Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
s5CTwhX.jpg

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I just don't know how to react on those kind of tweets. Should I be envious or pissed off that he plays and I can't? Or I should be happy that the game is so "Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh and recognizable." This doesn't make any sense, there is no useful info here.

Hepler's Vagina

Learned
That statement is just dripping with majestic dishonesty. To Flynn, ME4 is obviously just a mega software project that his EA "career" hangs on, plus all the usual blood sweat and tears of crunchy office work in a company of 300+. If he was a new hire in QA his 'great time' sentiment might be plausible. Anyone that thinks that as studio head he can suspend disbelief (and have "fun") on something he works on day in day out, is ... dumb enough to buy ME4.

By the way, wasn't Flynn the guy that was in the middle of that tweet exchange with the MS Xbone director that went something along the lines of "it's always online - deal with it"?

eremita

Savant
That statement is just dripping with majestic dishonesty. To Flynn, ME4 is obviously just a mega software project that his EA "career" hangs on, plus all the usual blood sweat and tears of crunchy office work in a company of 300+. If he was a new hire in QA his 'great time' sentiment might be plausible. Anyone that thinks that as studio head he can suspend disbelief (and have "fun") on something he works on day in day out, is ... dumb enough to buy ME4.

By the way, wasn't Flynn the guy that was in the middle of that tweet exchange with the MS Xbone director that went something along the lines of "it's always online - deal with it"?
Well, he's based in Edmonton so traveling to Montreal meeting people he's usually not around much - seeing their work - might be actually refreshing... Flynn used to be a lead programmer since the beginning of Bioware so I kind of have more respect for him/his opinion than in case of other GMs... He actually could have something valuable to say after reviewing a game build other than "need moar wow moments guyz!".

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I initially loved the sound of a more personal storyline that's less about saving the world. Then I played the game.
That's what they should go back to for Mass Effect 4: a Spectre and his team of Interspecies (Wo)Men of Mystery against an evil terrorist dude.

Sort of like James Bond, except that you can bone alien instead of human women. And it's IN SPACE.

Funnily enough, that's what they marketed it as. For ME2/3. Really only ME1 was like that. Shit bioware, get it together.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
ME4 can't be anywhere near completed; they haven't started marketing it at all. As for Mr. Flynn, he's clearly trying to earn brownie points with his superiors by talking up the games he's given to work on.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
i think by now, everyone employed by these companies are required to have a twitter and hand out the keys to the PR department. It's what i would do, if i was a evil corporate drone.

Caim

Arcane
i think by now, everyone employed by these companies are required to have a twitter and hand out the keys to the PR department.
Bioware should instead put more money into good community managers instead of hiring the Imperial Inquisition and telling them their games are to be treated as the word of the Gaider-Emperor of Mankind.

Damage control is really bad with them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom