Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

How the combat feels? Is it a good Tb system or what? Fun to use? Good diverse options in gameplay? Any attacks of opportunity? Hows the movement - just serviceable or gives interesting options?

Same question. I know there's attacks of opportunity (or "overwatch" or whatever), but what about the rest? From the videos it looks like just attack/move. There's no aimed attacks, but are there different attack types (thrust/slash, there has to be single/burst, but is there also different types of burst/auto fire?), and do weapons behave differently mechanically or are all melee weapons the same, and all non-explosive ranged weapons the same, etc.?

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I've found combat more difficult that Sensuki, but it's a free form character creation. I haven't put more than 2 points into any combat skill.

It's going to be hard to balance this thing especially with Chris Avellones running around with no combat skills trying to kill everything.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It is attack & move. That is all. SMG has two different fire modes though. Haven't found any energy weapons yet.

edit: I'll paste my combat stats n shit

SophosTheWise

Cipher
So, yeah, I basically paid 55$ for something that I could buy tomorrow for 20 bucks. That's classy. You know why I backed? Because I thought, ah, let's not pirate this one! Let's actually pay! And now that. Fuck off.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Same question. I know there's attacks of opportunity (or "overwatch" or whatever), but what about the rest? From the videos it looks like just attack/move. There's no aimed attacks, but are there different attack types (thrust/slash, there has to be single/burst, but is there also different types of burst/auto fire?), and do weapons behave differently mechanically or are all melee weapons the same, and all non-explosive ranged weapons the same, etc.?
Starting smg has 3shot/5shot burst.

Shotgun has double shot or single (this is one attack though, while the smg is 3 or 5 attacks).

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, yeah, I basically paid 55$ for something that I could buy tomorrow for 20 bucks. That's classy. You know why I backed? Because I thought, ah, let's not pirate this one! Let's actually pay! And now that. Fuck off.

Quoting for posterity.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Playing on "hard" i would have to say that its easy also i think one problem is due to the ai having problem. They tend to get stuck and not do anything or do simply stupid things. Like go up and hit someone dealing lots of damage to that character and then instead of attacking again they run away attacking something else. And so on.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The auto-regen issue is already being addressed. As for the difficulty, I'm not convinced; seems like there are a lot of people on Fargo's Twitter etc getting their asses kicked a bit.
A lot of people are bad at playing RPGs.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Infinitron could you add that drop of wisdom as my sig? I don't understand but I cannot use a sig or brofist yet :(
Oh and the whole regenerating health then just leave it on the normal and easy settings so all the badasses can play without it on macho level problem solved

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Char 1: Natalya (gator wearing dyke)

COOR: 7, LUCK: 4, AWR: 4, STR: 3, SPD: 4, INT: 3, CHA: 3

Blunt: 2, SMG: 3, Field Stripping: 1, Surgeon: 1

Char 2: Sabine (goth ninja pants)

COOR: 3, LUCK: 3, AWR: 4, STR: 5, SPD: 4, INT: 4, CHA: 5

Blunt: 3, Safecrack: 1, Barter: 1, Kiss Ass: 1, Leadership: 1

Char 3: Hazy Summer Day (Indian chick)

COOR: 4, LUCK: 4, AWR: 4, STR: 3, SPD: 4, INT: 6, CHA: 3

Assault: 1, Alarm Disarm: 2, Lockpick: 2, Field Medic: 2, Weaponsmith: 2

Char 4: BRUTAL DEATH (metal chick)

COOR: 5, LUCK: 5,AWR: 5,STR: 3,SPD: 4,INT: 3, CHA: 3

Handguns: 3, Demo:1, Synthtech: 2, Toaster Repair: 1

Picked most of this shit semi-randomly too. Didn't think too much about it

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really? I paid $500 for the chance to actually "kickstart" a new cRPG Renaissance. I wanted to help usher in this new era so in the future we would get more actual cRPGs that were/will be/are :incline: (P:E, AoD, D:OS, DS, etc.) rather than the typical AAA :decline: we've gotten for over a DECADE! I was (and still am) investing in the future of "old school" games I actually want to play. Man, the entitlement generation really makes me go... :rpgcodex:

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Really? I paid $500 for the chance to actually "kickstart" a new cRPG Renaissance. I wanted to help usher in this new era so in the future we would get more actual cRPGs that were/will be/are :incline: (P:E, AoD, D:OS, DS, etc.) rather than the typical AAA :decline: we've gotten for over a DECADE! I was (and still am) investing in the future of "old school" games I actually want to play. Man, the entitlement generation really makes me go... :rpgcodex:

I'm all for gaming idealism, but, as a student, I can barely afford playing games. If I had a full month's salary I wouldn't care one bit, but I haven't, so I fucking care if I get screwed over. This has got nothing to do with entitlement. :keepmyjewgold:

Any different ammo types to switch between at least? According to the wiki there's just 5 different calibers, which I'm guessing isn't right.

Lhynn

Arcane
I'm all for gaming idealism, but, as a student, I can barely afford playing games. If I had a full month's salary I wouldn't care one bit, but I haven't, so I fucking care if I get screwed over. This has got nothing to do with entitlement.
Yes, it does. And you are smart enough to know it.

tuluse

Arcane
I'm all for gaming idealism, but, as a student, I can barely afford playing games. If I had a full month's salary I wouldn't care one bit, but I haven't, so I fucking care if I get screwed over. This has got nothing to do with entitlement. :keepmyjewgold:
What InXile charges doesn't retroactively change how much money you had.

tuluse

Arcane
Sensuki see you have a lot of 3s. Try rolling with a squad with 2 in their max combat skill, you'll notice a huge difference.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Please tell me how you're getting "screwed over"? So what if more people playtest the beta? The end result will mean a better game for us all.

Arkadin

Arcane
Used to like your posts Minx2 until you started posting pictures of a guy without arms and legs that is really fucked up and not funny can you imagine that guy who hasnte even jerked of by himself? Not funny at all troll some other asshole

Are you trolling Invictus? because those pics *are* mind2x. He doesn't have arms or legs, and he's cool. Deal with it.

tuluse

Arcane
Used to like your posts Minx2 until you started posting pictures of a guy without arms and legs that is really fucked up and not funny can you imagine that guy who hasnte even jerked of by himself? Not funny at all troll some other asshole
Dude... dude.

Sensuki

Arcane
3 is the default, didn't even know you could drop something below 3.

Why would I want to play with 2 max combat skill in a combat gaem???

hiver

hafta say, those electric sparks in inventory are annoying just to look at in some video. (plus its really one ugly inventory)

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
What?
Fuck
Can someone errase my post my apologies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom