Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Wayward Realms - upcoming Daggerfall-like RPG from original Elder Scrolls developers - Kickstarter Live

Moink

Cipher
Already at $50k with 10 people backing the $1000 edition.

Azdul

Magister
They already got US$54k. I wish their success.

At some point I'm just going to assume people are not pattern-recognizing creatures.

Or ... Know that this has small chance of success but wanna risk anyway.
What they've promised is not impossible to do.

I remember decade ago few guys tried to make Daggerfall inspired project on Ogre 3D engine with 0$ budget - and they've got 'outside' and (clunky) combat working in a few months. Unfortunately in 2008 Ogre 3D didn't have features that it has today - and custom extensions were understood only by the guy who created them.

Once Lost Games are currently at 65 000 $.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
At some point I'm just going to assume people are not pattern-recognizing creatures.

Or ... Know that this has small chance of success but wanna risk anyway.
What they've promised is not impossible to do.

From their own materials, what they "promised" is to use the funding for one year of development so they can find a publisher.

So yeah. I'll say that's not impossible at all.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Some nice touches in that video. I like the climbing aspect, I also like some of the funny physics things that are going on, such as the sword somehow pivoting about on the skeleton's shoulders.

Looks good!

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Yeah they're easily on pace to meet their goal. That's step 1. Step 2 is actually delivering the EA on time and with the allotted funds. Step 3 will be convincing a publisher to fund the rest of the project, and step 4 will be delivering on it. They can shit the bed anywhere along the way, but I still want to believe.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The footage looks like bunch of unity assets but there are interesting things in there such as climbing skills and skeleton friendly fire.

I am not giving them a cent, even if i won the lottery but i truly wish them luck.

Lemming42

Arcane
Fell asleep on the sofa and for some reason woke up genuinely excited for this for the first time ever. A sudden and unexpected personality shift, like those people who go to bed one day and wake up the next morning only able to speak French. It's still got a way to go and the team have shown themselves to be bumbling cock-obsessed fools but unless that video is obscenely staged, they've actually done it - they've created the groundwork for a new Daggerfall, and they may well be able to bring it to fruition.

I can't wait to give them my money!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly I am interested but then I went and goes to the VGM Section

So this will mostly be proc-genned stuff? Radiant Quest and Radiant AI?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Fell asleep on the sofa and for some reason woke up genuinely excited for this for the first time ever. A sudden and unexpected personality shift, like those people who go to bed one day and wake up the next morning only able to speak French. It's still got a way to go and the team have shown themselves to be bumbling cock-obsessed fools but unless that video is obscenely staged, they've actually done it - they've created the groundwork for a new Daggerfall, and they may well be able to bring it to fruition.

I can't wait to give them my money!

That sounds amazing. Say, have you heard about Star Citizen?

Gargaune

Arcane
This Wayward Realms thing sounds interesting, but that's about as far as it goes for me. I ain't about to jump into another Early "it'll be cool, bro" Access pipedream, let alone a Kickstarter for an Early Access to get a Publisher. If something interesting makes it to release, I'm game, sure, but that's a looong way down the line.

Rudra

Literate
Honestly if this game ends up being Daggerfall 1.5, I'll be plenty happy

There's no game quite like it and a successor would be great

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom