Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Pathetic quote mining from a looser!

The linked article also says:

Because that's what gamers do, if this behavior is to be believed. Attack individuals en masse, forgetting they are people, and then acting betrayed when their victims have the nerve to bite back. It's all very well expecting "professional conduct" from a developer when a customer is angry, but when anybody's being demolished by a rampant tsunami of abuse, I don't think there's any amount of professional expectation that makes it unacceptable to lose one's cool and say something in return.

It is the height of entitlement to believe you can say whatever you want, as hurtful as you like, and expect not a word of a retort. Those gamers now acting butthurt because Flynn and Hepler responded to the abuse are as cretinous and pathetic as one can get.

RPG Codex >doesn't scale to your level

Maybe it should scale. At least the level of discussion should scale to higher than a really bad kindergarten discussion. It's pathetic how few decent people are on this forum which can distinguish between real and valid criticism and pure and utter abuse and insults, and how many shiteaters and arseholes and retards and people with an inferiority complex are here.

Why did you point out that she's apparently pregnant like it is something bad and weird? What shitty wanker are you racofer? Only way to cope with the fact she had more sex and probably is a more likable person than you is to put her down, shiteater? You all here pretend to be superior because "RPG Codex doesn't scale to your level", but in fact you are just idiots. Your retarded bullshit fucking posts piss me off so much!

SHUT THE FUCK UP RACOFER, YOU DIPSHIT, RETARDED ARSEHOLE! The person in the article is talking about "gamers" like you, you entitled imbecile!

Your post (post 2047 in this thread) is just another proof of that. It would be better if you get permanently banned from this forum, because it would definitely cause an :incline: .

:bravo:
finally, a troll

if this isn't trolling I applaud you anyway : it's good to finally see some genuine butthurt on this thread

would brofist

also https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171610965043970049
https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171623476594085888
https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171623191041687552

https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug for extra context if you're one of those weirdos who like that sort of thing

UserNamer

Cipher
I find funny how they are able to shut down any criticism by just pointing how immature the "gamers" are... like that has anything to do with how fucking shitty their games are and how inappropriate their focus on badly written romances by ugly fat women (with this I'm referring to the male developers too) is

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
ME3: Leakiest game ever?

...well, at least the source code didn't leak.
medium_da66e1a097ae8b64a941dfb34f5758bd.jpg
jesus robin williams got fat

racofer

Thread Incliner
:bravo:
finally, a troll

if this isn't trolling I applaud you anyway : it's good to finally see some genuine butthurt on this thread

would brofist

also https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171610965043970049
https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171623476594085888
https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug/status/171623191041687552

https://twitter.com/#!/PowerWordHug for extra context if you're one of those weirdos who like that sort of thing
Looks too bitchy not to be pure butthurt in my experience.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I don't understand why people vent about writing in games so much. The only game I know of that is above terrible in terms of writing is Planescape: Torment.
On the other hand, Bioware kinda brought it upon themselves; by catering their games towards retards and marketing their story as prime selling point they now have to deal with retards complaining about the story.

Because studios like this are designing their games around lots of writing. You have to sit through tons of it to play. Bad writing is fine--some of my favourite games have absolutely atrocious writing, but the focus of those games is the combat, the exploration, the character systems, etc. But if writing is the selling point and your writing sucks, you need to shape the fuck up. I'm not going to sit through 20 hours of derivative, uninspired schlock.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Think that is funny? There is actually one comment on twitter asking if she already killed herself!

This thread has crossed the line, particularly racofer's comment above! If you don't see that, you are just like all the other idiots on here!
Military officer censor female reporter by punching her while she tries to work.
- BioWare says: ART. Deep emotional engagement, with great dialog. Be a Renegade Hero on the most important sci-fi universe of this generation.

Some people making fun of someone on the internet.
- BioWare says: Crossing the line, you idiots!

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Something tells me if Hamburger Helper really put in the effort and tried to play Arcanum she'd never reach Shrouded Hills.

Deleted member 7219

Wasn't Georg Zeller a veteran of Interplay/Black Isle? He was at Obsidian for a while, I know he worked on NWN2 before he moved to Bioware. I sorta got the impression he had been in the industry for a while.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All the "spineless morans" spamming RPGCodex with stuff we already saw 10 pages ago is pretty annoying also.

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
I'm kind of surprised by how poor the company's control over its social media image is. I always assumed that videogame companies are some of the most attuned to the internet and would have basic guidelines for conduct in place over these things. I can't support the flaming, but talking about your sex organs and telling customers to go fuck themselves over Twitter is grounds for suspension at the very least the places I've worked. It's just hard to imagine.

Does Bioware have a social media PR person? Why haven't they shut their employees going nuts down?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm kind of surprised by how poor the company's control over its social media image is. I always assumed that videogame companies are some of the most attuned to the internet and would have basic guidelines for conduct in place over these things. I can't support the flaming, but talking about your sex organs and telling customers to go fuck themselves over Twitter is grounds for suspension at the very least the places I've worked. It's just hard to imagine.

Does Bioware have a social media PR person? Why haven't they shut their employees going nuts down?

It's just like their reaction to piracy. They get excited. They don't know how to be "above it all".

Compare that to somebody like GabeN, who descends from his Mount Olympus to address the masses so rarely - and yet besides a bit of grousing over Episode 3, everybody pretty much has the utmost respect for him.

Deleted member 7219

True, dat. But Gabe runs a tight ship. Valve, has, what, 150 employees? Valve vets like Chet Failzizikzifrgk have Twitter accounts but they don't go out and try to stir up shit like Gaider and Derpler.

Phelot

Arcane
Every retort they make only causes more trolling, don't know why they bother.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron

It's just like their reaction to piracy. They get excited. They don't know how to be "above it all".

Compare that to somebody like GabeN, who descends from his Mount Olympus to address the masses so rarely - and yet besides a bit of grousing over Episode 3, everybody pretty much has the utmost respect for him.

I am not an expert on social media but since their usual reaction to anything they don't like is END OF RHINE-DING DONG BANNU,I guess they have hard time enforcing that on social media so they aren't really into that

Multi-headed Cow

True, dat. But Gabe runs a tight ship. Valve, has, what, 150 employees? Valve vets like Chet Failzizikzifrgk have Twitter accounts but they don't go out and try to stir up shit like Gaider and Derpler.
Maybe it's because Bioware hires tards and Valve hires bros. Oh, Valve. :love:

hoopy

Savant
The Borderhouse: Gamers Launch Harassment Campaign Against BioWare Writer

Jennifer Hepler is a writer for BioWare who has worked on Star Wars: The Old Republic and the Dragon Age series. She’s also the latest target of gamers’ misogynist rage for the crime of being a woman with an opinion about video games that some assholes on Reddit didn’t like.
This sort of immaturity is misogynist for the same reason people calling The Sims not a real game or talking about how casual gamers are ruining video games is misogynist: it’s based on a fear of girls getting into the clubhouse.
Randomly accuse anyone and anything of misogyny for no clear reason and see if anything sticks. Standard operating procedure.

The outrage here speaks of both jealousy–she gets to make games and she doesn’t even like them!–and a complete ignorance as to how game development actually works.
I wish I could be involved in the making of cinematic, emotionally engaging AAA titles like DA2 and ME3.

The article makes no mention of what people think about Hepler's artistic abilities.

Here's a cool story from the comments:

You know the thing about RPGs is that they are about story. I hardly ever hear anyone ask about the combat on an RPG unless the combat affected playing the game or a certain battle glitched out. The discussions were always about the characters and the story. It seems to be that the majority/most/these people want RPGs to be like Call of Duty, etc. Push button, kill people, who cares about the story. So I think an option to skip combat is awesome.
I'm glad RPGs are now defined by some fujoshis who don't even like video games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom