Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Depends how much you will like pt. 2 I'd say. If you like it a lot, then it's worth to try the other path. If you find it meh and in many ways inferior to pt. 1., perhaps it's better to jump straight to pt. 3.

v1rus

Arcane
So, started playing it, all on ultra. Was stupefied by how amazing the game looks.

Then decided to give Witcher 3 a run, just to see will it run smoothly on ultra.

It runs smoothly, so all is fine, but it must have fucked up my system, since Witcher 2 looks ultra-shit now :negative:

Old One

Arcane
It runs smoothly, so all is fine, but it must have fucked up my system, since Witcher 2 looks ultra-shit now
Would you mind giving a brief rundown of your system specs? I haven't bought Witcher 3 yet, partly because I'm not convinced it will run well on my current setup, even though 2 runs just fine.

v1rus

Arcane
It runs smoothly, so all is fine, but it must have fucked up my system, since Witcher 2 looks ultra-shit now
Would you mind giving a brief rundown of your system specs? I haven't bought Witcher 3 yet, partly because I'm not convinced it will run well on my current setup, even though 2 runs just fine.

Sure thing :)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
Intel Core i5-6600k CPU @ 3.50hgz
8gb ram

v1rus

Arcane
Plot-wise (since I guess consequences arent dire) , is it better to save triss or the other chick (asking for both paths)

thesoup

Arcane
Fascinating how much this game runs better than w1 while looking way better. It's actually stunning once you turn off the blur.

I just beat the kayran and srsly fuck that qte.

v1rus

Arcane
Fascinating how much this game runs better than w1 while looking way better. It's actually stunning once you turn off the blur.

Hm. Blur is turned on over here - does it slow the game for you, or its just shitty looking? Gonna try turning it off, anyway.

thesoup

Arcane

Hm. Blur is turned on over here - does it slow the game for you, or its just shitty looking? Gonna try turning it off, anyway.
Uh sorry, i meant bloom. Bloom just gives everything a reddish tint and oblivionesque lighting. It's shit.
Vsync is also on by default and I hope you turned that off too.

Starwars

Arcane
There is one setting, though I can't recall what it is called at the moment, that brought my FPS way down in Witcher 2 even though I ran Witcher 3 pretty flawlessly on the same rig (with some of the hair shit turned down to medium or whatever).

v1rus

Arcane
There is one setting, though I can't recall what it is called at the moment, that brought my FPS way down in Witcher 2 even though I ran Witcher 3 pretty flawlessly on the same rig (with some of the hair shit turned down to medium or whatever).

I've got the fucking exact same feeling - I found that Witcher 3 runs way better than Witcher 2.

thesoup

Arcane
I totally ignored the qte prompt when one of Roche's guys said he'd never do a she-elf. :positive:

v1rus

Arcane
When the fuck did i pick up that figurine?

Also, it seems like I missed my chance to remove that fucking tattoo. Witcher 3 is going to be hell lot of fun.

v1rus

Arcane
Beat the game. Gotta say, I enjoyed it more than Witcher 1. While its worse in some forms, the dialogues and plot are way more organized, and improved graphics help, a lot. We'll ignore the fact its more of a cinematic experience than a game. Witcher 1 had a lot more satisfying ending tho.

Now, an important, technical question.
My last Witcher 2 save is just before meeting Letho, and thus, the one i transferred to Witcher 3. How will the game know if I decided to spare him or kill him? Did i transfer the wrong save, or, will the game literally ask me "WHADDYA DO WITH LETHO BRAH?"

Time for Roche's path and at long last, Witcher 3. :salute:

Falksi

Arcane
Beat the game. Gotta say, I enjoyed it more than Witcher 1. While its worse in some forms, the dialogues and plot are way more organized, and improved graphics help, a lot. We'll ignore the fact its more of a cinematic experience than a game. Witcher 1 had a lot more satisfying ending tho.

My last Witcher 2 save is just before meeting Letho, and thus, the one i transferred to Witcher 3. How will the game know if I decided to spare him or kill him? Did i transfer the wrong save, or, will the game literally ask me "WHADDYA DO WITH LETHO BRAH?"

Be interesting to see what you think after the second play through. That's where it really hit home to me how superb a game it us.
And be sure to play on Dark mode too. Feels way better with that added challenge.

Sizzle

Arcane

Early on in TW3, you will have a conversation where you can determine your choices in 1 and 2.

v1rus

Arcane

Be interesting to see what you think after the second play through. That's where it really hit home to me how superb a game it us.
And be sure to play on Dark mode too. Feels way better with that added challenge.

Will surely do, but for an another replay, not now. Got a save near the ending of chapter 1, so Ill start from there, and rush through it without doing any content thats not path exclusive. I simply cant wait to jump on Witcher 3 :D But I will replay it one day, that's for sure, it was really a quite enjoyable experience.

Early on in TW3, you will have a conversation where you can determine your choices in 1 and 2.

Isnt that supposed to happen only if you didnt transfer your save?

On a side note, I actually found the last save (autosave before cinematic outro). Strangely, even tho it was saved at 17:31, the game keeps reading it as it was saved 15:31. I doubt it will matter tho.

Falksi

Arcane
Will surely do, but for an another replay, not now. Got a save near the ending of chapter 1, so Ill start from there, and rush through it without doing any content thats not path exclusive. I simply cant wait to jump on Witcher 3 :D But I will replay it one day, that's for sure, it was really a quite enjoyable experience.

Isnt that supposed to happen only if you didnt transfer your save?

On a side note, I actually found the last save (autosave before cinematic outro). Strangely, even tho it was saved at 17:31, the game keeps reading it as it was saved 15:31. I doubt it will matter tho.

Smart move. Defo wise to do a full play through when it feels fresh again. Whilst for me Roach's path was slightly duller thank the elven one, the depth seeing the story from 2 angles added was brilliant.

thesoup

Arcane
I'm fairly close to beating the game (save x or y in chapter 3) and I have to say my impressions are a bit opposite. While I like the game, the original was considerably better. I'll write a longer post once I beat w2 which I suppose will be sometime this week.

v1rus

Arcane
I'm fairly close to beating the game (save x or y in chapter 3) and I have to say my impressions are a bit opposite. While I like the game, the original was considerably better. I'll write a longer post once I beat w2 which I suppose will be sometime this week.

And I'll gladly go bit more in-depth in my anti-thesis.

Oh, the fun we have on Codex.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IIRC you need to get a save from after meeting Letho. If you're using a save, you don't get the conversation where you say what you did in 2, so for things that the save doesn't have the game defaults stuff in. The default for Letho is for him to be dead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom