Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Deleted Member 16721

I think it might be Arcanum 2. I just read the manual for Arcanum and saw that younger elves sometimes address older elves as "auntie" and "uncle", with even elder elves being referred to as "grandfather" or "grandmother", even if the elves aren't related. Auntie Cleo's. Arcanum 2 in space, let's do it. :cool:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Rights for Arcanum IP are belong to Activision. Activision owns Blizzard. Boyarsky worked at Blizzard.
Coincidence?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Did they rediscover software engineering practices and their games have less bugs?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
And Ubisoft is making a post apo shooter......... WHAT IS HAPPENING ????????

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I dreamed about this announcement while fapping. This turned out to be a JRPG-like featuring cute anime girls with PS1 3D aesthetics but in a higher resolution. Codex had a meltdown, 200 pages of posts generated in a few hours.
There, now it makes even more sense

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Is that countdown 24 hours to when the show starts, or when Obsidian announcement starts?

Perkel

Arcane
Well i have to give it to them that no one fucking knows what to expect from them.

Still i think retro future fallout to go for that Betsheda money.
No wonder Tim and Leonard are heading this.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Is it too obvious for it to be the case or Auntie Cleo's name is allegory for and has been crafted using Tim Cain's and Leonard Boyarsky's names?

Auntie = self explanatory, both of them switched genders and merged into one cool RPG auntie

Cleo's = Tim Cain + Leonard Boyarsky

It also says Auntie Cleo's represents and Tim and Boiiyarski are brains behind this game

Tim....Leo....you've been busted!

DayofBlow

Educated
TcfpDM.gif

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Imagine staying up/planning your life around the announcement for an Obsidian game you know won't get released until quarter 1 2020 because that's the only time Obsidian succesfully release games,

And knowing that whatever bullshit release date they promise you will be delayed considerably because it's Obsidian, then released buggy and you have to wait for the 1.04-6 patch, again because Obsidian. Thus putting you to about mid 2020/2021 minimum

Molina

Savant
If the game takes place in a retrofuturism of the 1920s, we can still hope a blitzkrieg with a release Springer 2019.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
It will be a first person RPG with simultaneous turns based combat from an isometric point of view with a consolized retarded UI (because Fallout 1 UI was unintuitive and a mess).

It will be Bloodlines, Arcanum and Temple of Elemental Evil all put together, a distilled concoction, the essence of those games brought to this day and age and tweaked to the least common denominator.
In all the fraternities (and sororities of course) across US, frat boys/girls in search of that "hardcore RPG gamer" status will open champagne and sing jolly jolly tunes in anticipation for the wonderful days to come.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom