Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
3 is the default, didn't even know you could drop something below 3.

Why would I want to play with 2 max combat skill in a combat gaem???
I mean skills, not attributes. There is no default for skills as far as I saw.

Also this is an rpg, and I didn't raise any skills above 2.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

Right, well I am more of a mondblutian.

Combat RPG, as much as they have a lot of skills and advertise "skills skills skills" success will come through combat, probably not skill use (and so far skill use has been very trivial).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Heh, some SA jerk almost fried their computer playing the beta. Just like George Ziets and Expeditions: Conquistador, another Unity engine game.

Have to hand it to Harebrained for delivering a product with that same engine that didn't fry old hardware.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I'm all for gaming idealism, but, as a student, I can barely afford playing games. If I had a full month's salary I wouldn't care one bit, but I haven't, so I fucking care if I get screwed over. This has got nothing to do with entitlement. :keepmyjewgold:
What InXile charges doesn't retroactively change how much money you had.

No, it does not. But it changes what I could have. You know, like not having to maybe sacrifice lunch twice.
But it's all good now, according to Fargo, it's more expensive for Early Accessers than backers.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What?
Fuck
Can someone errase my post my apologies

I actually thought you were trolling. That is a big fail.
Nah, it's all good. I troll my own students when they first meet me. I tell them one of many different stories to "explain" my so-called condition. I particularly like telling the shark attack story and watch as their eyes grow wide... :D!

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Right, well I am more of a mondblutian.

Combat RPG, as much as they have a lot of skills and advertise "skills skills skills" success will come through combat, probably not skill use (and so far skill use has been very trivial).
Shrug. Seems like if you dump all skill points into combat, then combat will be easy. That's your choice, not the fault of the game. So far I've done very little combat because I'm using other skills to solve problems. That's how I've chosen to play, and it works too. So ... yeah.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Shrug. Seems like if you dump all skill points into combat, then combat will be easy. That's your choice, not the fault of the game. So far I've done very little combat because I'm using other skills to solve problems. That's how I've chosen to play, and it works too. So ... yeah.

"I enjoy combat so I'm going to focus on skills that reinforce that activity I enjoy."

"That activity I enjoy is not fun anymore."

I imagine inXile didn't want to run into the AoD problem. If only one were to give combat and non-combat skills separate pools to alleviate this problem... who would think to do a thing like that?

SophosTheWise

Cipher
If only one were to give combat and non-combat skills separate pools to alleviate this problem... who would think to do a thing like that?

You don't even need to do that. Just balance fights assuming maxed out combat stats and allowed non-combat characters to make fights easier with their skills (probably not best example, but something like talky characters charming enclave guards and science characters hacking turrets to help beat Horrigan).

You'll then have people with jack of all trades characters complaining that their characters aren't good enough to use social skills to make combat easier, nor good enough to bruteforce their way through.

But I want a balanced party

Nah, it's all good. I troll my own students when they first meet me. I tell them one of many different stories to "explain" my so-called condition. I particularly like telling the shark attack story and watch as their eyes grow wide... :D!

My father doesn't have one of his fingers, when I was little he told me a train ran over his hand. I never thought of asking what he was doing near the train tracks while a train was passing through, maybe your students won't either.

Steam players will help to finance C&C and reactivity :P It's perfect.

I read that beta lacks perks and traits. But it means that it will be implemented in the future or has it been cut?

You'll then have people with jack of all trades characters complaining that their characters aren't good enough to use social skills to make combat easier, nor good enough to bruteforce their way through.

It's like AoD all over again :aiee:. But yeah, you should make jack of all trades viable as well, maybe through synergy between skills (mechanics helps toaster repair; mechanics gives you some type of advantage with your firearms, etc.), or synergy between characters, where having mediocre repair still helps you out because you can help out another mediocre repair character to do something faster.

Flacracker

Educated
Fargo just said on his twitter :
You have a discount over people who purchase through Early Access....backers get the best deal.
And because of this Wasteland 2 is going to get shit on by all the retards saying the price should be cheaper since they are buying early. Just like what happened with Planetary Annihilation.

Monad

Learned
Welp, got my beta key, downloaded, started playing and yea....this thing needs to be optimized beyond belief. There's no way this game needs more than 4GB RAM and a 256 VRAM gpu. I mean that's what this laptop has, that should really be enough. My PC at home could run this in the current state just fine, but really you shouldn't need 8 GB RAM and 2 GB VRAM for this lol. That's as far as I got, it crashed right after I was done talking to Vargas.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Can we all agree that armor is completly broken ATM? Enemies with armor make Highpool way more difficult than Ag. Center, and when you get a armor yourself (or find one in the world map) the game's difficulty simply vanish.

I did a full frontal assault on the Kekkabahn to steal the golden pike, with 2 characters only, on hard. Both my characters were wearing armor, and I managed to kill all 8 enemies only taking 2 points of damage during the entire battle, from a axe attack. All others just hitted for 0 damage.

Bitcher1

Cipher
who would think to do a thing like that?
The Kingdoms of Amalur devs, of course, why do you ask? :troll:

BTW: did they really say they're gonna "patch in" reactivity later? Because I find the idea hilarious to say the least.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign

You're fucking kidding me right ?

So because I choose hardest difficulty and combat skills, combat should be a push over?

But if I am a derp who cannot into systems and character creation (Chris Avellone / Adam Brennecke), then it will be challenging ?

Why is it when people become mods for something they become so apologetic

Elthosian

Arcane
Couldn't play this decently because the game gets below 10 FPS whenever I enter the inventory/appareance screen, seriosuly, how do those crappy models get everything to run so slowly?

Monad

Learned
Couldn't play this decently because the game gets below 10 FPS whenever I enter the inventory/appareance screen, seriosuly, how do those crappy models get everything to run so slowly?

It's just how Unity is I guess.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I'm getting 60 FPS most of the time, machine runs pretty loud though. If I zoom out completely I have between 30 and 50 FPS. Running on a 7950 (3GB VRAM), i7-3820 3.6 GHz and 16GB RAM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom