Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Delterius

Arcane
i didnt play DA2.

Not defending DA2, which is a rushed game filled with bad design choices, but when writing something off as irredeemable shit it's usually helpful to have actually experienced it.
Preferably 7 times.:troll:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I needed 15 minutes of the demo to know the depths of decline the game explored

Funny thing is the demo doesn't really show off much of the decline. The lack of an real choices and the repeating areas aren't seen. The spawning enemies are there but seem contextual, part of the darkspawn raid encounter design. I was frankly stunned that continued the whole game.

I'm assuming you hated either the animation speed or graphical style, or both, like a lot of people here do. Those were the least of my issues with the game.

Lhynn

Arcane
True C&C can only be found on winter wolves games, too bad you have to own a vagina to enjoy most of what theyve got.

set

Cipher
For the record, I have played DA2 three times now. To full completion. I do not enjoy playing the game, but find it fascinating nevertheless. If you're interested in ever creating a good RPG, it's a good place to start. It shows you exactly, step by step, how not to do things. All you have to do is discover why they are bad, by exploring the whys of "Why do I dislike this game?" Playing DA2 three times basically lets you find enlightenment or golconda or something. I would absolutely recommend playing it at least once, if for no other reason than to solidify your convictions about the decline of gaming. You can never doubt them again afterward.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I thought about a second playthrough with a mage a while back. Got about 20 minutes in before stopping.

eJE10li.gif

Delterius

Arcane
Rage is a suitable reaction to the BSN's :hearnoevil: at DA2's launch (and, of course, prior to that -- but the cries of 'you haven't even played the game yet' were sort of reasonable).

But if you endure the game past... say, the entire first act, I don't think rage matters. The game just becomes boring. And that boredom corrupts your soul.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I won't say there was nothing good about DA2, because I do think they got at least a few of the companions right and I did like the attitude system; if we're going to be stuck with the dialog wheel we might as well do something interesting with it. But what it got wrong it got really wrong. I don't think I've ever hated a companion as much as I hated Isabella.

Lhynn

Arcane
I won't say there was nothing good about DA2, because I do think they got at least a few of the companions right and I did like the attitude system; if we're going to be stuck with the dialog wheel we might as well do something interesting with it. But what it got wrong it got really wrong. I don't think I've ever hated a companion as much as I hated Isabella.
STD girl? why bother? they were all shit, even the stupid, retarded dwarf.

DA2 did nothing right, it is an example on how rushing stuff with a team of incompetent twats will only leave you with a huge turd and cries of butthurt from your fans. It is hands down the single worst "rpg" i have ever played, well beyond even noob DM shitty first adventure on a table. It is a pretentious abomination that has no reedemable value and one of the peaks of decline in the last decade.
Only enjoyement i got out of the whole deal was calling it shit months before it was released.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Kanedias

Savant
I initially loved the sound of a more personal storyline that's less about saving the world. Then I played the game.

Caim

Arcane
I initially loved the sound of a more personal storyline that's less about saving the world. Then I played the game.
That's what they should go back to for Mass Effect 4: a Spectre and his team of Interspecies (Wo)Men of Mystery against an evil terrorist dude.

Sort of like James Bond, except that you can bone alien instead of human women. And it's IN SPACE.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I would love to get a free copy of DA2 just to experience how shitty it is.
Too pricey, I'd bet.

Yeah, someone would have to pay me for me to consider playing it.
I didn't pay money for it (borrowed a friend's copy) and I still felt ripped off.

You will never get that time back.

I've never felt gayer then after playing DA2. Possible the gayest game ever made. And I mean that in the real homosexual sense, not just lame.

Anyway just checking in on the mega-threads. Has anything been revealed about ME4?

Caim

Arcane
I've never felt gayer then after playing DA2. Possible the gayest game ever made. And I mean that in the real homosexual sense, not just lame.

Anyway just checking in on the mega-threads. Has anything been revealed about ME4?
There was something with a screenshot with a guy who the Codex guessed was Space Future Angry Joe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom