Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
Was there anything interesting related to the main story in here? Never bothered to play or watch an LP.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Fuck Egypt indeed. It is ok at first but it overstays it's welcome. One day I will get out of Egypt...one day.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw why all questgivers in Egypt are women? I've met 4 so far and all 4 are women - Marya something, Council of Venice agent, snake wommyn and cafe owner. That's... not how muslim countries work...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
In Secret World everything you heard about conspiracies is true including women trying to take over the world through progressivism.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Last time I played this I had to get the terrible Secret World Legends and then edit some files or something to make it log in to TSW. Took me ages, all for a reminder on how weak the game is.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
For a MMO it is fine. If people expect more from a MMO in 2020 they are retarded.
Anything is fine if your standards are low enough. I had far better 21+ years ago made by a small team with a low budget.

FOR 2020. The quests and story in Secret World are worth checking out alone. If you like sandbox RPG's sure it is not the thing to play, but I challenge you to find a decent MMO produced today that is better. It isn't Old Republic or WoW I know that. So while people like you bash the game (some of it deserved) other games get the attention because they heard bad words said about a game that's only real fault now is it has been left for dead. You want better combat? Go fucking play Kenshi or Everquest or something.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I played this when it was new, it was weak then, it is even weaker now. Why should stuff be worse than 21 years ago?! Makes no sense. Everquest was programmed in freakin machine code by a bunch of noobs who had barely made anything before. A good team could completely remake the whole game in Unity or something in a few months. MMOs are only stagnant now because the kids never saw a real one so they rather play battle royale, mobas, fps.
You want better combat? Go fucking play Kenshi or Everquest or something.
You want shitty storyfag games? Go play an Adventure Game or Visual Novel or Walking Simulator something, like someone with a brain who knows what genres are supposed to be...

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Mhhhhm yeahhh....*yawn*

So you are saying only one kind of MMO should exist to appeal to your rampant MMO autism? Look if I have to play a MMO with subpar combat (like most MMO's really) to enjoy a game I am down with that. Why? Because Secret World is not entirely based around combat. I know it is amazing.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The secret world has one of the best written world and stories in gaming. You can't get this from any other game, so if I have to slog through mediocre MMO combat to experience it, so be it.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Mhhhhm yeahhh....*yawn*

So you are saying only one kind of MMO should exist to appeal to your rampant MMO autism? Look if I have to play a MMO with subpar combat (like most MMO's really) to enjoy a game I am down with that. Why? Because Secret World is not entirely based around combat. I know it is amazing.
No UO and EQ were nothing alike, but both are amazing. So was DAOC and some others from back then. There is a lot more than one type, I just expect a decent basic level of quality. If you don't like combat then why not play games with no combat? There are millions of them... Seems weird to suffer through mediocre combat for such a typical comic book story. Games can be whatever they want, 100% story or 100% combat or 50/50 or anything else. I just think if you put something in a game, make it good or don't put it in.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Mhhhhm yeahhh....*yawn*

No UO and EQ were nothing alike, but both are amazing. So was DAOC and some others from back then. There is a lot more than one type, I just expect a decent basic level of quality. If you don't like combat then why not play games with no combat? There are millions of them... Seems weird to suffer through mediocre combat for such a typical comic book story. Games can be whatever they want, 100% story or 100% combat or 50/50 or anything else. I just think if you put something in a game, make it good or don't put it in.
I don't see people swarming UO and Everquest threads with "why ur story so shit?" But here you are...

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Mhhhhm yeahhh....*yawn*

I don't see people swarming UO and Everquest threads with "why ur story so shit?" But here you are...
Because it isn't, you retard.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So you are saying only one kind of MMO should exist to appeal to your rampant MMO autism?
You gotta realize, the best games ever made also happen to be the games that @**** was playing the week he learned to touch himself to orgasm. Nothing created since then can ever compare to the perfection of the games that existed that wonderful, melancholy week 20 years ago. It's just science.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom