forget is that most bibles printed after Gutenberg come with the DLC preinstalled. Back in the day, the bible ended with Jesus dying, but the jews made an extended cut after butthurt christdrones demanded a happier ending for proper closure.

Even today you still have to grind "tithe" points online or buy the iPreach app and reccomend it to everyone on your faithsbook account to reach the "best" ending in christianity.

And don't get me started on all the creepy "fanscrolls" about how Mary could carry a child and still technically be a virgin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom