Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

ps5 is now years out and it has grand total of 2 exclusive games on it.
It's called the PS5 because it has 5 exclusive games:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:PlayStation_5-only_games

A kid-friendly platformer
Not even that. Astro's Playroom is literally a short techdemo pack-in title.
It's a game, a short one, but can last you about 6 hours if you get every collectible (this is one of the very few games in which it's worth doing).

The levels themselves are fun because of their references.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Because 130 billion a year is simply not enough.

"The quality of our product has been plummeting for at least 10 years now, so surely raising prices is the answer! Brilliant!"

If these fuckwits would just make good games I wouldn't care what they charged. I just want a good game.
:rage:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If they really want to "save the earth" they should just stop selling the console. Actually, stop selling everything, give up the company and have all employees commit seppuku in name of the environment.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Everyone on that twitter thread is all :argh::argh::argh: at the "force gamers" part without even reading it.

Ho don't worry, it's coming.

Once an idea gets injected into the leftard hivemind it will just grow and grow until it becomes reality. There's no stopping this, they'll definitely try to come up with an energy tax for gamers.

Melcar

Arcane
They will shut off the console at certain hours during the day/night. Unless you have a loicence of course, which won't be cheap.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Greenies are nihilists. They hate humanity.
Yeah, I wonder what keeping them from offing themselves on masse. I kinda expected that to happen during the London stuff, you know when the glued themselves to roads and stuff.

Yeah, I wonder what keeping them from offing themselves on masse. I kinda expected that to happen during the London stuff, you know when the glued themselves to roads and stuff.
Cowardice; i.e. rules for thee but not for me. These are the least self-aware pod people on the planet. In fact, I wouldn't describe them as people at all.

They’ll probably reverse that update fairly quickly. America has shit Internet, and the majority of Americans probably have shit Internet. You fuck with Sleep Mode and the majority of people downloading shit are just going to end up using more power whenever they’re trying to download some huge game by just having the system run like normal. This is especially dumb for Microsoft given Xbox Game Pass.

This is the same stupid West Coast thinking that made Google think Staida could succeed with the kind of shitty Internet the majority of North American has. All Microsoft is doing is creating a situation where the console will use more power.

Zeriel

Arcane

Honestly I'm not sure they even do. A lot of it is performance from the privileged classes in society. They see they get rewards for pretending to be disgusted by humanity, so they do so. But they personally embody all the things they say they hate/want to change.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Theyve been doing that for the two previous console generations by not developing any worthwhile exclusives whatsoever. This saved millions of tons of emissions due to all those consoles not being turned on to play games.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
The earth will survive. It has survived several extinctions. This id control yet again.

By the way: it is not the same as planting a tree. They say thd same as planting a tree and it growing for 10 years per two console owners blah blah.

A single person can plant a fuck ton of actual trees in a day. Not all trees are the same. Get into forestry and tree planting and do a weeks worth. It trumps this fucking retardo MS ideas.

DemonKing

Arcane

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Everyone on that twitter thread is all :argh::argh::argh: at the "force gamers" part without even reading it.
Exactly - it's purely an option
You haven't payed attention at the patterns in the last decades. It's a very bad sign that XBOX personnel is aligned with this, even is optional and probably never will be mandatory. Or maybe some day will close online servers for a day or two, or another crazyness, who knows? There are now a lot of mandatory intrusive online aspects to gaming.

In a few years when things are worse in gaming, you will be still trying to minimize and explain away the Culture and Spiritual War that is destroying your hobby?

I guess my words are useless, in 2023 who hasn't realized yet, probably will never do.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Tbh I'm really happy I lack imagination to even try putting myself into mind of someone who would buy an xbox console and then try playing win98 games on it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom