Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Dexter

Arcane
Cheapest it's ever been:

This any good?

Also found this game Bundle at 96% Off: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/8965/No_Gravity_Games_Collection_ALL_in_1/

Was slightly interested in Warlocks 2 for CoOp potential, but the reviews don't look too good. Not sure about any of the other games in there. How do publishers like this even survive if they publish mostly crap that's "Mixed" or doesn't even have enough reviews to have a rating?

mastroego

Arcane
It's also less discounted though so jumping straight to the 2nd title would violate 2 of my gaming principles. :negative:
I might get the first and see if I like the genre.

Another somewhat interesting offer is Phantom Doctrine at -80%.
Codex consensus here?

mastroego

Arcane
Another somewhat interesting offer is Phantom Doctrine at -80%.
Codex consensus here?
Kinda meh.
I trust your word. I was already on the "meh" side myself since I prefer sci-fi settings.

Speaking of which.... I've asked this before, and I know the game itself is shit, but I saw Civilization: Beyond Earth at -75%...
Could it be that by now mods made it good?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Too lazy to find the non-Steam deals thread (although most of these come with Steam keys), but for you box lovers out there:

https://theindiebox.com/collections/daily-deals

Re: Hand of Fate series. Both great. 1 is definitely worth playing. IMO, get both. Play 1, enjoy it. Go play something else. Several months to a year later play Hand of Fate 2. Sadly the studio went bankrupt so there will be no more. Note you can get the box collector version of Hand of Fate 1 from the link above. No idea what international shipping would be.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
CoaDE is on sale till Tuesday:

If you ever craved for a realistic space combat game with just current and near future tech, full ship and module design, n-body orbital physics, tactical small fleet combat and indiscriminate nuke spam, now you have the chance.

'Dex thread:
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/children-of-a-dead-earth.111131/

:martini:
Also, if you've ever complained about lack of realism in Sci-Fi, but don't get this, you're a humongous limp-dicked poseur.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In a RTS mood so bought Kane's Wrath and Red Alert 3. The C&C games are kinda cheap in this sale.

Requires Tiberium Wars, but it's cheap too.

So bros, what about the Hand of Fate series?
Recommended?
They're really enjoyable but they kind of rely on you having a wide range of tastes. You need to enjoy Batman counter-heavy action combat, ideally you enjoy a slight slice of deckbuilding and finessing encounters, ideally you enjoy a bit of RNG and text CYOA, and ideally you enjoy a slight sprinkling of roguelite meta-progression. Then wrap it all up with excellent voice acting and stylized graphics and you've got Hand of Fate. The combat's definitely the biggest determining factor since if you dislike some of the other parts you can sideline them a bit, but no matter how you play you'll have a big spoonful of action combat in there.

Base game is free on their website, any advantages for getting it on Steam?

Expansions, synced saves, workshop, and some steam-exclusive content.

Technically none of it is Steam-exclusive, it's just that if you buy it on Steam you get the same as having a paid account if you downloaded it free from them and then donated. Which gets you a few relatively minor things like one additional class and access to the shared-stash. Steam workshop's arguably Steam-exclusive but for a lot of workshop stuff you can download it without Steam, and probably most of the ToME mods are available on the ToME website anyway. I'm normally all for cheerleading Steam workshop since it's handy for getting automatic updates for mods but in ToME's case they sorta do that themselves though not as slick. ToME's definitely one where you largely just buy it if you feel like chipping in a few bucks rather than because there's a need to. Even the expansions are more about adding new races/classes and side areas than being very vital or important to the base game experience.

Vorark

Erudite
Picked up Age of Empires 2 DE and it runs just fine on Windows 7, at least for now. A surprisingly well done remaster, wouldn't mind if Mythology gets the same treatment down the line. Shame AoE1 seems to be borked and thus the cheap price, antiquity is always a fascinating time period and so underused.

Rip Ensemble Studios.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Shame AoE1 seems to be borked and thus the cheap price, antiquity is always a fascinating time period and so underused.

Ain't it just? Janky niche games like Alea Jacta Est are cool and all, but they shouldn't be almost everything. At the moment Assassin's Creed is the most intensely historical game set in antiquity afaik, and that's kinda sad.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012

If you ever craved for a realistic space combat game with just current and near future tech, full ship and module design, n-body orbital physics, tactical small fleet combat and indiscriminate nuke spam, now you have the chance.

'Dex thread:

Also, if you've ever complained about lack of realism in Sci-Fi, but don't get this, you're a humongous limp-dicked poseur.

BRO YOU FAG LOLLOLLOL BEEN READING BOUT THIS ON SPACE FORUM

LOLLOLLOL STEAM SALE I WAS DONE!?!
tenor.gif

'Dex thread:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Anyone doing the Steam GOTY thing? What are ya'll nominating? My gaming time this year was a bit reduced and I mostly played older or ancient games. Not really up to speed on good new games. I'm thinking about nominating Wasteland 3 for GOTY but I'm curious about some other tips.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Anyone doing the Steam GOTY thing? What are ya'll nominating? My gaming time this year was a bit reduced and I mostly played older or ancient games. Not really up to speed on good new games. I'm thinking about nominating Wasteland 3 for GOTY but I'm curious about some other tips.

Grimoire, same as every year :ibelieveincleve:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Grimoire, like every year :ibelieveincleve:

Unfortuntately Steam stopped being retarded and now, when it comes to 2020 GOTY, they only allow - shock! - games that actually came out in 2020.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom