Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - Kickstarter Live

Harthwain

Magister
Just the sheer amount of hype around such a vaporware project is testament to the fact that a proper team should make a Daggerfall-like RPG.
It is the easiest to get hyped around the idea though.

The entire purpose of Wayward Realms is to give us the Daggerfall sequel we never got. The intention was always to create something smaller but still massive.
I wouldn't mind the simulation being fairly compressed in size (yes, even less than massive), provided it is a proper simulation. That way you could dedicate more time for making your simulation more interesting, rather than having to deal with adding more blocks in just to fill the space on the map it has to occupy. If your game is successful you could always go for expansions, so I'd argue there is no real loss in cutting to size the project to get something more manageable. Then again, I think this fiasco has shown to us that some people simply aren't good at management side of the project.

Self-Ejected

Netch

Self-Ejected
This game will be great for anyone who somehow managed to enjoy Daggerfall, though personally I'm astonished that there are people who actually played that game for more than a few hours and think it was any good.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
AspvvZI.jpg

Looks like 2D sprites on a 3D background. Looks good.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah it's kinda giving me Amid Evil vibes on the art style, which is good. If it is 2D sprites they are high detail and pretty.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Yeah it's kinda giving me Amid Evil vibes on the art style, which is good. If it is 2D sprites they are high detail and pretty.

They'll still have those janky Daggerfall animations though right? If there's one advantage 3D would have over 2D, it's that animations are way easier to make.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Entirely dependant on how many frames they use for animations, there's nothing saying that sprite animations have to look janky.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

How is it good?

Can we get ONE game that looks normal or must everything be artsy indie shit?

Daggerfall had tremendous atmosphere with the graphics it had. If they can't even get that right they might not even bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom