Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The new Thiaf game is MASSIVE decline - Eidos Forum Refugee Camp

Divinity: Original Sin

Fen, a guy who does many Thief LPs on youtube (including FMs and Darkmod), is attempting to do one of the New Thief.

I knew it: if you turn off hints/pop ups, you can't play the game, because you don't know what to do...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Why is the gaming warning me about birds? Why can't I discover this on my own? Why is the game treating me like a 3-year with autism?

This is why we can't have nice things.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Second part. I wonder if Fen manages to play the entire thing or if he gives up halfway through, he does seem very fed up with the game.

So I've finally decided to give this a try - holy fuck... There are just no words. I didn't expect it to be this bad. I'm gonna go back to replaying Dishonored or something...

Melan

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"Is this a parody? ... Like, is this a parody?"
"Why? Whyyyy?"
"Apparently things get better because this is still the tutorial?"
"Yeah... So we can walk on water, what are we, Jesus? ... Yeah, we are."
"WHY?!"
"I mean, I just want to climb down this ladder, but I am blocked by it."
:salute:

...well, at least there are still hot goth chicks! :incline:

thief_fuckyoudad_zps04168e7b.png

Ha. On the second video, on the 10:39 mark, gayrrett is standing up behind a low crate that makes him have a completely dark gem, even though there's a big torch in front of him. the moment he walks from the crate into the light, he is imediatelly seen... And what is this shit of being seen meaning game over?

Sonus

Educated
The greatest mystery of all, that seems to have gone unnoticed, is how Carrot got The Claw™ back from the Thief-Taker General's leg; of all people. Madam Chow Chow, perhaps? lulz

AngryKobold

Arcane
Finally, a playthrough made by someone who does not wear pants on the head.

Certain parts of the video leave me in doubt.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wife bought be Thief because of the Amazon sale.

It will surely take a lot of effort for me to fulfill my role as defender of "good for what it is" on this one.

Sonus

Educated
I hate it when people buy me gifts after I said I wasn't interested. Hmmm

Dreaad

Arcane
Deep in your subconscious mind spreading lies.
When I see those hands grabbing stuffs every 10 seconds it reminded me of Riddick: escape from butcher bay. So I installed that and played it. Was awesome. Instead of watching hands grabbing stuff, you beat the shit out of people and stab them to death with a shank, whilst always remaining in control of your movement.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Riddick is one of those games that I absolutely loved the first time I played it and which I consider one of the biggest sleeper hits around, but that I simply cannot replay. I've tried replaying it countless times, but it's not really the type of game that offers a lot of replay value.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Sure, "wife" bought it... Man up and admit that you've wasted 30GBP on that shit.

Nah, she actually surfs my Amazon wishlist pretty often to buy me shit. It's a little thing we do, small gifts at random times. I'll admit I put it on my wishlist so I'd be notified of sales, if that makes you happy.

Sure, "wife" bought it... Man up and admit that you've wasted 30GBP on that shit.

Nah, she actually surfs my Amazon wishlist pretty often to buy me shit. It's a little thing we do, small gifts at random times. I'll admit I put it on my wishlist so I'd be notified of sales, if that makes you happy.

Why would you wish shit? Can't you just look at the toilet seat after taking a dump?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If there were literally a thousands stealth classics from history to play like there are RPGs I could see ignoring a modern one, but there aren't. I can list all the real stealth games in the world on both hands and maybe a few toes.

I'm sure this is a horrible Thief game but I'm not sure it's such a horrible stealth game to not be worth playing at some point.

Codex gonna Codex though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom