Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
Many people so hyped, that I beginning to fear that game will be one big disappointment. Interview with Leonard Boyarsky from previous year (or early this year? I don't remember) didn't calm my suspicions either, so I don't expect anything from this game. At least in this way I will not suffer from disappointment if game will be shit.

This will be the biggest disappoint this year.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
WaryActualAmericanwigeon-small.gif

I must know if decline or not!

Quillon

Arcane
A shame Codex of all places putting so little trust in Tim & Leo, proves Codex is mostly a DnD den than anything else :D

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Meanwhile I wonder why the fuck site is still down, someone DDoS them? Or in my joke was small seeds of truth and we should looking for announcement on microsoft site? Or their system administrator sleeping? I understand if they still not ready to announce a game, but site being down during exactly the same day of reveal is strange and disturbing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Here we goooooooooo

The Outer Worlds is going to be developed in Unreal Engine 4 and will be a fully 3D project, one with AAA production values but a tight scope. Private Division cites Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice as the sort of scale they’re shooting for.

Last but not least, Obsidian has confirmed there will be no form of microtransactions whatsoever in the upcoming sci-fi RPG, which I think is something we can probably all get behind.

https://www.game-debate.com/news/26...t-week-rumoured-to-be-called-the-outer-worlds

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol looks like Makabb realized too late he'd missed a thread that was ripe for spamming clickbait garbage

All will be clear in a few hours...

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm expecting something like Mass Effect 2, basically a 20ish hour blockbuster.

Quillon

Arcane
Hellblade is an 8 hour linear game

Not like Fallout 1 was particularly lengthy either.
That quote is horseshit though, no source and googling it just leads to a reddit thread linking the article.

Even if its true; linear, full of mocap story telling game ofc will be short, same scope/budget RPG will be much longer than that. 20 hours is bare minimum for RPGs.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hellblade is an 8 hour linear game

Not like Fallout 1 was particularly lengthy either.
That quote is horseshit though, no source and googling it just leads to a reddit thread linking the article.

The quote is not fake - source here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.p...independent-games-label-from-take-two.119573/

Doesn't mean what Safav thinks it means, though. A moderately constrained budget/scope doesn't necessarily mean short length or linearity. Fallout: New Vegas itself could be considered a low budget AAA game.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Boyarsky wouldn't have left his high paying blizzard job and be sad that he wasn't able to make his Diablo initial pitch just to make a linear game at Obsidian

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
A shame Codex of all places putting so little trust in Tim & Leo

Have you seen the recent "let's play Fallout 1 with Cain and Boyarsky"?

In before the world's blessed with a new Cain-Boyarsky masterpiece!

The hermit on the right is the one that ties it altogether.
Without him, Rapture is impossible :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom