Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zednick

Educated
For those of you craving an extreme nostalgia trip:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
mom, i want emperor: battle for dune!

no, honey... we have emperor: battle for dune at home:

this actually looks decent but it's also a bit... shameless

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
We even got a blobber in the list! I'm particularly interested in Xenonauts 2, Wantless and Ludus Mortis. But bookmarked Prometheus Wept and Archmage Rises as well.

Obligatory image:

Box_Lid_bm-600.jpg

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

MajorMace

Self-Ejected
Patron
Crysis and its sequels are on sale. Never played the latters, but I remember having a good time on the original back then, so I got it on steam.
AI is much worse than I remember, but goddamn the atmosphere is still top tier. The actual sequel Far Cry deserved to get.
I'm very surprised to see the poor reviews it gets on steam, while 2 and 3, allegedly much less ambitious, got a lot of praise. Which is weird considering they got rid of the free roaming in the jungle aspect. Pretty much the only reason to play Crysis (?).

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Zeno Clash sequel, first I'm hearing about it..

Is it my perception or is there an increase in the number of people with slight lips providing voiceover. Sibilance is getting thicker everywhere.

Zeno Clash 2 was rhe proper, direct sequel - same characters and story. Clash is more of a game in the same universe. It has a gimmick where you equip enemies' abilities and you turn into them, sort of.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Early access but game is fully playable is mostly for balance/fixing bugs.

isn't that game overly complicated/convoluted/bloated to absurd degree? At least that's what I remember from old YT review watched years ago...
And what are the connection with the Etrian Odyssey? Both have some Yggdra in it.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth

one of the best half life mods got reborn as a zero budget unreal engine game. however, this is basically a fucked up port with numerous glitches: the remake was originally made for the nintendo switch. there's numerous weird animation bugs that don't exist in the switch version, so i'd wait a few weeks

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom