Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 183 24.7%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 211 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.3%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.8%

• Total voters

madrigal

Augur
Use Mass Distortion vs. mega dragon, each one will half his remaining HP.
That's a nice theory, but in practice his magic resistance makes it more like 5% or something, so it takes ages to cut him down to portion sized dragon steaks.
I defeated the mm2 Mega Dragon, 8 clerics with mass distortion and implosion items when spell points exhausted. Divine intervention for healing. Fair slog, but doable with a tailored party.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
My reputation was initially green and somewhere in the 70s. Then it became 1. Now it's 0 and white and nobody even wants to promote my classes because I'm not "good". How did that happen?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
81958c29abd59aa1364b5c437d16c247.png

I'm saving the dwarves from the mines. Found two - they immediately jumped into my NPC slots. But I have 2 slots already filled with other NPCs and only 4 slots in total, so what do I do for the other dwarves in the mines?
I went outside the mines and tried interacting, hoping that I'd be able to let them go here. But they just thank me and stay with the party.
What must I do?

This game makes me feel stupid as fuck because of these questions.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Nevermind, looks like I have more than 4 slots despite what that guy said on the previous page. I got now 5 NPCs in tow.

Ryzer

Arcane
My reputation was initially green and somewhere in the 70s. Then it became 1. Now it's 0 and white and nobody even wants to promote my classes because I'm not "good". How did that happen?
Did you join a forbidden guild? or completed a quest for them?
Did you interact with a house full of people on black hood?
Did you kill someone by inadvertance?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Did you join a forbidden guild? or completed a quest for them?
Did you interact with a house full of people on black hood?
Did you kill someone by inadvertance?
No. I open chests in towns all the time though, does it count as stealing?
How much rep do I need now to become "good" again?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I googled magic lamps and got a calendar. Used all 3 lamps on October 25 (Thursday). Two characters got poisoned, third one got a magic cutlass.
What I expected: 8 skill points for each lamp.
Wtf?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
mm7? a bunch of quests lower reputation, desecrating tombs... list is long and in the end it doesnt matter

How much rep do I need now to become "good" again?
dunno, just donate gold to temple

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Someone was asking about this before, but what's the best way to play M&M 6/7/8 these days? I know about Greyface patches, but I don't know anything about the modded games or the merge.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I can't upgrade the castle, he just says "we're ready". Why? Is it a bug?

(I finished rescuing the dwarves and then did a quest for the queen of Erathia. I have a feeling maybe they want me to progress further before upgrades, but why is there a button here then? feel like a bug)

89f49048e7d08fa2b7a588d04163af5b.png

Last edited:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Something is fucked up with the reputation. I'm in Celestia and have 5 reputation. I enter the Temple of Light and it becomes 0.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Something is fucked up with the reputation. I'm in Celestia and have 5 reputation. I enter the Temple of Light and it becomes 0.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/143119-might-and-magic-vii-for-blood-and-honor/faqs/27528
And of course, hand in hand with the law comes reputation. Illegal
activities not only impose fines upon your characters, but it also makes them
less liked in the region in which they committed those crimes. Granted,
reputation is not global, but local, meaning you can go on mass killing sprees
in one region while remaining relatively liked in another. This also works
the other way. Just as your reputation can go down, doing things such as
completing quests and donating to temples will cause your reputation to go up
in a particular region. But then again, what you do to get you liked in one
region makes you liked in, well, that region.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I'm in Deyja and city guards (hobgoblins) attack me for no reason. Is it a bug?
Or is it because I picked the Light side?
It's a hassle running from them while visiting the town. If I kill them, more NPCs turn hostile.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Should I just kill them all along with the city dwellers or what's expected here?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
The managerial aspect in this game seems to overtake all other aspects in how much time it requires.
1. Run across 5 different towns to expert the skills. Level up in the process, oh shit, 3 more towns to revisit now.
2. Can't master skills without acension. Run around doing a bunch of quests.
3. Run across 5 different towns to master the skills.
It's exacerbated with prerequisites. One ascension requires another ascension. So you run around more. Master skills of one character, ascend another, master it.
A level up hits. Oh shit, more mastering to run around for.

My last two days (4 hours each) I've just been managing this stuff, I haven't progressed in anything otherwise. Eight hours of managing is not cool. I'm tired.

A grand master should be able to teach expert/master/grand master. It's ridiculous that he can't.

covr

Prophet
Patron
You can just play the game, kill some monsters and advance your skills later. Have fun, do some exploring, do some quest, take it slow.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do I cancel the Fly spell? It's draining on my mana I think.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I just brewed pure intellect potion (+50 to int permanently) for my wizard and all it did was to increase max spell points from 208 to 216. What the fuck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom